Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It’s a WIN.

But if you want me to say something nice about the Browns. I will say this.

Good Luck against them this week, after all Denver plays them this Sunday.
    Funny, when Jim Brown goes to games he doesn't visit Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 09-21-2018 at 10:38 AM.

CB.....I highly doubt we are drinking "the juice" just yet. But anyone could feel something changed last night after a mere rookie took over the reins. Not to mention, they have finally built a decent D. So yes, they could easily be 3 and 0 as we speak, and that is not exactly something to frown about. Are they destined to make the playoffs this year.....not likely. But when Mayfield took over, they went from a fairly competitive team to a team that "believes" in itself. You could feel it. Landry was wide awake. I know that, because my opponent in FF has Landry, and he did almost nothing in the 1st half.

But the young man can throw a dart, and he is elusive, and he was chosen 1st for a reason......and as I have alluded, Ward looks like a seriously good CB!

My gut tells me they are now a 500 team, and that would be serious progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I don’t think they are impostors. I know they are as does everyone else. The Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. The team that began play in 1999, is not the same as the team that played from 1946-1995.
    That was my first introduction to you 10 years ago. I dared say that the Browns were the Ravens. Or the Ravens were the Browns. I'm glad we finally agree. Although, I don't consider the Browns imposters. That's my opinion and, no, I don't wish to debate it.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Yeah, I bet it mostly has to do with Modell. Modell is the reason Brown quit, and he's responsible for getting rid of Paul Brown. Aaaaand he's responsible for the team moving to Baltimore. I'm sure he wasn't very high on Brown's Christmas card list.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    That was my first introduction to you 10 years ago. I dared say that the Browns were the Ravens. Or the Ravens were the Browns. I'm glad we finally agree. Although, I don't consider the Browns imposters. That's my opinion and, no, I don't wish to debate it.
    I was in denial then. I hoped that the team would live up to its namesake. After more than a decade, so realized that it was futile. They arenít the Browns. They are an imitation. Every time I hear them, every time I see them, it reminds me of how the NFL and Modell screwed over Cleveland.

The NFL should have blocked the move and forced Modell out. They instead decided to make a deal with the devil. Now, they are owned by another Modell type. Whatís the point in it all?! There is none.

Thatís why I hate the NFL and the impostors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Browns finally got a win and good for them. Mayfield played really well. If not for some drops he would have had a near perfect night.
    He did fumble once on a sack but it was overturned because defensive penalty. That could have been big. Also almost threw 2 INTs.

But - I'm not trying to rain on his performance - I was pulling for him and was very impressed. I like Mayfield
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Yikes....another stupid roughing call on Clay Matthews. This league is getting ridiculous!

Jimmy G may have torn ligaments! Could be serious. Not a good start for San Fran, who already lost McKinnon.

Can you believe the Vikes only scoring 6 on Buffalo?

Rookie QB Josh Allen looked decent
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

My thoughts:

For possible contenders:
    Vikes got stomped at home.
    Jacksonville scores 6 and loses 9-6 at home
    KC wins but gives up 400+ yards for the third straight game (406 yards will actually significantly lower their average against per game)
    Packers lose badly on the road to an average team

For the non-contenders:
    San Fran likely loses their QB, and Shanahan now has to prove he can win a game without Garoppolo on the roster
    Oakland goes to 0-3
    The Texans lose at home to a bad Giants team and extend the NFL's current longest losing streak, despite being a trendy playoff pick preseason
    The Seahawks are stomping the Cowboys

Rams winning but having a bad day injury wise. Peters carted off to the locker room, and now Talib is going for x-rays on an injured ankle. It's probably better for him if he broke it than a high ankle sprain, because broken ankles heal faster.

I keep saying it, but the penalties are getting to me. Defenders might as well concede.

OK....we've had Darnaud, Mayfield and Allen at the helm. In comes Rosen in a tight game, late.

With the way the media goes on about JJ Watt constantly, you'd never think that today was his first sack in 2 full calendar years.