Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Very selfishly I hope it takes till the 2020 season for the Raiders to jell with all the moves they have made. With the way Pace has drafted the last few years a high second would look real good.

Now a question for you DS...….Eddie Piniero, how did he look with the Raiders last year before he was injured? In your opinion does he have the accuracy and leg of an NFL kicker?
    I think you guys will be fine with him. I was saying to myself before he went down that we may have found our kicker because he converted all 3 or 4 of his kicks and my Florida friend raved about him.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    NFL.com has a list of the top 20 players of all time traded in their prime. I found this interesting for me personally because Mack was surpassing my favorite all-time Raider linebacker before he was dealt.

The Packers obviously lost big time in the trade since they only made the playoffs once in the next 20 years since that trade, and that was in a strike shortened season. Hendricks eventually became our greatest linebacker of all-time. The two draft picks would turn out to be Ezra Johnson, a good defensive end, and Mark Koncar, a mediocre lineman.

Anyway, we'll see where this eventually goes.
    I think this list illustrates what I have been saying all along that you don't get equal compensation when you trade a player of Mack's caliber. Take Fred Dean for instance, he was traded for the same reason Mack was, money. Dean held out, was traded and the Chargers only got a draft pick back......What a mistake on their part.

How can you get fair compensation for players who have earned the gold jacket?

I think this list illustrates what I have been saying all along that you don't get equal compensation when you trade a player of Mack's caliber. Take Fred Dean for instance, he was traded for the same reason Mack was, money. Dean held out, was traded and the Chargers only got a draft pick back......What a mistake on their part.

How can you get fair compensation for players who have earned the gold jacket?
    When did Mack actually earns a gold jacket

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I wouldnít say that because itís assuming heís already a HOF however Mack being as good as he is, I donít believe heís earned his HOF honors yet.

However I think he originally meant something like a generational player which at this time Mack seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Hope we have to wait a long time to figure that one out. On his current path I would say he is well on his way. It is like Von Miller you just know that five years after retirement he will be getting his.

Point remains though, players on this list, most of whom would earn a gold jacket after retirement where among the best in the league at the time of their respective trades. In no case do I believe the trading team got equal compensation.
    Last edited by bears6385; 05-25-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Ok DevilSpawn….you knew I would bring this thread back for this week. Bears vs Raiders in London with Mack leading the best defense in the NFL.

Ok DevilSpawn….you knew I would bring this thread back for this week. Bears vs Raiders in London with Mack leading the best defense in the NFL.
    Jesus I was just replying to this thread. Good timing.

Replying to say the defense looks awesome, but the team as a whole is beatable.

I would expound on that and say,,,I’d be picking the raiders....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

This team looks a lot like the 2015 Broncos. Great defense that can carry the day, and an offense that seems to just score enough. Low scoring and ugly Bears will win.

Thanks for Eddy BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I would expound on that and say,,,I’d be picking the raiders....
    Nah go with the Bears. If we can beat the Vikings with six starters out I think we handle the Raiders. No one has handled Mack and this D yet.

This team looks a lot like the 2015 Broncos. Great defense that can carry the day, and an offense that seems to just score enough. Low scoring and ugly Bears will win.

Thanks for Eddy BTW.
    Let's see if it makes up for giving the Eagles Trayvon Hester.

I have the Raiders winning by 5. Let's go with 21-16.

Aaaand I just realized I won't see this game live since I'll be at Comic Con during the game.

Let's see if it makes up for giving the Eagles Trayvon Hester.

I have the Raiders winning by 5. Let's go with 21-16.

Aaaand I just realized I won't see this game live since I'll be at Comic Con during the game.
    So the Bears defense allows 11.2 ppg and the Raiders are going to score 21......doubtful. To win this game the Raiders have to have some kind of running game which no one has been able to do to the Bears all year. Take for example Delvin Cook the best runner in the league so far this season. Against the Bears 35 yds 2.5 avg 1 td, while also shutting down the Vikings outstanding WR's. I don't think the Raiders inconsistent offense is going to do much against this D.

On offense the Bears were horrible in the first two games of the season but much more consistent the last two weeks. All our O has to be this week is in London is be as efficient as we were last week against the Vikings.

I predict Mack violently meets his good friend Carr a number of times on Sunday.

So the Bears defense allows 11.2 ppg and the Raiders are going to score 21......doubtful. To win this game the Raiders have to have some kind of running game which no one has been able to do to the Bears all year. Take for example Delvin Cook the best runner in the league so far this season. Against the Bears 35 yds 2.5 avg 1 td, while also shutting down the Vikings outstanding WR's. I don't think the Raiders inconsistent offense is going to do much against this D.

On offense the Bears were horrible in the first two games of the season but much more consistent the last two weeks. All our O has to be this week is in London is be as efficient as we were last week against the Vikings.

I predict Mack violently meets his good friend Carr a number of times on Sunday.
    The question is, how many sacks is he going to record against Carr?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The question is, how many sacks is he going to record against Carr?
    I say two, one of them being a strip sack, while setting up a few more. Another question, how many holding calls will Mack cause the Raiders OL.

I say two, one of them being a strip sack, while setting up a few more. Another question, how many holding calls will Mack cause the Raiders OL.

You two are really going out on a limb saying Mack will have a big game. He will, but will it lead to a win? The Bears offense is the reason why we have a shot.

I'd have much more doubt in this game if the Raiders didn't come off a win in Indianapolis, a game they were supposed to lose.

The Raiders will probably game plan as they did with Denver the last two games: quick passes. They have the backs that can turn quick passes into long gains and a reliable tight end that can move the chains.

Our defense is far from good, but a career journeyman at 32 years old making his 5th start is a friendly remedy.

I'm still going with 21-16.