Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Champ Bailey among HOF Nominees for 2019

No surprise at all and I think most people would see it as a shock if he didn't make it on his first ballot.

Also among new nominees in their first year of eligibility Ed Reed, Tony Gonzalez and London Fletcher.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...r-champ-bailey

Hopefully him and Pat both make it in. Going to be a shame if at least Pat doesn't.

2019 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
    Let's Go Broncos, Pirates, Penguins, Penn State & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

If he doesn't make it, DEN should boycott the HOF
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Voting started. We should all spam the nominated broncos lol

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'm not about to "boycott" anything over something as hard to assess as who gets in - especially if it is or is not a first ballot thing. That's a slimeball, Terrel Owens kind of thing.
    Champ will get in the hall, and probably, this time, but even if he doesn't it'll be because the others on the list are really good.

Champ is one of the best CB's to play the game. I don't see why he doesn't get in as a first ballot hall of Famer.

Agreed, if a 12 time Pro Bowler isn't a First Ballot HOFer i don't know what is. The ESPN article is actually a little in accurate. Champ was a 5 time All-Pro 3 Times 1st team and twice 2nd Team

I wouldn't be surprised if he got the shaft on the first go round. You guys have to remember that country, in general, doesn't know anything about the Denver Broncos. It was once asked in a poll which corner they'd rather have in their prime, Champ or Sherman. They voted Sherman... That was a SB48 pregame show, so I'm assuming that people from all over were watching and voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he got the shaft on the first go round. You guys have to remember that country, in general, doesn't know anything about the Denver Broncos. It was once asked in a poll which corner they'd rather have in their prime, Champ or Sherman. They voted Sherman... That was a SB48 pregame show, so I'm assuming that people from all over were watching and voting.
    Pft.

Even if they try to give Champ the shaft he'll intercept it and vote himself in the HOF.

I'm not going to give as rude of a response as the first one you got to this. However it does kind of make me scratch my head. I don't really understand the point of boycotting something because you're upset about how few of your members get in. If they won't let you in and your response is to boycott then to me that's like saying well I didn't want in anyway when the bouncer doesn't let you in the bar. It's just sour grapes. And doesn't solve the issue of not enough Broncos in the hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    In fairness at the time people thought Sherman was going to be the greatest corner to ever play the game. Clearly they were wrong but at the time of the question it makes a little sense.

That said Champ still has to be a lock for first ballot hof. This isn't fan voting here.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    In fairness at the time people thought Sherman was going to be the greatest corner to ever play the game. Clearly they were wrong but at the time of the question it makes a little sense.

That said Champ still has to be a lock for first ballot hof. This isn't fan voting here.
    People are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Pft.

Even if they try to give Champ the shaft he'll intercept it and vote himself in the HOF.
    Well played!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

First ballot for sure. No question. If not, a total travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Pft.

Pro! Just Pro!

I have to spread it around
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif