Lindsay Sets NFL Rookie Record

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-rookie-record

Terrell Davis let the right man rock his No. 30.

Denver Broncos rookie Phillip Lindsay channeled the Hall of Fame running back through the first two weeks, becoming the first undrafted free agent in NFL history with 100-plus scrimmage yards in each of his first two games.
    The former Colorado running back gobbled up 107 yards on 14 carries in Sunday's come-from-behind victory over the Oakland Raiders. The 5-foot-8, 190-pound back displays Terrell Davis-like vision through the second-level, sheds tackles with ease, has power to run through defenders, offers lightning quick speed to run past them and quickness in tight quarters.

"He is a good football player, not only as a running back, but as a guy who covers kicks for us and as a guy who catches the football for us," Broncos coach Vance Joseph said after Sunday's win, via the Denver Post. "He's the total package football player. He's been really impressive."

It's an indictment of the draft that 32 teams passed on the 24-year-old scat back time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time. Credit the undrafted free agent for not letting his status dissuade his determination. Lindsay runs like a man trying to prove he belongs every touch.

Lindsay has already passed third-round running back Royce Freeman, out-touching his fellow-first-year player 32-to-23 through two weeks. Between the two rookies, however, the Broncos backfield is stockpiled with young talent.
    John Elway might have had his troubles finding a long-term solution at quarterback, but the GM hit a home run with young, cheap talent in the backfield in 2018.

~~~~~

The kid looks really good out there, and adds a nice alternative dimension to our backfield. If Freeman lives up to potential, this backfield will be a force for many years!

I told my buddy on fantasy draft night that Lindsay could be this years Alvin Kamara after I drafted him in the 14th round. He laughed at it. We have a long ways to go but so far I look more right than him.

Only problem is I was stupid and started Crowell this week.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I told my buddy on fantasy draft night that Lindsay could be this years Alvin Kamara after I drafted him in the 14th round. He laughed at it. We have a long ways to go but so far I look more right than him.

Only problem is I was stupid and started Crowell this week.
    I would have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I would have as well.
    I had Lindsay in my lineup all week because i liked the matchup better. My brother was convinced the Dolphins week 1 rush d performance against the Titans was a fluke due to the rain delays.

I woke up yesterday and let myself be a victim to the yahoo projections for Crowell. Which had swelled since Tuesday. Didn’t take me long during the Jets game to realize I should’ve stuck to my instincts. And then Lindsay made me regret my choice even more. Glad he did though because we wouldn’t have won without him.

As long as Jano keeps destroying defenders, they'll keep popping big runs

BUT, Lindsey is great, Freeman is quitely awesome. We have a decent backfield

Hooray, beer!

Highlights from Phillip Lindsay's first two weeks - NFL Videos - NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...irst-two-weeks

This is really what makes the Broncos exciting to watch again! We needed a weapon like this so badly.
    Last edited by L.M.; 09-19-2018 at 10:34 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

As long as Jano keeps destroying defenders, they'll keep popping big runs

BUT, Lindsey is great, Freeman is quitely awesome. We have a decent backfield
    See I am not as high on Freeman as I am on Lindsay. I need to see Freeman get "skinny" and start makings some plays up the middle or better runs between the OT & OG with some modest traffic there. I'd also like to see some better balance and power on his first contacts on many of his runs. As an example Juwan Thompson & CJ Anderson when you watched their college highlights both ran with this real level and balance when they were hit. It made them both difficult to bring down. It also translated to the NFL where they both were able to shed that initial contact.

The best example I could find was the run vs. the Raiders where he spun out of the contact and just kept going.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...e-11-yard-gain

I will be interesting in seeing how our running game pans out as the season keeps unfolding.

Got a feeling we will face more stiffer running defense challenges than what the Raiders offered week 2 and the Seahawks offered week 1.

We definitely have some pieces to work with and have some serious reason to think good things are coming. The run play we have seen so far from our offense is the best I have seen in a while.