Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Around The League - 2018 Season

Well now, the season officially begins tomorrow, so I thought it a good time to start up this thread. It's meant to discuss the happenings of all the games (except Broncos of course - we got a place for them!), and any news or related info of interest.

So...lets begin!

Each year I wonder, "which players will catapult into stardom, and which teams will become valid contenders?" As for players, should we always be expecting another Kamara, or if not for injury, Watson? And do we put too much on specific rookie RBs? Is Barkley the real deal....because if he is, The Giants will be one of those teams that rise, maybe rapidly.

And what of this fine crop of rookie QBs? At least at this point (based on what I read), a couple are already starting. How well will Mayfield and Darnold do? At first glance, it appears that they were the right selections.

And as far as I am concerned, the NFC is the power group, as were they last season. This trend may not be over after this year as well, with teams like San Fran putting the pieces together (although losing McKinnon this year does hurt!). In Elliot Harrison's power rankings, the top 4 ranked teams are: Eagles, Rams, Saints and Vikes. Overall, no matter what he or others say, I say The NFC is the powerhouse. Then again, in the end only 1 NFC team makes it to the SB, so in that sense it becomes pretty much a 50/50 proposition, when the chips are on the table....

Shaquem Griffin get's the start!!!! I am so thrilled to see he's earned it and the impact he's making. This young man truly is an inspiration.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Shaquem Griffin get's the start!!!! I am so thrilled to see he's earned it and the impact he's making. This young man truly is an inspiration.
    YESSSSS! Great Story! Hope this guy has a long career!

It will be interesting to see how James Conner does taking over the lead-back role in Pittsburgh. It doesn't look like Bell will be playing anytime soon.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

I love that kid!!! He plays with such passion. I wish him all the best...well maybe not this week but in the future.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how James Conner does taking over the lead-back role in Pittsburgh. It doesn't look like Bell will be playing anytime soon.
    Im thinking they trade Bell soon

I love that kid!!! He plays with such passion. I wish him all the best...well maybe not this week but in the future.
    This is Conner's shot to make a nice splash. Then again, once a certain dude rides in on his horse....well, we know who owns the job. But seriously, Conner could enhance his future payday by making a dent, at this point of his career.

As for Griffin.....we might not like what we see from him this week! And by that, I can't imagine how pumped he's going to be, to play his first NFL game! Again, hard not to pull for him. Maybe we can hope that he makes the tackles instead of some other Seahawk.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I’m thinking they trade Bell soon
    I think if Conner has a great game, they trade Bell. If he's lackluster and they lose or barely pull it out, then I don't think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I think if Conner has a great game, they trade Bell. If he's lackluster and they lose or barely pull it out, then I don't think they do.
    According to OvertheCap, San Francisco still has 40 Million right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    According to OvertheCap, San Francisco still has 40 Million right now?
    Really?!?! Isn't there a salary cap minimum too?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...de-khalil-mack

I take it that The Rams are "all in", given they tried to swing a deal for Mack. OMG...imagine that D, if they kept the name players after the trade. No...imagine that team!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...de-khalil-mack

I take it that The Rams are "all in", given they tried to swing a deal for Mack. OMG...imagine that D, if they kept the name players after the trade. No...imagine that team!!!!
    It would have been a straight monster!!

No doubt! I see them as one of the 3 best teams as is, and that trade would likely have made them #1.

Absolutely, would be scaaaaary. Almost as good as us.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Let's go birds!!!