Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Denver's best overall performance this year was in preseason game three against the 'Skins in DC. But that was an evening game.

Early east coast games have been a problem for the Broncos for many years.

I am obviously hoping for a win, but a loss would not be shocking. I certainly see us beating the Chiefs on a last second FG 20-17 after a strip sack for Patrick's first bad outing. Finish the first quarter 3-1 doesn't seem too bad, and we would be in first. I'll take that all day!

And once again, the atmosphere here is so much happier than the steelers forum I came from. All everyone does there is yell at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHelmet View Post
    I am obviously hoping for a win, but a loss would not be shocking. I certainly see us beating the Chiefs on a last second FG 20-17 after a strip sack for Patrick's first bad outing. Finish the first quarter 3-1 doesn't seem too bad, and we would be in first. I'll take that all day!

And once again, the atmosphere here is so much happier than the steelers forum I came from. All everyone does there is yell at each other.
    Wait until we lose a game...

I see the Ravens as a game we can win but with a big caveat. Defense. We can't go out like we did against the Raiders and wait to make adjustments late - actually not at all, the offense change at the half. Joseph said in his post game that our CBs played soft - somewhat vaguely.

My thinking is the game plan was to mitigate big plays to the TEs while allowing the CBs a chance to react to the running game. Whatever it was, it seemed like it was a one size fits all approach when it didn't have to be. Maybe have some in press coverage with others off. The point being recognizing it after the game is a little late and very well could have lost the game.

The Ravens have are a more complete team than we've played thus far and if we are too one-dimensional it will cost us. I believe we have the talent to compete but from the players executing their plays (timing, assignments, etc.) but the coaches have to come up with a game plan to put them in the right place to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
    I guess we'll have to see whose feeling is right come Sunday. I look forward to our follow-up interactions. Flacco is going to catch a lot of flak from our guys.
    Flacco is hot and cold, sometimes at the same time. He likes the long ball which should allow our rush some quality time with him in the backfield. I've like so far what I've seen from our DL and OLBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Remember, flacco is no joke, and has shown flashes of being an elite QB in the league
    Other than the playoff run when they won the SB, his flashes have been few and far in between. He's an average quarterback that has an occasional hot streak.

Denver is a 5pt dog
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHelmet View Post

I'm on the other side of Baltimore, so we got them surrounded.

Going to the Tin Roof (see post #28) on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
    Other than the playoff run when they won the SB, his flashes have been few and far in between. He's an average quarterback that has an occasional hot streak.
    I agree with you. Put pressure on him and he makes a lot of mistakes.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I'm on the other side of Baltimore, so we got them surrounded.

Going to the Tin Roof (see post #28) on Saturday?

I agree with you. Put pressure on him and he makes a lot of mistakes.

I so wish I could. I get off at 6... But I am off on Sunday so I get to see the Broncos whole game! And hopefully the Broncos can actually play for a whole game and not wait till the last 5 minutes like they have been doing! A nice 35-7 score would be amazing!

Remember, flacco is no joke, and has shown flashes of being an elite QB in the league
    You should mail this post to 5 years ago when it was actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    You should mail this post to 5 years ago when it was actually true.
    Perhaps, but just cue up last thursday when flacco began to mount a comeback with incredible passes against what seems to be an elite bengals squad

Yes the ratbirds! I wonder if Harbaugh will have them prepared this week or if they'll come out flat like pancakes as they did last week when they made Andy Dalton look like Joe Montana!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered View Post
    Denver's best overall performance this year was in preseason game three against the 'Skins in DC. But that was an evening game.

Early east coast games have been a problem for the Broncos for many years.
    Jet lag & sea level. How do the Broncos overcome that? 9:00 team curfew Friday & Saturday nights, & lose a few pounds because the ambient air pressure @ sea level is 14.7psi - no clams, lobster, crab, chowder, shrimps. Go light on the beef and eat some beets - or something that provides lasting energy & doesn't bloat you

For all the people saying "historically we don't do well in baltimore" or "we don't do well in early east coast games".

Different year, different team. What happened in the past doesn't matter. We are who we are in 2018, not who we were in previous years.

In 2018, Baltimore doesn't match up against us well and we've got as good of a chance of beating them as anyone else. Baltimore hasn't played great this year, they just looked good in game one due to an incredibly weak opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    You should mail this post to the playoffs 5 years ago when it was actually true.
    Now we're good.

Perhaps, but just cue up last thursday when flacco began to mount a comeback with incredible passes against what seems to be an elite bengals squad
    It's amazing how our perceptions shape our narrative? You say the Bengals "seem" to be an elite team, and you use the argument that Flacco "began to mount a comeback" against them to bolster your claim that we are in trouble against the Ravens. The Bengals have beat the Ravens and the Colts. That makes them seem elite to you?