Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    How about that Mustache of his?
    I thought he looked better without it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    How about Phillip Lindsay? Let's give Elway a standing ovation for finding him and signing him. Alongside VJ and Musgrave to not let Booker become the starting RB and give the spotlight to an UDFA.
    He went over 100 yds today. 7.64 ypc. Great weapon to platoon it with Freeman who found room later in the game.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Talib was right, we did ship all the dogs out and it shows in the Defense, but all good things must end

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There has been some production by other receivers. We know the refs made a bad call on Suttonís catch not ruled a TD. Other receivers have to be targeted to produce. DT was targeted 11 times and had 18 yards. Give some opportunities to other receivers and see what they can do.
    It was the correct call IMO. The other guys will get targets if they get open. DT had a bad game, but saying force targets to guys who are not ready is a bad formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    To be honest, the review by the NFL on the touchdown was 100% the right call. Because they ruled it incomplete on the field. If they ruled it complete it probably would have stood.

The biggest problem for that play, was that there was no real clear view that showed when his foot was off the ground, and looking at some angles looked like he was stepping on the white, whereas the main angle showed that his foot was in the air at the time.
    That's where the problem seems to be, is that the original ruling will stand until there is complete incontrovertible proof that it didn't happen. I didn't get a chance to see the multiple angles, but on replay, it's a TD clear as day with a great catch by Sutton. It's a shame that bad officiating took it away - and I'd say that about calls that go against our team as well.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Talib was right, we did ship all the dogs out and it shows in the Defense, but all good things must end
    What does that even mean? Talib is still angry that the Broncos let Ward go, and that was proven to be 100% the correct call. He was bad last year in Tampa and he's currently not able to find work.

As for Talib, his attitude is the reason he's gone. He's a captain who did a lot of things a leader shouldn't do.

Those are the only two defenders Talib cared about or was talking about when he made that ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    It was the correct call IMO. The other guys will get targets if they get open. DT had a bad game, but saying force targets to guys who are not ready is a bad formula.
    DT was the player not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    How about Phillip Lindsay? Let's give Elway a standing ovation for finding him and signing him. Alongside VJ and Musgrave to not let Booker become the starting RB and give the spotlight to an UDFA.
    But, but, Elway feeding ego, making the coaching staff start some of his players over others....

It's almost like that's false and the coaching staff is rewarding players that have earned it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    DT was the player not ready.
    Neither were the other two. DT caught the go ahead TD last week, with a big time catch. How quick we are to forget.

But, but, Elway feeding ego, making the coaching staff start some of his players over others....

It's almost like that's false and the coaching staff is rewarding players that have earned it?
    I think at times the fanbase can get carried away. Last two seasons it was rough being a Broncos fan. Hell, it still might be as more games go on. But to me I see clear changes in drafting and coaching style. This rookie draft class has already begun to turn this team around, both drafted and UDFA players. Before we wouldn't win games like this where the right challenges and calls were made. VJ made two today that won the game - the short down challenge that saved 30 seconds of time and the 4th and goal touchdown. I wasn't a fan of him in the offseason, but I can give respect to a coach who is learning and adjusting to the game, and starting to contribute to the team.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

What does that even mean? Talib is still angry that the Broncos let Ward go, and that was proven to be 100% the correct call. He was bad last year in Tampa and he's currently not able to find work.

As for Talib, his attitude is the reason he's gone. He's a captain who did a lot of things a leader shouldn't do.

Those are the only two defenders Talib cared about or was talking about when he made that ridiculous statement.
    Ward was very good in his role here. I donít think Talib was the only player upset he was let go. Sometimes the disruption of the team chemistry does more damage.

I truly believe that was the case here. Even if Wardís played dipped, I believe our D would have been better last year with him. The fire was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Neither were the other two. DT caught the go ahead TD last week, with a big time catch. How quick we are to forget.
    Weíre not talking about last week. Weíre talking about his play today. He played poorly and for what he earns he should play with greater consistency. It was another typical drop when he was wide open.

Yes ridiculous statement as we've seen our defense turn pillow soft. No you're right, his "attitude" is the reason he's gone and thats just it, we have no defenders with attitude anymore, its all soft, nothing there, no bite. Our secondary is going to get eaten up all year long

Quote Originally Posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
    Ward was very good in his role here. I don’t think Talib was the only player upset he was let go. Sometimes the disruption of the team chemistry does more damage.

I truly believe that was the case here. Even if Ward’s played dipped, I believe our D would have been better last year with him. The fire was missing.
    100% disagree with that. Ward was donezo, and Simmons was our best safety last year.

Quote Originally Posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
    Ward was very good in his role here. I don’t think Talib was the only player upset he was let go. Sometimes the disruption of the team chemistry does more damage.

I truly believe that was the case here. Even if Ward’s played dipped, I believe our D would have been better last year with him. The fire was missing.
    Agreed, its an absurd statement to say letting go of ward was the correct call, he brought a much needed attitude and fight to the defense