Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Lol great day for Raiders!! Traded a 3rd pick for Bryant who is getting cut and suspended
    This belongs in the Jon Gruden Dumpster Fire thread. Let's keep the insults in this thread to the Mack trade, ok?

Early reports of the Mack deal.

Khalil Mack and the Bears just reached agreeement on a record-setting 6-year, $141 million extension ($23.5M per year avg) that includes $90M guaranteed and $60M at signing, source tells ESPN. Mack is the new highest-paid defensive player in NFL history.

Sorry spawn seeing this so soon may sting a bit but I had to post it. It just doesnt look right at all. I actually oppose the move because believe it or not I want the competition to be at their best when they play denver. It makes a victory all the more sweeter!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sorry spawn seeing this so soon may sting a bit but I had to post it. It just doesn’t look right at all. I actually oppose the move because believe it or not I want the competition to be at their best when they play denver. It makes a victory all the more sweeter!
    Nah I got over it before it was official. I'm too old to hang on to xyz player.

He'll be a great Bear and I wish him all the best (except against us and Green Bay because I drafted Aaron Rodgers) but i just remembered Mitchell Trubisky is their QB is. If he doesn't improve then we'll have 2 top 10 picks.

Feel for the Raiders fans here.

Terrible deal. Even though you technically won the trade...terrible deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

Elway signing Von underrrated move

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Nah I got over it before it was official. I'm too old to hang on to xyz player.

He'll be a great Bear and I wish him all the best (except against us and Green Bay because I drafted Aaron Rodgers) but i just remembered Mitchell Trubisky is their QB is. If he doesn't improve then we'll have 2 top 10 picks.
    I wouldn't count it.

Adding Mack, Roquan Smith and holding Trevathan... Da Bears have a defense that is once again stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway signing Von underrrated move
    I think we overpaid. It's manageable but it's hurting us a bit right now.

If we'd given up two firsts to overpay him like that...wow. That would have been epic fail.

Von should have been classy and given us a bit of a home town discount like CHJ and Wolfe. I think his ego got the best of him and he wanted to be the highest paid defensive player.

His stats have paid the price for it by facing nothing but double and triple teams ever since, with no collapsing middle. All because we couldn't afford Malik, or a replacement for Ware.

Thinking about it more...I'm not sure which is the dumber team here. Hard to imagine how two teams could fail so equally:

Raiders:
    - You're trading away your most productive and respected player right when he's hitting his prime
    - You're going to nuke locker room morale
    - Even though you got the bears to overpay, you have a fruitcake coach who will likely blow each of those picks

Bears:
    - Paying two first rounders for anything other than a franchise QB...fail
    - Topping that with a league-record contract...upgraded to epic fail
    - These are likely top 10 draft picks you've traded away based on Trubisky's progress thus far

Great news for the Broncos, though.

Can't believe some of us were hoping to land Gruden. The guy is a serious crackpot. Guaranteed he loses the locker room by middle of next season...if not sooner.

I think we overpaid. It's manageable but it's hurting us a bit right now.

If we'd given up two firsts to overpay him like that...wow. That would have been epic fail.

Von should have been classy and given us a bit of a home town discount like CHJ and Wolfe. I think his ego got the best of him and he wanted to be the highest paid defensive player.

His stats have paid the price for it by facing nothing but double and triple teams ever since, with no collapsing middle. All because we couldn't afford Malik, or a replacement for Ware.
    Overpaid? What would Von have signed for and what player could we have had? Malik he got $14 mil Id argue Jacksonville overpaid.
    Elway offered Malik around $10 mil a year, $14 in my opinion is overpaying
    Von is double and triple teamed more than anybody.

Vons deal is based on what hes accomplished, on his rookie contract he was a deal, now hes getting what he deserves.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 09-01-2018 at 09:58 PM.

It's as if they spent their last $20 to get 100,000 lottery tickets. Yes that's an incredible deal, but anyone that plays the lotto knows that it's not how many tickets you have, it's if you picked the right numbers.

It's as if they spent their last $20 to get 100,000 lottery tickets. Yes that's an incredible deal, but anyone that plays the lotto knows that it's not how many tickets you have, it's if you picked the right numbers.
    Perfect analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I like how your new sig pic is face palming.

Welcome Back! #85

Thinking about it more...I'm not sure which is the dumber team here. Hard to imagine how two teams could fail so equally:

Raiders:
    - You're trading away your most productive and respected player right when he's hitting his prime
    - You're going to nuke locker room morale
    - Even though you got the bears to overpay, you have a fruitcake coach who will likely blow each of those picks

Bears:
    - Paying two first rounders for anything other than a franchise QB...fail
    - Topping that with a league-record contract...upgraded to epic fail
    - These are likely top 10 draft picks you've traded away based on Trubisky's progress thus far

Great news for the Broncos, though.

Can't believe some of us were hoping to land Gruden. The guy is a serious crackpot. Guaranteed he loses the locker room by middle of next season...if not sooner.
    Can't speak for the Raiders and their fans, but as for the Bears this is a total fail on your part.

1 On this I agree with Joe Thomas when he said fans overvalue top draft picks which is a fact when you consider how many of those picks go bust. When you have the cap room, and you can land a HOF caliber player at any position you take it, especially one that can make a very good defense an elite one.

2 A league record contract for a defensive player while the quarterback you just drafted to take your team to the next level is under his rookie deal does make a difference. Also having the cap space to make this deal while fielding one of the youngest rosters in the league.

3 Predicting the future is an epic fail right there. What are the odds of Gurden making the right picks and even if he does will either of them be as good as Mack. So you are really looking at Trubisky's progress from last year in Fox's crap offense where everyone of his top wr's from 2017 haven't made a single NFL roster for this season. That makes no sense. You are right on one point though even with the Mack signing Trubisky has to make that second year leap for this team to advance.
    Last edited by bears6385; 09-02-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Can't speak for the Raiders and their fans, but as for the Bears this is a total fail on your part.

1 On this I agree with Joe Thomas when he said fans overvalue top draft picks which is a fact when you consider how many of those picks go bust. When you have the cap room, and you can land a HOF caliber player at any position you take it, especially one that can make a very good defense an elite one.

2 A league record contract for a defensive player while the quarterback you just drafted to take your team to the next level is under his rookie deal does make a difference. Also having the cap space to make this deal while fielding one of the youngest rosters in the league.

3 Predicting the future is an epic fail right there. What are the odds of Gurden making the right picks and even if he does will either of them be as good as Mack. So you are really looking at Trubisky's progress from last year in Fox's crap offense where everyone of his top wr's from 2017 haven't made a single NFL roster for this season. That makes no sense. You are right on one point though even with the Mack signing Trubisky has to make that second year leap for this team to advance.
    have to agree with all of this. to trade for a proven game wrecking commodity, it's worth more than just one first round pick. especially when you don't know where you will be picking in the first round. would a team trade away a proven player like mack for their 20th overall pick in the draft and a second rounder? i sure as hell wouldn't.

Welcome Back! #85