Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    This is a prime example of why they need to move to a 8 team format. If the committee is dead set on putting inferior teams in then they need to add 4 more period! Imo Georgia is the second best team in the nation, and they are sitting at home watching ND get destroyed again in a big game. I would like to see some competitive games in the playoff. I'm sure we all would.
    You could argue Georgia had their one game playoff chance and blew it same as Oklahoma did tonight.

Iím all for an 8 team playoff but in current format I see no reason to give Georgia a second shot when they already got one at Bama and choked.

This is a prime example of why they need to move to a 8 team format. If the committee is dead set on putting inferior teams in then they need to add 4 more period! Imo Georgia is the second best team in the nation, and they are sitting at home watching ND get destroyed again in a big game. I would like to see some competitive games in the playoff. I'm sure we all would.
    Personally I'd be in favour of 8 teams, but I do see the other side of the argument. If you go to 8 teams then the 9th team is going to feel slighted and they're going to push for an expansion so they get in. You'll always have that team that just misses arguing for an expansion of the playoffs.

The NCAA basketball tournament as great as it is, is an example of this. You had 32 teams, then it went to 64, then it became 65 with 1 play in game. Now it's 68 with 4 play-in games.

At some point you need to draw a line and say that this is it. But I think in doing that you need to take some of the subjectivity out of it The 5 power conference champions automatically get in, the next 2 spots are reserved for group of 5 conference winners who are undefeated or put together an impressive season against a tough schedule. Then there's 1 wild card spot, which is reserved for the most impressive team that doesn't fit that criteria. Although in saying that, if all of the group of 5 champions are 2 or 3 loss teams, (or there's only 1 GO5 champion that meets criteria) then their 1 or 2 spots will go to the second and third most qualified wild cards.

This year for example you'd have had the following 8 teams:
    1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Ohio State
    5. Washington
    6. UCF
    7. Notre Dame
    8. Georgia

I know Washington has 3 losses, but I think being a major conference winner deserves the chance to win a national title (and if they're undeserving they'll be beaten quickly).

Georgia isn't doing a whole lot to prove they should have been in the playoffs right now. Still a lot of game left but right now Texas looks like the better team

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Georgia isn't doing a whole lot to prove they should have been in the playoffs right now. Still a lot of game left but right now Texas looks like the better team
    Agreed. It's only one half, but the argument that Georgia was a playoff team seem overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Agreed. It's only one half, but the argument that Georgia was a playoff team seem overstated.
    Like i said before they had their chance and choked on it. I donít believe in second chances under the college football format unless other teams blow it.

Georgia lost twice they deserved to be out. And proved it last night.

Speaking of Georgia. Justin Fields transferring to Ohio State.

So gang, is this Clemson QB going to be a stud NFLer? I hear he has some nasty good tools!

I was going to mention Tua as well, and just like that he throws a pic 6. But it's early in the game.

Am I in the wrong thread?? I thought this would be popular tonight.

Anyway....I thought the clock broke, because there have been 3 TDs, and they've played less than 4 and 1/2 minutes!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Am I in the wrong thread?? I thought this would be popular tonight.

Anyway....I thought the clock broke, because there have been 3 TDs, and they've played less than 4 and 1/2 minutes!!
    This one is off to a fast start.

I'm bet a CP that Alabama would win by 14+ but I'd rather pay it! Go Clemson!!!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

I'd trade a helluva lot to move into drafting position for Tua. He's going to be special in the NFL.

Yeah that was with me. I had forgotten about it, I've got 4 or 5 CP bets on various things and I can't remember what any of them are or who they're with. I'm getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    I'd trade a helluva lot to move into drafting position for Tua. He's going to be special in the NFL.

I don't see it. I think he's a lot like Matt Leinart, good in part because of the immense talent around him which is much better than every opponent.

I wonder what the over/under is on Alabama punts tonight. 1.5?