Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Very selfishly I hope it takes till the 2020 season for the Raiders to jell with all the moves they have made. With the way Pace has drafted the last few years a high second would look real good.

Now a question for you DS...….Eddie Piniero, how did he look with the Raiders last year before he was injured? In your opinion does he have the accuracy and leg of an NFL kicker?
    I think you guys will be fine with him. I was saying to myself before he went down that we may have found our kicker because he converted all 3 or 4 of his kicks and my Florida friend raved about him.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    NFL.com has a list of the top 20 players of all time traded in their prime. I found this interesting for me personally because Mack was surpassing my favorite all-time Raider linebacker before he was dealt.

The Packers obviously lost big time in the trade since they only made the playoffs once in the next 20 years since that trade, and that was in a strike shortened season. Hendricks eventually became our greatest linebacker of all-time. The two draft picks would turn out to be Ezra Johnson, a good defensive end, and Mark Koncar, a mediocre lineman.

Anyway, we'll see where this eventually goes.
    I think this list illustrates what I have been saying all along that you don't get equal compensation when you trade a player of Mack's caliber. Take Fred Dean for instance, he was traded for the same reason Mack was, money. Dean held out, was traded and the Chargers only got a draft pick back......What a mistake on their part.

How can you get fair compensation for players who have earned the gold jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    I think this list illustrates what I have been saying all along that you don't get equal compensation when you trade a player of Mack's caliber. Take Fred Dean for instance, he was traded for the same reason Mack was, money. Dean held out, was traded and the Chargers only got a draft pick back......What a mistake on their part.

How can you get fair compensation for players who have earned the gold jacket?
    When did Mack actually earns a gold jacket

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I wouldnít say that because itís assuming heís already a HOF however Mack being as good as he is, I donít believe heís earned his HOF honors yet.

However I think he originally meant something like a generational player which at this time Mack seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Hope we have to wait a long time to figure that one out. On his current path I would say he is well on his way. It is like Von Miller you just know that five years after retirement he will be getting his.

Point remains though, players on this list, most of whom would earn a gold jacket after retirement where among the best in the league at the time of their respective trades. In no case do I believe the trading team got equal compensation.
    Last edited by bears6385; 05-25-2019 at 11:56 AM.