Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    As the regular season has just ended, think of this, Mack and this young Bears defense is just hitting it's peak as we go into the playoffs. Sunday against the Vikings was the most dominate game of the year for this D.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,528
    I won't lie, the hater in me enjoyed that. Immensely.

    Good luck next year and thanks for the late 20 something pick.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    As the regular season has just ended, think of this, Mack and this young Bears defense is just hitting it's peak as we go into the playoffs. Sunday against the Vikings was the most dominate game of the year for this D.
    So you're one and done in the playoffs. Don't sweat it. The future is bright!

    You can really add a key piece with your first round pick this year...owait, traded that for Mack

    Well, next year's first round pick can really round out the roster...owait, traded that for Mack

    No worries! Free agency can put you over the top...owait, gave a record-setting contract to Mack. No cap space.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,864
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I won't lie, the hater in me enjoyed that. Immensely.

    Good luck next year and thanks for the late 20 something pick.
    Haha

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,528
    On September 1, the Raiders traded Mack to da Bears.

    On September 3, they released Trayvon Hester. The Eagles signed him on September 7.

    Hester partially tipped the ball and caused the missed field goal.

    You're welcome Chicago. You're welcome Philadelphia.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    Now that the 2019 draft is over lets see what the Raiders got for Mack this year. At #24 a much lower draft pick than the Raiders thought they were going to get from the Bears, the pick is Josh Jacobs a running back. Could be a solid pick but compared to Mack he is just a guy.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Now that the 2019 draft is over lets see what the Raiders got for Mack this year. At #24 a much lower draft pick than the Raiders thought they were going to get from the Bears, the pick is Josh Jacobs a running back. Could be a solid pick but compared to Mack he is just a guy.
    The Raiders save a lot in cap space. That is the real benefit.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    So you're one and done in the playoffs. Don't sweat it. The future is bright!

    You can really add a key piece with your first round pick this year...owait, traded that for Mack

    Well, next year's first round pick can really round out the roster...owait, traded that for Mack

    No worries! Free agency can put you over the top...owait, gave a record-setting contract to Mack. No cap space.
    Now that the draft and free agency is over, I can say thank you the Bears future is bright.


    In Mack we got our first round pick a year early, worked out well for us. Where also able to give Nagy some weapons on offense.


    In the 2020 draft the Raiders high 2nd round pick probably is not going to be much different than the Bears low 1st rounder.


    Without a lot of holes to fill the Bears did very well in free agency, thanks for asking. BTW Bears still have cap space to add a player or two if needed.


    All in all Mack trade is still everything we needed it to be a year later.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The Raiders save a lot in cap space. That is the real benefit.
    Is it......It all depends on how they use that cap space. We will see, but it is the Raiders after all.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Is it......It all depends on how they use that cap space. We will see, but it is the Raiders after all.
    New regime.
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Now that the 2019 draft is over lets see what the Raiders got for Mack this year. At #24 a much lower draft pick than the Raiders thought they were going to get from the Bears, the pick is Josh

    Jacobs a running back. Could be a solid pick but compared to Mack he is just a guy.
    If he turns out to be a top back for the next 5 years, it was well worth it. And even then, this trade is only halfway done.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,964
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    New regime.

    If he turns out to be a top back for the next 5 years, it was well worth it. And even then, this trade is only halfway done.
    Not saying he wont amount to something special but losing Mack, one would have to tell themselves almost anything to justify Jon Gruden decision to trade him.

    Losing Mack was huge especially when the raiders didnt have to trade him.

    Anything short of a super bowl victory will reflect extremely poor on Gruden for doing such a thing!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-12-2019 at 08:38 PM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    New regime.

    If he turns out to be a top back for the next 5 years, it was well worth it. And even then, this trade is only halfway done.
    Not buying it...….What appears to be two low first round picks for Mack and probably a high second round pick, Gruden got robbed.


    In my opinion there were no running backs in this draft that should be considered a first round talent. I don't know that Jacobs is any better a prospect than Sanders who went a round later.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Not buying it....What appears to be two low first round picks for Mack and probably a high second round pick, Gruden got robbed.


    In my opinion there were no running backs in this draft that should be considered a first round talent. I don't know that Jacobs is any better a prospect than Sanders who went a round later.
    Gruden didn't get robbed as he received two first rounders on top of the ones they already have. You seem to think top 10 picks are automatic and anything lower is a bust. It's all about what happens on the field and that's to be determined in the next several years.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,964
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Gruden didn't get robbed as he received two first rounders on top of the ones they already have. You seem to think top 10 picks are automatic and anything lower is a bust. It's all about what happens on the field and that's to be determined in the next several years.
    The picks/players Gruden recieved for Mack will have to perform on a very high level for the trade to be justified.

    Mack is a generational player and if just one of those draft picks turns into a superstar, Id say it was worth it but anything less is just a pure failure for Gruden.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Gruden didn't get robbed as he received two first rounders on top of the ones they already have. You seem to think top 10 picks are automatic and anything lower is a bust. It's all about what happens on the field and that's to be determined in the next several years.
    When you consider that Gruden made the Mack trade with the idea that the Bears would not improve in 2018 and he would then get at least a very high draft pick, he simply did not do his homework on this team. In 2017 with a bad team the Bears D was in the top 10, and then added both Smith in the draft and Mack. Gruden seemed to only assume that the Bears would continue to be a horrible team. He misread the situation and got fleeced. Mack is one of the best defenders in the league playing at the highest level, Jacobs could not even win a starting job in college. Jacobs and next years #1 would have to be special players to justify this trade.....not seeing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •