Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    If only they had a halfway decent kicker the Browns could be 3-0 right now, think about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    If only they had a halfway decent kicker the Browns could be 3-0 right now, think about that...
    Haha...a few teams could be crying about what their records would be with a better kicker. So yes, good kickers are a seriously important commodity.

You are all severely lacking context.

You are all sitting here making a mountain out of an ant hill. This “team” hasn’t won a game in nearly two years and they just had their first win. You are all singing the praises of someone because they just won A GAME. A single game. Not three games, not four games, not five, or six or ten. Just a SINGLE GAME.

You are all sitting here acting like just because someone won a game, A SINGLE GAME, they are the “Real Deal”.

It’s a horrid team, with a horrid coach, a horrid owner, and horrid players. They just ONE GAME. Against the JETS. If you are singing. The praises of someone because they beat the Jets, will you throw a parade if they beat the Bills?!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

You are all sitting here making a mountain out of an ant hill. This “team” hasn’t won a game in nearly two years and they just had their first win. You are all singing the praises of someone because they just won A GAME. A single game. Not three games, not four games, not five, or six or ten. Just a SINGLE GAME.

You are all sitting here acting like just because someone won a game, A SINGLE GAME, they are the “Real Deal”.

It’s a horrid team, with a horrid coach, a horrid owner, and horrid players. They just ONE GAME. Against the JETS. If you are singing. The praises of someone because they beat the Jets, will you throw a parade if they beat the Bills?!
    Wow Charlie!!

You’re not jumping on the Baker train?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

You're right. It would have been better they lose and keep the streak alive.

I honestly don't get this. They lost two close games against two other teams - not blowouts, close games. This is not the same team as last year or 2016.

Nobody is suggesting they are a championship caliber team. They are happy that Cleveland seems to be righting the ship and are becoming a competitive team.

If that's what had happened, I applaud them.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Wow Charlie!!

You’re not jumping on the Baker train?
    Manziel won football GAMES too. So did Derek Anderson, so did Tim Couch, so did Ryan Leaf and that one guy the Raiders used to have whose name I can’t remember, he was a huge bust. They all have won NFL games at one point or another. In fact, they have won more NFL games than Mayfield’s sole NFL game.

The bandwagonism is strong with this thread. He won a single game. OMG, move over Tom Brady and every other QB - THE FUTURE IS NOW, Mayfield WON a game!!

One single game. People need to move on and get over it. Every NFL QB has won games. Brady Quinn won a game before too. There are thousands of NFL QB’s that have won a game before. That doesn’t mean they are amazing and that they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

I honestly don't get this. They lost two close games against two other teams - not blowouts, close games. This is not the same team as last year or 2016.

Nobody is suggesting they are a championship caliber team. They are happy that Cleveland seems to be righting the ship and are becoming a competitive team.

Righting the ship? A few years ago they won seven games. They won five games before too. Even a 2-14 season is twice as many wins as this team has. A SINGLE GAME.

They can lose every single game this year and you will sit here and say “they righted the ship” because they are 1-14-1 instead of 0-16. That is not “righting” the ship.

They were a horrible team before, they are a horrible team now, they will be a horrible team next week and the week after.

Righting the ship? A few years ago they won seven games. They won five games before too. Even a 2-14 season is twice as many wins as this team has. A SINGLE GAME.

They can lose every single game this year and you will sit here and say “they righted the ship” because they are 1-14-1 instead of 0-16. That is not “righting” the ship.

They were a horrible team before, they are a horrible team now, they will be a horrible team next week and the week after.
    It's ok, CB.

I said "seem" and "if" as well as they are not championship caliber but again competitive but you replied as if I had definitely said something different.

If all you want is to pour cold water on their win, that's cool.

It's ok, CB.

I said "seem" and "if" as well as they are not championship caliber but again competitive but you replied as if I had definitely said something different.

If all you want is to pour cold water on their win, that's cool.
    It’s a WIN.

But if you want me to say something nice about the Browns. I will say this.

Good Luck against them this week, after all Denver plays them this Sunday.

The only thing I can think of after reading your rant is this scene from Major League:

Hey now don't take away from their tie. They have only lost 1 game so far this season. And it is starting to look like their draft picks might be showing up.

Now it will be interesting to see how Mayfield does against defenses that are game planning for him and not Tyrod.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

The only thing I can think of after reading your rant is this scene from Major League:

That is true. They won just one single game. They’ve won games before. Every NFL team has won a game before. Then winning one game is not the beginning of something new. Since this team came into existence in 1999, they have won many, many games. Some seasons they have even won four times as many games as they have so far this season. The best they’ve done is winning 10 times as many as they have so far this season.

If you want to sing their praises, you should wait until they actually make progress as opposed to winning a single game. Don’t celebrate if they win two games either, or three, or four, or even five.

Manziel won football GAMES too. So did Derek Anderson, so did Tim Couch, so did Ryan Leaf and that one guy the Raiders used to have whose name I can’t remember, he was a huge bust. They all have won NFL games at one point or another. In fact, they have won more NFL games than Mayfield’s sole NFL game.

The bandwagonism is strong with this thread. He won a single game. OMG, move over Tom Brady and every other QB - THE FUTURE IS NOW, Mayfield WON a game!!

One single game. People need to move on and get over it. Every NFL QB has won games. Brady Quinn won a game before too. There are thousands of NFL QB’s that have won a game before. That doesn’t mean they are amazing and that they are great.
    I am not a Browns fan and I’m not on the Mayfield hype train.

Cleveland can lose every game from now until Jesus returns for all I care.

I would have been just fine if the Cavaliers never won a championship.

I just thought that maybe Baker Mayfield might at least give you a spark hope for the new Browns, even though you think they’re impostors.
    Last edited by broncolee; 09-21-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Hey now don't take away from their tie. They have only lost 1 game so far this season. And it is starting to look like their draft picks might be showing up.

Now it will be interesting to see how Mayfield does against defenses that are game planning for him and not Tyrod.
    Ah yes, the Steelers game was a tie.

A great quote about that game that proves my point that it was a loss:

Steelers vs. Browns doesn’t deserve vaunted language. It wasn’t a battle in a labored metaphorical sense, it was a drunken 3 a.m. fight in the parking lot of a Denny’s where unless you were personally invested in the combatants there was no winner.
    Welcome to Denny's, bud.

Boom

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I am not a Browns fan and I’m not on Mayfield hype train.

Cleveland can lose every game from now until Jesus returns for all I care.

I would have been just fine if the Cavaliers never won a championship.

I just thought that maybe Baker Mayfield might at least give you a spark hope for the new Browns, even though you think they’re imposters.
    I don’t think they are impostors. I know they are as does everyone else. The Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. The team that began play in 1999, is not the same as the team that played from 1946-1995.