Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 108
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't have an easy way to break down our UDFA vs others, but looking at our roster,

    Lindsey, Patrick, LaCosse, Barrett, Johnson, Harris Jr., Thomas (CB), Carter (IR) are all currently on the roster (other than Carter, but he has a shot when he comes back) That's 7 players that are UDFA and a lot of those UDFA players are from 2018. So when you've got that many guys that are playing so well they make the team...You are going to have some draft picks that you either have to cut outright or stash on your practice squad.

    Having success with UDFA is NOT a knock on Elway, it's a praiseworthy attribute. This team excels at finding diamonds in the rough. 0.13% of our roster is UDFA
    0.13%?

    Should that decimal move to the right? Even one player on the 53-man roster would be 1.89%


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,644
    Ya, the 0. Shouldn't be on any of the percentages... Not sure what I was doing this afternoon lol. Just pretend it's straight percentages.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,644


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    0.13%?

    Should that decimal move to the right? Even one player on the 53-man roster would be 1.89%

    I corrected percentages in my edits this morning...my brain is mushy this week from lack of sleep.


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    481
    Cherry picking, perhaps? That was a bad draft class, most fans admit this. Evaluating all of Elway's picks, and their contribution on the field, is the only way to judge his ability. Ain't nobody got for that, not even Bronco/Elway fans. Or, if you do, maybe it's time to re-evaluate how you spend your time. And, most Broncos fans admit Elway is hit/miss with the draft. Don't believe me, look over the bazillion threads complaining about exactly this topic.

    This OP is a sad reach to feel good about something.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1963 View Post
    Cherry picking, perhaps? That was a bad draft class, most fans admit this. Evaluating all of Elway's picks, and their contribution on the field, is the only way to judge his ability. Ain't nobody got for that, not even Bronco/Elway fans. Or, if you do, maybe it's time to re-evaluate how you spend your time. And, most Broncos fans admit Elway is hit/miss with the draft. Don't believe me, look over the bazillion threads complaining about exactly this topic.

    This OP is a sad reach to feel good about something.
    My evaluation was pretty in depth and only took 30 minutes. Researching isn't hard man. Just because you wouldn't spend your time like that, doesn't mean anyone else needs to re-evaluate their time. Some people get enjoyment out of researching stuff like that.

    It's especially enjoyable to put that sort of effort in and watch baph disappear.


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    My evaluation was pretty in depth and only took 30 minutes. Researching isn't hard man. Just because you wouldn't spend your time like that, doesn't mean anyone else needs to re-evaluate their time. Some people get enjoyment out of researching stuff like that.

    It's especially enjoyable to put that sort of effort in and watch baph disappear.
    You did a great job but I hadn't read the entire thread so I didn't see it. My research comment was just a joke.
    But using complete data to stomp on the OP, I give you kudos.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,644
    Based off your silence baph, I guess the only thing left for me to do in this thread is this.



    Last edited by Freyaka; 09-05-2018 at 03:50 PM.


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Part 3
    Code:
    Team	Still on the Team	Still in the League	Out of the NFL	Total Drafted
    2016				
    Broncos	        6	8	0	8
    Chargers	5	5	3	8
    Patriots 	6	8	1	9
    Browns	        6	9	5	14
    Of the Broncos 8 2016 picks, 75% stuck around. All are still on a roster. For the chargers (I'll grant you, of the 3, some might be on IR, had a hard time finding right info) 62% still on the roster and in the league. The other 3 have not played a down in preseason or regular since since 2016. Patriots 66% still on the roster 88% still in the league. The browns 42% still on the roster 64% in the league.

