Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Vikings fired DeFilippo

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I agree that he's done a solid job as a body of work, but I think he has to be better than he was last night.
    Cousins has to play better than he did last night, but I think overall he has performed like the Cousins from Washington. In week 2, he threw for 400+ yards, 4 TD against 1 INT, but the team still failed to beat the Packers andf finished with a tied game. When he threw for 400+ yards and 3 TDs against the Rams in week 4, the Vikings still lost because the defense gave 38 points.

The Vikings are ranked 30th in rushing yards per game and tied for last in rushing touchdowns. Only 6 rushing touchdowns at this point of the season is ridiculous [the Broncos have 17]. It looks like the Vikings are asking Cousins to carry the offense without any running game, while the Broncos have a strong running game but lacks the QB that can take advantage of it.

Cousins remains a productive QB and that's what the Vikings were buying, with Cousins having the leverage of a rare QB hitting the market with his level of production.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Exactly. 84 Million guaranteed is a lot to swallow for a .500 record.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Yup. I wouldn't be surprised is Zim's seat is starting to get a little bit hot also. Not saying I think it is, but it wouldn't be surprising.. That contract will most definitely get people fired.
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    The Vikings paid Kirk Cousins after his 2017 campaign with 27 TD, 13 INT, 93.9 rating. This season, Cousins has 24 TD, 9 INT, 98.4 rating. His completion percentage is above 70%. I don't think the Vikings have buyer's remorse at this point, unless we're talking about the OC they've hired. That offense needs to run the ball better and get Kyle Rudolph more involved.
    His stats are good, but he's not making plays when they need them to be made. He's not going out there and being the difference between a win and a loss. Instead he's accumulating stats while the team loses.

Stats wise he wasn't great, but last nights stats look passable. 20/33 208 yards 1 touchdown, no interceptions. But they don't tell the full story. They don't tell that he accumulated passing yards and missed badly when they were ready to score. They don't tell that the TD was right at the end of the game when the Seahawks had already locked up the W. They don't tell that he was 4/8 for 27 yards in the first half. They don't tell him getting strip sacked for a Seahawks TD.

The example I'll use is when the Vikings should have scored. First and goal from the 2 and they failed on 2 run plays and 2 pass plays. On the first pass play he gave Thielen no chance, the ball landed well out of bounds, at least let your star receiver have a chance to make a play. On 4th down it was 4 receivers, 2 outside running fades, 2 inside running ins. Cousins locked onto Rudolph and watched him the entire way, then tried to force the ball into double coverage where it was knocked down. Meanwhile on the in to the left side, Thielen was wide open because the safety slipped. Thielen v a safety is a matchup to exploit to begin with.

He may have great stats, but he's not being a difference maker, nor is he helping the team win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    His stats are good, but he's not making plays when they need them to be made. He's not going out there and being the difference between a win and a loss. Instead he's accumulating stats while the team loses.

Stats wise he wasn't great, but last nights stats look passable. 20/33 208 yards 1 touchdown, no interceptions. But they don't tell the full story. They don't tell that he accumulated passing yards and missed badly when they were ready to score. They don't tell that the TD was right at the end of the game when the Seahawks had already locked up the W. They don't tell that he was 4/8 for 27 yards in the first half. They don't tell him getting strip sacked for a Seahawks TD.

The example I'll use is when the Vikings should have scored. First and goal from the 2 and they failed on 2 run plays and 2 pass plays. On the first pass play he gave Thielen no chance, the ball landed well out of bounds, at least let your star receiver have a chance to make a play. On 4th down it was 4 receivers, 2 outside running fades, 2 inside running ins. Cousins locked onto Rudolph and watched him the entire way, then tried to force the ball into double coverage where it was knocked down. Meanwhile on the in to the left side, Thielen was wide open because the safety slipped. Thielen v a safety is a matchup to exploit to begin with.

He may have great stats, but he's not being a difference maker, nor is he helping the team win games.
    Great post. I didn't like him in Washington and people kept telling me about his stats. You broke it down nicely.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

The Vikes are a disappointment. They have weapons, they have a D, and they came off a very successful season. But they looked a bit in disarray last night. And Cousins, for all he is getting paid (and guaranteed at that), did not impress.

I will say this...now that Cook is supposedly healthy, I am not keen on what I am seeing. Maybe he is not 100%, because he certainly does not have explosiveness/quickness like do many other good RBs.

Not even sure where Rudolph is these days, and Diggs was not a real factor either.

But as I stated already, how the refs allowed Wagner to vault himself into the backfield to make that key block on the FG attempt is ridiculous. That was ugly.

Exactly!!!

Living in the area I get to see all their football team's games and the only thing Cousins was great at while being their QB was putting up hollow/skewed/misleading stats.

He couldn't carry their team on his shoulders
    He rarely, if ever won the games they needed him to win.
    He almost never beat teams with winning records as their QB.

He's an average QB and I was so happy we didn't over-pay to sign him that I wasn't even mad that we over-paid for a below average QB.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

They paid Cousins to be the missing piece, and instead they've taken a step back. That's not what a leader does. WSH with all of it's troubles has pretty much the same record, and that's pathetic
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Washington franchise tagged him twice instead of giving him a long term deal. They let him walk in favor of Alex Smith. Maybe they knew something in the same realm Minnesota knew something about Keenum.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game. Should be a good one. Hope Gordon is playing, because I want this to be a blow by blow, fun game to watch.

Not saying it will tell us a lot, unless one team overwhelmingly kicks butt. If however The Chargers win, it may alter playoff expectations and power rankings.

Odds will definitely support KC.

As an aside, I am watching Derwin James more of late, and there is no doubt he will be a star in this league for years to come. Oh yah....you might want to watch this other youngster, named Mahomes.

I want SD out of the playoffs, only because I HATE Rivers & because I don't think that they can beat anybody, except maybe HOU
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!