Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Why? What role does he fill on the team that they don't currently have? He's a guy who permanently in stage 3 of the Substance Abuse Program. Meaning any slip up or even missed test and he's suspended at least for 1 year. Then you've got the fact that he skipped all of training camp, and was just injured while doing a promotional shoot for something unrelated to the team.

And then there's the other truth, it's been 5 years since his 1 breakout season. Since 2013 he's played 11 games and caught 43 passes for 655 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Anyone signing him will be signing 5 year old potential, not what he is today.
    In some respects I agree. But in your final assessment I disagree. Yes he is in stage 3. That said we forget than Von was headed in that direction as well. It took player mentorship to move him past certain deamons.

In tonights game we could have used a fast guy with size. In some respects it it what DT once was. So for me I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    In some respects I agree. But in your final assessment I disagree. Yes he is in stage 3. That said we forget than Von was headed in that direction as well. It took player mentorship to move him past certain deamons.

In tonights game we could have used a fast guy with size. In some respects it it what DT once was. So for me I say go for it.
    They've already drafted that prototype in Sutton. And his not in stage 3. There's a big difference between where Miller was and where Gordon is. Miller was able to get himself out of drug protocol, Gordon can never do that because of his suspensions. He's permanently one misstep away from being out for another year minimum. He's played 11 games in 4 seasons and 2 weeks. That's it, 11 games out of a possible 66 almost fully because of suspensions.

And again in those 11 games, has he shown that he's a big target with speed? Buying player based on 5 years ago seems like a good way to have buyers remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    They've already drafted that prototype in Sutton. And his not in stage 3. There's a big difference between where Miller was and where Gordon is. Miller was able to get himself out of drug protocol, Gordon can never do that because of his suspensions. He's permanently one misstep away from being out for another year minimum. He's played 11 games in 4 seasons and 2 weeks. That's it, 11 games out of a possible 66 almost fully because of suspensions.

And again in those 11 games, has he shown that he's a big target with speed? Buying player based on 5 years ago seems like a good way to have buyers remorse.
    1. I am not claiming that we should pay him big money.
    2. Josh Gordon (6ft3 225 lbs) is not the same "size" as DaeSean Hamilton (6ft1 206).
    a. JG: clocked a 4.3-4.4 40-yard dash time
    b. DH: clocked a 4.52 but was clocked as low as 4.47.

Sure I will agree Josh hasn't played a ton of football recently but IMO if he comes in at a VERY low salary with some of the veteran players we have - one of which who has turned the corner from a similar issue could be a win-win. I also think that based on what we are seeing of DT JG has to be faster than he is....What is crazy to me is that as of today so many were thinking and wanting ES to go. If I had to chose I'd cut DT and keep ES....I like DT don't get me wrong but we need production at the WR spot and 3+ drops in 2 games is just not good.

Josh Gordon can be discussed here https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...se-Josh-Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    1. I am not claiming that we should pay him big money.
    2. Josh Gordon (6ft3 225 lbs) is not the same "size" as DaeSean Hamilton (6ft1 206).
    a. JG: clocked a 4.3-4.4 40-yard dash time
    b. DH: clocked a 4.52 but was clocked as low as 4.47.

Sure I will agree Josh hasn't played a ton of football recently but IMO if he comes in at a VERY low salary with some of the veteran players we have - one of which who has turned the corner from a similar issue could be a win-win. I also think that based on what we are seeing of DT JG has to be faster than he is....What is crazy to me is that as of today so many were thinking and wanting ES to go. If I had to chose I'd cut DT and keep ES....I like DT don't get me wrong but we need production at the WR spot and 3+ drops in 2 games is just not good.
    Sutton, not Hamilton.