    Code:
    Team	Still on the Team	Still in the League	Out of the NFL	Total Drafted
    2017				
    Broncos	        7	8	0	8
    Chargers	7	7	0	7
    Patriots 	2	4	0	4
    Browns	        6	7	3	10
    Now onto the topic of the thread. It's hard to judge a class one year out. My method I used is If they are on the practice squad for the team, they are still on the team as they still have a chance to get promoted within this year. If they are not on an active roster or practice squad, they will fall under the out of the league category, but they still can make an NFL comeback so it's not truly "out of the league"


    To finish it up. Since Elway's been here
    Code:
    Team	Still on the Team	Still in the League	Out of the NFL	Total Drafted
    Broncos	        18	38	16	54
    Chargers	21	27	21	48
    Patriots	18	33	15	56
    Browns	        16	39	27	66
    33% of our picks are still on the roster. 70% are still in the NFL. The chargers still have 43% on their roster, but only 56% are still in the NFL. The patriots have 32% of the players on their roster, 59% still in the NFL. The browns have 24% on their roster and 59% are still in the NFL.

    So again. We're doing fine. We do struggle keeping players on the Roster, but it's not due to making the wrong pick. If 70% of Elway's picks are still on an NFL team, he's not doing terrible. The chargers do a lot better job of keeping their players on their team, but a larger percentage of their draft picks don't make it.

    Neither of our teams draft bad, despite the attempt at smack you tried in this thread.
    ill admit, that was a quality write up and i much prefer this than the simple drive by trolling you normally do.

    a couple things i would like to argue though.

    #1 lets not forget, i'm not the one hyping tom telesco as the best GM in the league like most of you have done with elway at one time or another.

    #2 the fact you can't keep them on the roster as well is on elway.

    but yes, i'll give you your point as far as players staying in the NFL but if you look at each draft that elway has done, at least compared to telesco because that's the only comparison ive seen, it lools below average, especially recently.

    as far as the attempt at smack i tried in this thread? i didn't need to try, the facts in my OP speaks for itself. is it not a fact that half elway's draft last year is already off the team? tha'ts horrendous. especially considering that two of them were third round picks.

    talk about swing and a miss?
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-05-2018 at 04:24 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Based off your silence baph, I guess the only thing left for me to do in this thread is this.

    i was offline, but nice try.

    ive smacked you a lot to hear nothing but crickets, it was a good post though, a very rare one from you lol

    but tell me, why are they not on your team? it's not really a slam dunk argument when they do you no good by being on other teams.
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-05-2018 at 03:56 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,315
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i was offline, but nice try.

    ive smacked you a lot to hear nothing but crickets, it was a good post though, a very rare one from you lol

    but tell me, why are they not on your team? it's not really a slam dunk argument when they do you no good by being on other teams.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    12,452
    I donít approve of a lot of the decisions at UC health when it comes to player personnel however I do understand that Manning didnít do special things like this all on his own!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,281
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i was offline, but nice try.

    ive smacked you a lot to hear nothing but crickets, it was a good post though, a very rare one from you lol

    but tell me, why are they not on your team? it's not really a slam dunk argument when they do you no good by being on other teams.
    The contracts they demanded is part of the reason. Plus paying top contacts to players isn't what wins superbowls. Having players perform on rookie contracts is what normally wins the superbowl.

    As far as what we have done recently or 2016 draft ws fairly decent. Lynch cut and dixon or 7th traded for a 7th everyone else is starting or solid rotation.

    Gotsis - starting DE
    Simmons - starting safety
    Booker - starting third down back
    McGovern- starting guard
    Janovich- starting fullback
    Parks - solid safety rotation

    So the draft to get that many starters is what you want. Yes the Lynch pick was bad but missing on the first round pick but still getting that many starters isn't a fail.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,644
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i was offline, but nice try.

    ive smacked you a lot to hear nothing but crickets, it was a good post though, a very rare one from you lol

    but tell me, why are they not on your team? it's not really a slam dunk argument when they do you no good by being on other teams.
    I mean. You put the best 53 players on your roster, fa, drafted, udfa. If the best players are a mixture of fa/draft and udfa.

    Ideally we would build better via the draft because that's the cheaper option, but whatever gets the job done.

    I do believe that we'll see a large portion of this draft hang around. Kubiak being involved really improved this draft class imo.


  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,538
    My god that is a horrible draft, it's hard to defend that one. 2018 is looking pretty solid, but man John Elway has to be close to having some serious questions asked of him from someone above, problem is, who does he answer to ? Who would even fire him ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •