Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    You might be thinking of Peko when got that boneheaded one.
    I watched that play over and it looks like Peko was protecting Miller from a potential blind side block. I was ok with the penalty after I noticed that.

Much more important we win the upcoming game against the Faders than a win against Seattle or even a road win over Baltimore. If we can't beat the Raiders on our home turf we are not looking nearly as good - and the obverse - we beat the Raiders we help ourselves in the AFC West and we cripple the Gruden comeback. A win is a win, but a win against the Raiders is a porterhouse steak with 12 year old scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by chop_block View Post
    "a win is a win, but a win against the raiders is a porterhouse steak with 12 year old scotch."
    Best. Quote. Ever!

-GB2

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Thanks. I guess I ................ mis-remembered.
    DT was called for holding on Freemanís 12 yd run to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Much more important we win the upcoming game against the Faders than a win against Seattle or even a road win over Baltimore. If we can't beat the Raiders on our home turf we are not looking nearly as good - and the obverse - we beat the Raiders we help ourselves in the AFC West and we cripple the Gruden comeback. A win is a win, but a win against the Raiders is a porterhouse steak with 12 year old scotch.
    Is it common to drink Scotch with a steak dinner? Each has his own palate, I suppose.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Just wait. If we do win, you will be seeing the same responses that we saw after beating Seattle. The Raiders are no good, a shadow of their former selves, Mack is gone, their offensive/defensive lines suck, Carr is regressed, and we should have beaten them by many more points.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Hopefully it'll show again on Sunday. Raiders have a fairly weak front 7 and without Mack there was zero pressure on Goff and Gurley last week. Playing the Ravens away though is going to be very challenging - they have one of the best defense in the league.
    Somebody forgot to Cincy last night.

Hopefully it'll show again on Sunday. Raiders have a fairly weak front 7 and without Mack there was zero pressure on Goff and Gurley last week. Playing the Ravens away though is going to be very challenging - they have one of the best defense in the league.
    So good in fact they made Cincy look like a legit team!!!

Ha spoke too soon on the Ravens. Goes to show no one knows who's a player or a pretender week 1

Ha spoke too soon on the Ravens. Goes to show no one knows who's a player or a pretender week 1
    Ravens threw the ball 55 times and rushed 22. They turned the ball over three times. Ravens' D had no takeaways and no sacks. Their DC is "Wink" Martindale.
    Last edited by samparnell; 09-14-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Um...did you see what the bungles did to them?

I think the Ravens surprised a few people last night. All I have been hearing on local sports is how awesome they are. How great Flacco is going to be this year since his back is better.

They can be dangerous at home. I'm always concerned when the Broncos come here. In all the games that I have gone to, we have only won one. Not sure if it was because of how good Manning was or if it was because of how bad Flacco was. Crowd was booing their hero. Good memories.

One of my comments to hubby at the preseason game in Washington was that we had an O-line. In a surprised voice.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Doesnt the Broncos always lose early afternoon games in the east coast?

Ravens seemed like a paper tiger from the beginning to me.

Nothing about their off-season told me that they were due for a big turn-around.

Not sure what the preseason hype was about.

Well know more in a few weeks but the Thursday game feels closer to the truth than week 1 to me.

I think the O-Line grade will come down a bit this week, at least because of the first half debacle.

Of note, Veldheer is out with a concussion. Billy Turner came in during the third quarter a played 35 offensive snaps after Veldheer was taken out (32 snaps).

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...for-concussion

Turner looks like he did ok coming in off the bench.

This week will be interesting to watch, whether Veldheer will be cleared or if Turner will have to start. Either way, Turner will likely run with the 1st team until Veldheer goes through the concussion protocol. The earliest he could return would be Friday, if I am not mistaken.

https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/fo...tion-protocol/