X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

Don’t think Ohio st will be pulling any playoff upsets this year.
    sigpic

Comment

• Bronco51
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2005

Purdue is stomping a mud hole in their behinds.

Comment

• ELWAY421
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Don’t think Ohio st will be pulling any playoff upsets this year.
        Yep, our defense is horrible and it finally caught up with us. I honestly think Michigan is the best team in the Big Ten. Unfortunately we are out of the discussion for any playoff. Better now than getting embarrassed in the playoffs. We are in the same boat as Auburn. Irrelevancy. Another bad year for football. Broncos are mediocre and so are my Buckeyes.

Comment

• armedequation
          cafe official sidekick
          • Aug 2005

73 pass attempts by haskins...thought that was crazy until i saw 85 is fbs record
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
            Yep, our defense is horrible and it finally caught up with us. I honestly think Michigan is the best team in the Big Ten. Unfortunately we are out of the discussion for any playoff. Better now than getting embarrassed in the playoffs. We are in the same boat as Auburn. Irrelevancy. Another bad year for football. Broncos are mediocre and so are my Buckeyes.
            Auburn is massive irrelevant. Ohio st could still have a 12-1 season even if they miss the playoff
            sigpic

Comment

• ELWAY421
              Football Immortal
              • Dec 2007

Auburn is massive irrelevant. Ohio st could still have a 12-1 season even if they miss the playoff
              To me if Ohio St doesn't make the playoff they are irrelevant. I've come to the conclusion that Urban Meyer isn't a very good coach. He's a hell of a recruiter but to be honest Jim Tressel was a better coach.

With all of these great recruiting classes Meyer brings in we should be in the playoff every other year at least. Or at least that's the way I see it.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                Super Moderator
                • Dec 2008

To me if Ohio St doesn't make the playoff they are irrelevant. I've come to the conclusion that Urban Meyer isn't a very good coach. He's a hell of a recruiter but to be honest Jim Tressel was a better coach.

With all of these great recruiting classes Meyer brings in we should be in the playoff every other year at least. Or at least that's the way I see it.
                He's the Coach Cal of football? Actually he can't be, because at least Urban has turned his recruiting into Championships. Maybe Coach K is a better comparison? Lots of recruits, always talked about as being a great coach, but never really living up to the hype that surrounds him and his recruits?

Comment

• ELWAY421
                  Football Immortal
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  He's the Coach Cal of football? Actually he can't be, because at least Urban has turned his recruiting into Championships. Maybe Coach K is a better comparison? Lots of recruits, always talked about as being a great coach, but never really living up to the hype that surrounds him and his recruits?
                  Who's the coach of Cal?
                  Last edited by ELWAY421; 10-21-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                    Super Moderator
                    • Dec 2008

Who's the coach of Cal?
                    I was talking Coach John Calipari. The "best recruiter" in all of college basketball, who's team is loaded with 5 star freshman every single year, and who has 1 championship to show for it. The most overrated Coach in college sports.

Comment

• ELWAY421
                      Football Immortal
                      • Dec 2007

I was talking Coach John Calipari. The "best recruiter" in all of college basketball, who's team is loaded with 5 star freshman every single year, and who has 1 championship to show for it. The most overrated Coach in college sports.
                      Oh, I got ya now lol. That's a good comparison. Can't take away from Meyer as a recruiter and he does have the titles but if he were to go I wouldn't cry.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

Calipari is far from the most overrated coach in college sports. Basketball is a very different animal than football.

NCAA basketball titles tend to be won more by talent plus experience than just talent. Just because you recruit a ton of 5 star talent doesn’t mean your freshmen are going to beat a talented group of juniors and seniors from a school like Villanova or Duke or Wisconsin or wherever. Calipari suffers the 1 and done more than anyone in college basketball and has to play with inexperience every single year. The fact he has a title at all like that is amazing. He has to start over every single year.

You ask me the most overrated coach in college sports is Jim Harbaugh.
                        sigpic

Comment

• HUMCALC
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2011

Calipari is far from the most overrated coach in college sports. Basketball is a very different animal than football.

NCAA basketball titles tend to be won more by talent plus experience than just talent. Just because you recruit a ton of 5 star talent doesn’t mean your freshmen are going to beat a talented group of juniors and seniors from a school like Villanova or Duke or Wisconsin or wherever. Calipari suffers the 1 and done more than anyone in college basketball and has to play with inexperience every single year. The fact he has a title at all like that is amazing. He has to start over every single year.

You ask me the most overrated coach in college sports is Jim Harbaugh.
                          Bob Stoops for me
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• DenverBlood
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            Bob Stoops for me
                            He has a title. Harbaugh doesnt.
                            sigpic

Comment

• HUMCALC
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2011

He has a title. Harbaugh doesnt.
                              He's also lost a ton of games that he shouldn't have, or so Oklahoma fans tell me. That includes the Boise State game
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                                The ArchAngel
                                • Jan 2009

In Harbaugh's defense, he's coaching at a time where the sport has Alabama as a juggernaut. Yea Clemson got them. But the point is this is Bama's sport and it's not up for grabs. If anything Harbaugh deserves the praise he gets for turning Michigan around, which has been awful since Lloyd Carr left.

Not to mention it's an academic school, so they aren't even recruiting the same type of players schools like Bama, Georgia, and LSU recruit. Regardless of how good you may be, you have to be getting amazing grades to get into Michigan, doesn't matter how good you can throw or how good you can tackle.

Should Harbaugh have at least more Bowl wins and more success in the Big Ten? Yes definitely. But circumstances are just that. When they lost to Michigan St that wasn't on Harbaugh. The punter dropped the ball and instead of just covering it up, he fumbled it again and that led to State winning.

Then you have injures to their top players.

Just saying I don't see how Harbaugh is overrated. Guy has done a good job with what he had to clean up and where they are now. And it's not like when he got signed, people in the media claimed he would dethrone Bama.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X