Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    You two are really going out on a limb saying Mack will have a big game. He will, but will it lead to a win? The Bears offense is the reason why we have a shot.

I'd have much more doubt in this game if the Raiders didn't come off a win in Indianapolis, a game they were supposed to lose.

The Raiders will probably game plan as they did with Denver the last two games: quick passes. They have the backs that can turn quick passes into long gains and a reliable tight end that can move the chains.

Our defense is far from good, but a career journeyman at 32 years old making his 5th start is a friendly remedy.

I'm still going with 21-16.
    GO BEARS! My favorite NFC team!
    Utah Bronco Freak

You two are really going out on a limb saying Mack will have a big game. He will, but will it lead to a win? The Bears offense is the reason why we have a shot.

I'd have much more doubt in this game if the Raiders didn't come off a win in Indianapolis, a game they were supposed to lose.

The Raiders will probably game plan as they did with Denver the last two games: quick passes. They have the backs that can turn quick passes into long gains and a reliable tight end that can move the chains.

Our defense is far from good, but a career journeyman at 32 years old making his 5th start is a friendly remedy.

I'm still going with 21-16.
    Not just Mack but the whole damn defense. Yes, Mack will lead that defense to an ugly win. The offense will score enough if the defense stays as dominate as it has been since the season began. Scary thing is this D can get even better as the season goes along. Bears totally shut down a very good Vikings team that dominated Oakland the week before, and did that with three starters on the bench, Smith, Hicks, and Nichols.

Stat wise Raiders and Colts are about the same team, so I don't see that as a great win. Colts O is at #19 Raiders #21, and both teams have given up the exact same number of points 102.

Quick passes......you don't think every team that has faced this D has not done this? Bring on backs who can catch the ball because the Bears have the LB's who can cover them. If this is the Raiders plan just remember it is really tough to have long sustained drives against a defense this good.

Agreed your defense is far from good. Daniel is a vet QB who knows this offense inside out. He only has to be efficient as he was against the Vikings, one of the toughest defenses in the league. The Raiders only have five sacks this year so if you can't pressure Daniel he will put up enough points to win this game.

Doubtful a team that only scores 19 ppg is going to get 21 against the Bears defense.

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Not just Mack but the whole damn defense. Yes, Mack will lead that defense to an ugly win. The offense will score enough if the defense stays as dominate as it has been since the season began. Scary thing is this D can get even better as the season goes along. Bears totally shut down a very good Vikings team that dominated Oakland the week before, and did that with three starters on the bench, Smith, Hicks, and Nichols.

Stat wise Raiders and Colts are about the same team, so I don't see that as a great win. Colts O is at #19 Raiders #21, and both teams have given up the exact same number of points 102.

Quick passes......you don't think every team that has faced this D has not done this? Bring on backs who can catch the ball because the Bears have the LB's who can cover them. If this is the Raiders plan just remember it is really tough to have long sustained drives against a defense this good.

Agreed your defense is far from good. Daniel is a vet QB who knows this offense inside out. He only has to be efficient as he was against the Vikings, one of the toughest defenses in the league. The Raiders only have five sacks this year so if you can't pressure Daniel he will put up enough points to win this game.

Doubtful a team that only scores 19 ppg is going to get 21 against the Bears defense.
    If we used averages like that every week to determine games, the why bother playing them.

To answer your questions about the backs, Washington is meh. Richard however can turn a pass into a homerun or a long gain deep into enemy territory. Linebackers won't be able to stick with him the entire game. And Josh Jacobs, only slowed down by blowout situations, is proving to be the real deal. So if Chase is only going to be efficient, then that would mean the game is in reach, late. That's a gamble with Jacobs, Richard and our TE Darren Waller who, prior to Thursday's game, was 2nd in the league in catches (now 4th).

Gruden's offense has always been about quick efficient passes, which Carr is good at. It's a complaint because of the lack of the deep ball, but there are games, such as this one, where it's needed.

This game may come down to the Bears putting the Raiders away. In order for the Raiders to win this game, they need to score 21 points. I was at the Giants-Bears game last year and saw creative ways they scored. I don't expect tricks of that nature, but if Chase Daniels is less than efficient and gives us gifts with great field position, we won't need the long field to score.

Good luck today. Win or lose I should be online sometime during or after the late games.

If we used averages like that every week to determine games, the why bother playing them.

To answer your questions about the backs, Washington is meh. Richard however can turn a pass into a homerun or a long gain deep into enemy territory. Linebackers won't be able to stick with him the entire game. And Josh Jacobs, only slowed down by blowout situations, is proving to be the real deal. So if Chase is only going to be efficient, then that would mean the game is in reach, late. That's a gamble with Jacobs, Richard and our TE Darren Waller who, prior to Thursday's game, was 2nd in the league in catches (now 4th).

Gruden's offense has always been about quick efficient passes, which Carr is good at. It's a complaint because of the lack of the deep ball, but there are games, such as this one, where it's needed.

This game may come down to the Bears putting the Raiders away. In order for the Raiders to win this game, they need to score 21 points. I was at the Giants-Bears game last year and saw creative ways they scored. I don't expect tricks of that nature, but if Chase Daniels is less than efficient and gives us gifts with great field position, we won't need the long field to score.

Good luck today. Win or lose I should be online sometime during or after the late games.
    In my opinion you can only win this game if the Raiders can pull off what the Giants were able to do last season in NY. Early
    turnovers that put the Bears down 14 in the first two drives. Dominate performance by a RB (Barkley) Trick play or two by a creative staff. That game was an any given Sunday type of upset game. They do happen, but the odds are always on the best team. You are hoping for that upset......I am hoping for the Bears to continue to roll behind the Mack led defense.

Good luck, will be back to discuss win or lose.

DS congrats great win. Giants game all over again, down big early, early turnover, dominate performance by a rookie runner, trick play.

Your offense line was also dominate today,

Good luck the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    DS congrats great win. Giants game all over again, down big early, early turnover, dominate performance by a rookie runner, trick play.

Your offense line was also dominate today,

Good luck the rest of the season.
    Thank you. It was a wild game and I only started watching it when the Bears caused the fumble at the 1. My phone died at Comic Con and when I got to a bar, it was 17-0. When I got home, it was 21-17.

Carr surprised me today at the end. Jacobs surprised my expectations. But that fumble at the 1 is the reason why the Bears can win any game they're in.

Good luck the rest of the way.