Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered View Post
    Jared Cook gained 180 yds against a pretty good Rams D. Our TE coverage will definitely be tested this week.
    The Rams played a softer D in the beginning to figure out the offensive game plan that Gruden was putting out. Once they had it figured out, Cook was a non-factor by the second half, and offensively the Raiders came to a halt. No one has seen what Gruden has schemed for in 10 years, so it's hard to know what he's going to do offensively. I suspect we'll do the same thing as the Rams, watch their offense first and make adjustments.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The Rams played a softer D in the beginning to figure out the offensive game plan that Gruden was putting out. Once they had it figured out, Cook was a non-factor by the second half, and offensively the Raiders came to a halt. No one has seen what Gruden has schemed for in 10 years, so it's hard to know what he's going to do offensively. I suspect we'll do the same thing as the Rams, watch their offense first and make adjustments.
    Wade has a history of fixing up the game plan mid-game

As for us I think it is simple...if the Raiders pass (hopefully we can score and force them) we will be dangerous.

If the Raiders run...it will be interesting as our DT/ILB group is not near as good as the Rams. I do like Pecko so it will be interesting.

Our D vs the Raiders O is something I am real excited to watch

A chance you can say, but I think it is a slim chance to be contenders for the division. Lots of ball to play today but this offense looks pathetic. Keenum is NOT the answer here. He is at best minor upgrade over Oswelier. I say put Kelly in already.

From the first half I'd say, we suck

Oakland is a better team in so many ways than Denver. We need a QB and better O line. We are still a few years away from being a contender. Oakland lost last week to what I think will be the cream of the crop in the NFC this year and maybe the league. I'm going out on a limb to make an early prediction that we finish last in the AFC West this year, sorry friends

Canít just blame the offense anymore. This defense is Swiss cheese.

Has a chance for another top 5 pick.

has a chance to go 3-0...
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

This team shows a lot of resilience. Loved the comeback win. Not a pretty win, but definitely encouraging. The last 2 years, this game would have been a loss. This year, the team rallies and pulls out a win. Excellent team effort today!

Quote Originally Posted by odomsfan View Post
    a chance you can say, but i think it is a slim chance to be contenders for the division. Lots of ball to play today but this offense looks pathetic. Keenum is not the answer here. He is at best minor upgrade over oswelier. I say put kelly in already.
    f a i l !!!!!!

Anytime the Broncos beat the Raiders it's a GREAT day! I love it that Denver is 2-0 but love it even more that Oakland is 0-2.

Believe...

I think we will have a chance to be a 7-9 / 9-7 football team that can compile wins against mediocre and average football teams. I do not look forward to seeing us trying to defend an elite offense though, Mahomes might throw 8 touchdowns against this secondary. Good news for us is our schedule is easy, and we could scrape into the playoffs being an average football team. Either way it's good to see the offense come through in the clutch for a 2nd straight week and get the win in the end.

I'm not that upset with the defense. The offense began with multiple three-and-outs, which put them in a hole. The corners were playing way off the WRs, which gave Carr a lot of quick, cheap completions and yards, but they came on strong in the second half and held the Raiders to 19 points when everything was said and done.

I'm a lot more concerned about the sputtering first-half starts by the offense with the dropped passes, bad reads and overthrows. We can't afford that against tougher opponents and the opposition is going to get a lot tougher as the season goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think we will have a chance to be a 7-9 / 9-7 football team that can compile wins against mediocre and average football teams. I do not look forward to seeing us trying to defend an elite offense though, Mahomes might throw 8 touchdowns against this secondary. Good news for us is our schedule is easy, and we could scrape into the playoffs being an average football team. Either way it's good to see the offense come through in the clutch for a 2nd straight week and get the win in the end.
    Mahomes is going to be terrifying

For a defense with such a good group of edge rushers, it's baffling how much off-man coverage is being used instead of press coverage, Instead of jamming the receivers and giving time for our edge rushers to hit the quarterback, the cornerbacks are often lining up 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage, giving up quick completions that kill the pass rush. It does not make any sense.

Vance Joseph is obsessed with that "gotcha" play that resulted in Justin Simmons' interception last week. The cornerback lines up deep and leaves a huge open space for the receiver, luring the quarterback, then a defender in the box runs to the zone of the hitch route and looks for the interception. They tried that again against the Raiders. It worked once against the Seahawks, but they are doing this sort of thing way too much and leaving the receivers with too much free space to run.

The corners are not playing enough press, Bradley Chubb is standing up and being asked to play coverage like an off-the-ball linebacker. Vance Joseph is making things more complicated than they should be. I don't think Joe Woods would be playing this kind of complex zone defense if he had total authority to run his own scheme, especially after working with Wade Phillips.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607