• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hph5
    Playmaker
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    As much as I respect Kubiak, I think he overreacted to the last turnover in the preseason game. He had turnovers in preseason however he had command of the offense and made some good plays. Even with naming Siemian the starter, Sanchez could have been a good mentor. He would have been there when Siemian was injured. We’ll never know but I think the roster was strong enough for Sanchez to get the Broncos back to the playoffs.
    The Redskins did everything they could to win that game...they just didn't have a good enough QB. I'd rather not have Sanchez back here.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
      Banned User
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
      The Redskins did everything they could to win that game...they just didn't have a good enough QB. I'd rather not have Sanchez back here.
      Sanchez was signed within the last two weeks and the Redskins line was decimated with injuries. It’s a different situation compared with having an off-season, full training camp and playing the preseason as Sanchez did in 2016. I’m not advocating for Sanchez to come back. It was a diffeeent time and situation.

Comment

• Spice 1
        Football Immortal
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by 309a View Post
        Well, Sanchez will be rolling with the skins for the rest of the year....McCoy broke his leg...out for year....and so are the skins...
        The thing about McCoy is he could do everything Smith could do. He's actually more aggressive with the ball than Smith, but you get the inconsistency. That's why they wanted Smith, because he gives you steady, average play all the time. McCoy gives you big plays, but he turns it over more often. Idk how good they'll be with Sanchez, because he can't run everything Smith and McCoy could, but if he takes care of the ball (which I highly doubt), he might give them a chance.

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        As most of you know, Washington is hubby's team. They were hurt last year, but this season? Two QBs with broken legs in 3 weeks? So many players injured.
        Gotta love Washington fans. They always think they have something, when everyone else knows they are a dumpster fire franchise. Then, when their entire roster gets hurt, they instantly have a reason to order more Kool Aid for the following season. lol.

Comment

• ELWAY421
          Football Immortal
          • Dec 2007

Things getting ugly in Green Bay lol. Assistant coaches tweeting about leadership, and then gets fired. Lol, he did mention #12 in the tweet. I wonder if that's what done him in? Rodgers is taking some heat in the media, and rightfully so. They got to get it right next year with a coach, and Rodgers is going to have to step his game up as well.

Comment

• Spice 1
            Football Immortal
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
            Things getting ugly in Green Bay lol. Assistant coaches tweeting about leadership, and then gets fired. Lol, he did mention #12 in the tweet. I wonder if that's what done him in? Rodgers is taking some heat in the media, and rightfully so. They got to get it right next year with a coach, and Rodgers is going to have to step his game up as well.
            Well, Philbin's the one who fired him, and if there's ever been a "get off my lawn" guy in the NFL, it's him.

Comment

• Peanut
              ModNut
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              The thing about McCoy is he could do everything Smith could do. He's actually more aggressive with the ball than Smith, but you get the inconsistency. That's why they wanted Smith, because he gives you steady, average play all the time. McCoy gives you big plays, but he turns it over more often. Idk how good they'll be with Sanchez, because he can't run everything Smith and McCoy could, but if he takes care of the ball (which I highly doubt), he might give them a chance.

Gotta love Washington fans. They always think they have something, when everyone else knows they are a dumpster fire franchise. Then, when their entire roster gets hurt, they instantly have a reason to order more Kool Aid for the following season. lol.
              Hubby knows when his team is bad. He doesn't like the owner. Fact is, they do have a lot of injuries. And he doesn't like Kool Aid.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

It's a shame what happened to Washington this year. They were 6 and 3, and looked like the divisional champ. One can only wonder how things would be different had Smith not suffered that horrendous injury. Hey, he may not be on anyone's top 10 list, but he's a decent player. Plus I feel for the guy, because he keeps om having to prove himself, and hopefully he'll return next year, better than ever. I don't know the extent of his broken bones (as in, a clean break vs some shattered pieces), but it took me just over 6 months to heal enough to take my first run...after completely breaking my fibula and tibia. And I had typical medical support that any canuck resident would (and no hospital time), nothing like a pro athlete....which means he will heal / recover quicker.

No doubt there was a period of "insecure" time after I healed, because one never wants to test that injury ever again. But I did eventually test it, and as I was told, that specific area around the bone(s) has more protection once the new bone surrounds it.

Again....too bad, because Washington should be at least tied for the division lead.
                Last edited by CanDB; 12-05-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Spice 1
                  Football Immortal
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  Hubby knows when his team is bad. He doesn't like the owner. Fact is, they do have a lot of injuries. And he doesn't like Kool Aid.
                  I think that's their primary issue.

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Poor Alex...now he's had to battle with a leg infection as a result of surgery. Not fair!

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that Washington Redskins QB Alex Smith is battling an infection related to the surgery he underwent to repair a broken fibula and tibia.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                      Captain
                      • Oct 2015

C'mon Jags. Really need you to beat the Titans tonight
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

What was that????!!! Great run by Henry...poor tackling by The Jags!!

99 yards!!!

What has become of this Jags team?

Comment

• flosstein
                          Ring of Famer
                          • Dec 2003

Watching that 99yrd run, makes me think of that one time the Jags tried to say they’re defense was better than our 2015 team......lol!!!!!!!!
                          #swapping

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                            Watching that 99yrd run, makes me think of that one time the Jags tried to say they’re defense was better than our 2015 team......lol!!!!!!!!
                            Henry made The Jags look like a bunch of boys trying to compete with big, strong men.

Ha ha...just stated that this was The Titans' first 100 yard rusher this season....not hard to do when one run goes for 99!!!
                            Last edited by CanDB; 12-06-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Hph5
                              Playmaker
                              • Dec 2017

239 rushing yards so far for Derrick Henry...wow.

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

So I continue to rant, that The Jags have least lived up to expectations of any team this season. Some folks had them pegged for another fight for the AFC. Many of us thought that, if Bortles played ok, their D and run game would be extremely competitive.

But here they are, 4 and 9. And after watching Henry and company last night, basically destroy their D, what is going on??? It was so bad that when Henry was urged by the crowd to try for another late TD, even against his will, and The Jags stopped him on one run...I heard a Jag or two yell as if they had just won The SB!!! BIZARRE!!! One can say that they might have been proud of themselves, to finally stop him on one run, but cmon, had he played the previous two downs, and in this case, not had every guy on the field homing in on him, things would have been different. Not to mention, on 4th down, after a fake to Henry, the pass play should have worked but not for a slightly messed up opportunity.

So here we are....the formidable D all proud because they stopped a back on an obvious run play, miles apart on the scoreboard.

The good news...The Jags are quite clearly in the race for the #1 QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X