Boy oh boy, Elway sure knows how to pick em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baphamet
    Family Trust Beer
    • Nov 2006

Boy oh boy, Elway sure knows how to pick em!

elway's 2017 draft class....

1) Garett Bolles
    2) DeMarcus Walker
    3) Carlos Henderson = GONE
    3) Brendan Langley = GONE
    5) Jake Butt
    5) Isaiah McKenzie = GONE
    6) De’Angelo Henderson = GONE
    7) Chad Kelly

already half that daft class off the team. yet you donko fans always want to argue with me when i say elway sucks at drafting players? he just does. he isn't the best GM in the league like most of you have claimed at one time or another.

before you even say it.......every single pick from tom telesco's 2017 draft is still on the team and it's not like i think he's this great GM. but he's damn sure better at evaluating talent than elway.

all elway can do is write big checks for players that are already good, if you expect him to spot good college prospects you're going to be disappointed, if you're a broncos fan that is.
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

The only one on that list that I’m overly upset about is D’Angelo Henderson. I think Elway made huge error here it may come back to haunt him.

It’s not so much that he cut D’Angelo Henderson but he cut him in favor of keeping Devonte booker, someone who in my opinion has done nothing, I think he averaged like 2.5 yards per carry this preseason.

Also Paxton Lynch taking up a valuable roster spot has left me very dissatisfied right now.

Comment

• Rancid
      Hall of Famer
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

1) Garett Bolles
      2) DeMarcus Walker
      5) Jake Butt
      7) Chad Kelly

already half that daft class off the team. yet you donko fans always want to argue with me when i say elway sucks at drafting players? he just does. he isn't the best GM in the league like most of you have claimed at one time or another.

before you even say it.......every single pick from tom telesco's 2017 draft is still on the team and it's not like i think he's this great GM. but he's damn sure better at evaluating talent than elway.

all elway can do is write big checks for players that are already good, if you expect him to spot good college prospects you're going to be disappointed, if you're a broncos fan that is.
      True! But, I wouldn't say he knows how to pick 'em. I'd say he thinks he's smarter than everyone else and it turns out quite the opposite.

Go ahead and start the post about keeping Lynch-- yet another dumb Elway move. I cannot wait until a Bowlen gets in charge to hold him accountable for this stuff.
      sigpic

Comment

• Butler By'Note
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2008

1) Garett Bolles
        2) DeMarcus Walker
        5) Jake Butt
        7) Chad Kelly

It's better to admit the mistake and move on then hold on to players that aren't going to work out just because you drafted them. Look at the Chargers, they won't admit they made a big mistake at QB in 2004, and they keep living Groundhog Day over and over where he accumulates stats but the team doesn't get victories with those stats. Even with "the most talented roster in the NFL" from 2006-2010 he only ever helped them get a participation ribbon from 1 AFC Championship game.

Comment

• arapaho
          reserved for losing bet
          • Mar 2004

Hmmm the great talent evaluator Tom telesco,

Can any body tell me his charger record during the same years as elway
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• baphamet
            Family Trust Beer
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            Hmmm the great talent evaluator Tom telesco,

Can any body tell me his charger record during the same years as elway
            deflect much? i take it you don't disagree with my OP?

Comment

• baphamet
              Family Trust Beer
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              It's better to admit the mistake and move on then hold on to players that aren't going to work out just because you drafted them. Look at the Chargers, they won't admit they made a big mistake at QB in 2004, and they keep living Groundhog Day over and over where he accumulates stats but the team doesn't get victories with those stats. Even with "the most talented roster in the NFL" from 2006-2010 he only ever helped them get a participation ribbon from 1 AFC Championship game.
              the chargers most definitely did not have the most talented roster in the league between 2006-2010

Comment

• arapaho
                reserved for losing bet
                • Mar 2004

deflect much? i take it you don't disagree with my OP?
                Who cares about telesco keeping lessor talent

What’s the teams record since elway and telesco started leading the two teams

Record
                Post season success?

Those are the the what you look at

Unless you ain’t close to a equal
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Jonny_Quest
                  Playmaker
                  • Dec 2010

1) Garett Bolles
                  2) DeMarcus Walker
                  5) Jake Butt
                  7) Chad Kelly

He had some stinker years in the middle. No arguing that.

Looking like he might have nailed this draft, though. If he keeps applying the same philosophy (drafting for proven production, maturity, and leadership rather than combine potential), I think the trend will continue.

Don't sell Telesco short. He has a good eye for picks. Unlucky with injury-prone players, though.

Comment

• baphamet
                    Family Trust Beer
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                    Who cares about telesco keeping lessor talent

What’s the teams record since elway and telesco started leading the two teams

Record
                    Post season success?

Those are the the what you look at

Unless you ain’t close to a equal
                    lesser talent? you mean guys like desmond king who he drafted in he 5th round who would start on your team?

so now you're telling me that because the chargers haven't had any recent playoff success, that means they have no talent?

i suppose because the broncos won a ring a few years ago, that means this team is chalk full of talent?

think about that for just a second and you will realize how dumb that logic is.

the chargers have talent all over the field, telesco has done alright for himself but he isn't the best GM in the league like john elway who couldn't draft to save his life.

Comment

• 58Miller
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jul 2013

lesser talent? you mean guys like desmond king who he drafted in he 5th round who would start on your team?

so now you're telling me that because the chargers haven't had any recent playoff success, that means they have no talent?

i suppose because the broncos won a ring a few years ago, that means this team is chalk full of talent?

think about that for just a second and you will realize how dumb that logic is.

the chargers have talent all over the field, telesco has done alright for himself but he isn't the best GM in the league like john elway who couldn't draft to save his life.
                      Desmond King start over Chris Harris , or Bradley Roby ?
                      Lol!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                        Family Trust Beer
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                        Desmond King start over Chris Harris , or Bradley Roby ?
                        Lol!!!!!
                        bradley roby, yeah. king as a rookie was the 8th ranked corner in the league according to PFF (roby 22nd). the guy supposedly lacks speed but his skill is probowl level and he was the Jim Thorpe Award winner for best corner in college football as well, the kid can play but you go ahead and continue to be the homer that you are.

Comment

• 58Miller
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jul 2013

bradley roby, yeah. king as a rookie was the 8th ranked corner in the league according to PFF (roby 22nd). the guy supposedly lacks speed but his skill is probowl level and he was the Jim Thorpe Award winner for best corner in college football as well, the kid can play but you go ahead and continue to be the homer that you are.
                          King spent 95.5 percent of his snaps from either a slot corner or linebacker position.
                          King would back up this guy in the slot

and can’t compare him to Roby who lines up outside.

Last edited by 58Miller; 09-02-2018, 11:24 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• justabroncosfan
                            Starter
                            • Sep 2015

1) Garett Bolles
                            2) DeMarcus Walker
                            5) Jake Butt
                            7) Chad Kelly

Good insight. You can now add Paxton Lynch to that bunch, though he was drafted in 2016. Maybe the Chargers add him? With Geno Smith and Paxton Lynch behind him, Phillip Rivers can play until hes 50.

Comment

• baphamet
                              Family Trust Beer
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post
                              Good insight. You can now add Paxton Lynch to that bunch, though he was drafted in 2016. Maybe the Chargers add him? With Geno Smith and Paxton Lynch behind him, Phillip Rivers can play until hes 50.
                              the chargers had their paxton lynch, his name was cardale jones. RIP to our season if rivers goes down. the way geno holds onto the ball, you would think that thing was made of gold.

Comment

Working...
                              X