Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1194
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Yeah I'm sure teams will be eager to line up to give value for players struggling. Especially a team that's clearly in a rebuilding phase and not looking for one year veterans at the cost of draft picks....
    Well the Jets currently have something they havent had in a long time, and that's hope. Getting a guy like ray let's them negotiate now, and have the franchise tag if he explodes. Maybe a change of scenery is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Well the Jets currently have something they havent had in a long time, and that's hope. Getting a guy like ray let's them negotiate now, and have the franchise tag if he explodes. Maybe a change of scenery is needed.
    I don't disagree with you, but I can't see them giving up a 3rd or 4th for it.

I don't disagree with you, but I can't see them giving up a 3rd or 4th for it.
    Right im not saying give him away for nothing, but if you can get a good deal pull the trigger.

Right now Ray's identity is a 2nd to 3rd tier pass rusher with concerning injury issues. Short of that, he's a liability in run defense. It's not looking good for Ray, though I'm sure he'll get picked up by another team after this season. Earlier in the off-season there was reported many attempts to pitch Ray to any teams interested, but there must have been very little interest or none at all. That tells me he's going to get fewer snaps and have even less of a chance to 'break out' and sell his trade value.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Right im not saying give him away for nothing, but if you can get a good deal pull the trigger.
    I'm just not sure they can get that good deal. I think the value of both players together is in the 7th round range, maybe 6th if the re-sign Ray. But neither are attractive options at this point.

5 catches, 11 targets, for 18 yards for DT this game. So he has 11 catches, 21 targets for 81 yards. Wow. Does this guy NEVER get open? A 52% catch rate IS TERRIBLE.

The raiders played a pretty good game honestly. Their Oline is good so we couldn't get any pressure, but it doesn't help they had multiple open guys every play for quick throws. Then their dline kept our rushing game pretty slow for the most part. I didn't expect this hard of a game. It feels like we have 10x more talent than the Raiders, but we just keep getting out coached.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Right now Ray's identity is a 2nd to 3rd tier pass rusher with concerning injury issues. Short of that, he's a liability in run defense. It's not looking good for Ray, though I'm sure he'll get picked up by another team after this season. Earlier in the off-season there was reported many attempts to pitch Ray to any teams interested, but there must have been very little interest or none at all. That tells me he's going to get fewer snaps and have even less of a chance to 'break out' and sell his trade value.
    Well prior to the draft we didnt have Chubb. Then in TC he got hurt early, so we didnt really have a big window to move him

I'm just not sure they can get that good deal. I think the value of both players together is in the 7th round range, maybe 6th if the re-sign Ray. But neither are attractive options at this point.
    I've seen stranger things, we got a 4th for Bibbs and a 5th for sambrailo.

The coaching won them the game today. The adjustments made by both (mainly by the offense) and by some key decisions made by Jospeh. I get people dislike him, but he and his coaching staff won this game today.
    Will agree with that. Coaching won them the game. It is also what lost them the first 2 1/2 quarters too. The game starts well before you take the field. What we saw was horrific from a coaching standpoint, until the latter part. The commentators kept interjecting, well, comments, that seemed obvious to zillions of people watching. The pace, the rhythm of the game management which comes down to coaching was... did I mention horrific. It wasn't until they went into hair on fire mode that some things started happening. Which was being commented on very early.

Something else that seemed apparent is... leadership. Who are the leaders? There appears to be a gaping hole on leadership. It shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotst View Post
    5 catches, 11 targets, for 18 yards for DT this game. So he has 11 catches, 21 targets for 81 yards. Wow. Does this guy NEVER get open? A 52% catch rate IS TERRIBLE.

The raiders played a pretty good game honestly. Their Oline is good so we couldn't get any pressure, but it doesn't help they had multiple open guys every play for quick throws. Then their dline kept our rushing game pretty slow for the most part. I didn't expect this hard of a game. It feels like we have 10x more talent than the Raiders, but we just keep getting out coached.
    Outcoached.... yep.

Getting rid of DT this year doesn't make any sense.
    Believe you are right. Should have happened when he still had value. His performance in the Super Bowl(s) should have been illuminating. Am surprised he has lasted this long. The bloke just does not have the focus during gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by drhiii View Post
    Will agree with that. Coaching won them the game. It is also what lost them the first 2 1/2 quarters too. The game starts well before you take the field. What we saw was horrific from a coaching standpoint, until the latter part. The commentators kept interjecting, well, comments, that seemed obvious to zillions of people watching. The pace, the rhythm of the game management which comes down to coaching was... did I mention horrific. It wasn't until they went into hair on fire mode that some things started happening. Which was being commented on very early.

Something else that seemed apparent is... leadership. Who are the leaders? There appears to be a gaping hole on leadership. It shows.
    Bruce Arians was completely wrong when he talked about pace at that point, and wondered why the team wasn't going no huddle? At that point the Broncos O had been 3 and out at least three times and the defense had been on the field for long stretches, the worst thing you can do in that scenario is go no huddle and then go three and out and get the D on the field quicker. The O needed to make some plays to establish themselves first.

As for them being out coached early, Oakland absolutely had the better game plan. Those coaches get paid to win games too. But in the end the Broncos made the right adjustments and the Raiders couldn't match that.

Quote Originally Posted by drhiii View Post
    Believe you are right. Should have happened when he still had value. His performance in the Super Bowl(s) should have been illuminating. Am surprised he has lasted this long. The bloke just does not have the focus during gametime.
    There are sooo many hot takes in this post, let's just say I disagree.

Bruce Arians was completely wrong when he talked about pace at that point, and wondered why the team wasn't going no huddle? At that point the Broncos O had been 3 and out at least three times and the defense had been on the field for long stretches, the worst thing you can do in that scenario is go no huddle and then go three and out and get the D on the field quicker. The O needed to make some plays to establish themselves first.

As for them being out coached early, Oakland absolutely had the better game plan. Those coaches get paid to win games too. But in the end the Broncos made the right adjustments and the Raiders couldn't match that.
    Totally agree with you on the no huddle comment. Arians was off base on that one. But believe he was reaching for something that would insert some energy. I did agree the Broncos were taking too long between plays. They looked unprepared, mentally. Which meant they had great difficulties adjusting quickly. One way to inject fire is no huddle... but agree.. not then. Still, something had to light a fire under them because they just looked like they were waiting to get hit in the mouth a few times to motivate. Emphasize that because it drives me personally nuts. Their cohesiveness throughout most of the first 3 quarters was worse than dismal.

Leadership?

Better to be bad in a win than great in defeat. The Raiders played very well, and Carr was locked in, and they lost.
    This needed to be quoted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elway View Post
    VJ gonna VJ. Didn't agree with all the ref calls, so I'm glad we still got the W.

But maybe it's time to put DT a little lower on the Depth chart. Time to put him on notice, you need to perform.

Next week we face Flacco, again not a world beater, but we need to build up as many wins as we can.
    Our D needs to be in his face. Make him make mistakes. Put the fear of Von in him.

And being the optimist that I am.....Keenum will throw rockets to DT for at least 3 TDs.

And we shut out the Ravens in their house.

Hey, I can hope, right?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "