Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    The secondary wasnt that bad today honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Peko was fantastic today, people hate on Elway a lot, but he is a free agency stud. Media will focus on Stephenson and Watson, but ignore fantastic moves like Peko and Veldheer.
    How about Phillip Lindsay? Let's give Elway a standing ovation for finding him and signing him. Alongside VJ and Musgrave to not let Booker become the starting RB and give the spotlight to an UDFA.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 09-16-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    How about Phillip Lindsay? Let's give Elway a standing ovation for finding him and drafting him. Alongside VJ and Musgrave to not let Booker become the starting RB and give the spotlight to an UDFA.
    Yup, Elway has been miserable on the 2nd day of the draft. His 1st rounders are mostly ok, but he is probably the best GM on day 3 and UDFA.

Sutton and Patrick had their drops too. If not for Patrick's last catch, which was a crazy move to not get out bound, the two havent exactly set the world on fire. Sutton's two big "catches" actually weren't. Last week, Patrick mistimed a his jump on a wide open pass from Keenum. Was DT bad today? Yes. However, throwing Sutton and Patrick to the wolves only makes us worse.
    I don't think we are going to cut or even move DT down the depth chart until after this season. But it's pretty inevitable he isn't going to be here for very long unless his drops start to change. Keenum's game relies on players to win the 50/50 throws, and so far DT hasn't shown he's the guy to give that much effort. Sutton has a chance to make much more of an impact than he does. By next year I don't think it'll even be debatable.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

DT was one of my favorites also. Not only does he drop easy passes, he doesn't fight for the one on ones. He isn't aggressive.

I hope we get something for him because he downgrades this team when he is on the field. Rhythm is important to a QB. Dt never gave Case Kneenum a chance from the very start today.

Notice when Sanders was targeted we started coming back in the second half of the Raiders game.

I don't think we are going to cut or even move DT down the depth chart until after this season. But it's pretty inevitable he isn't going to be here for very long unless his drops start to change. Keenum's game relies on players to win the 50/50 throws, and so far DT hasn't shown he's the guy to give that much effort. Sutton has a chance to make much more of an impact than he does. By next year I don't think it'll even be debatable.
    Let Sutton get his seasoning. DT is a slow starter, and has much more value on the team than off. Barring some crazy trade offer.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    This.....

Von makes a strip sack, we recover, then a flag comes out.... The was a momentum changer early on...

The TD, after seeing all the angles, was a TD. I have no doubt. Not as much a momentum changer as we punched it in anyways, but if we didn’t. We lose.

It’s too bad the flags are out so much and altering the game so drastically.
    If youíre referencing Suttonís catch not ruled a TD, we got a FG there.

Iíve supported DT and have tried to balance the positives with his weaknesses. His drop today was inexcusable. I liked what the coaches did with moving Freeman and Lindsay up the depth chart. Same thing should apply with every position including receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Iíve supported DT and have tried to balance the positives with his weaknesses. His drop today was inexcusable. I liked what the coaches did with moving Freeman and Lindsay up the depth chart. Same thing should apply with every position including receivers.
    Sure problems is, no other WR sans Sanders has produced.

I see a lot of potential in Keenum, hasnít played great but if he cleans it up we will move the ball consistently.

Love the Lindsay, Freeman Combo, but need to give Freeman more carries early to get into rhythm.

Jewell needs a crack at mlb. Donít know if he will be any better but so far the play has been underwhelming from that position.

OL is much better!

Sad to see the No Fly Zone gone. We arenít a terrible pass defense by anymeans but no longer Top 3 pass D.

Absolutely false. Sutton and patrick have been monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Absolutely false. Sutton and patrick have been monsters
    Courtland has 3 catches for 54yds and multiple drops. Patrick has 1 catch for 26yds and a big drop last week as well. Not exactly monsters.

Trade him ASAP! Sutton is just as good!

There has been some production by other receivers. We know the refs made a bad call on Suttonís catch not ruled a TD. Other receivers have to be targeted to produce. DT was targeted 11 times and had 18 yards. Give some opportunities to other receivers and see what they can do.

I see. The touchdown being taken back should really be reviewed again by the NFL, because calls like that really change the landscape and outcome of games. There were several other calls like the 40 yard completion to Sanders, as well as the Davis holding that resulted in the strip sack from Von to go back. Lot of bad ref calls.

But I'll have to look at the Sutton incomplete later to see how he caught it.
    To be honest, the review by the NFL on the touchdown was 100% the right call. Because they ruled it incomplete on the field. If they ruled it complete it probably would have stood.

The biggest problem for that play, was that there was no real clear view that showed when his foot was off the ground, and looking at some angles looked like he was stepping on the white, whereas the main angle showed that his foot was in the air at the time.