Thread: Broncos RBC

Broncos RBC

Running Back by Committee

The Broncos rushing game looks very strong this year. Through two weeks the line has done a great job blocking, allowing the backs to gain good yards even before contact.

Lindsay again had a monster game with over 100 yards on the ground (7.6 ypc ) and is up again for Rookie of the Week as well as FedEx's Ground Player of the Week - all after setting a record for a rookie (UDFA at that) for back to back 100+ yards from scrimmage (rushing and receiving combined). Take away Lindsay's big gain and he still averaged 4.1 ypc. That is a good number. Lindsay also had a big block on the final pass to Patrick that set up the winning field goal.

Freeman has also been a big contributor. Though his numbers have not been as eye-popping, he's shown exceptional vision and an ability to fight for tough yard.

I would love to see Booker make a leap this season and put up good numbers but he has been very good in pass protection. At the very least he give the other guys a breather and does ok when his number is called.

If Denver could have 2 1000 Yard Rushers that would be Epic...

Freeman had an amazing move late in the fourth where he juked Bruce Irvin out of what should’ve been a tackle for loss, and ended up getting a first down.

Phillip Lindsay's 53 yard run against the Raiders was a Draw play. Denver ran Draw twice against Oakland. They also run PAP on Draw action. Jake Butt lined up at FB depth and caught a pass on that play for 22 yards and a first down. Later Andy Janovich caught a pass on that play for 10 yards into the Red zone.

Denver's first scoring drive against the Raiders was 11 plays of which 7 were runs, and 75 yards 40 of which were rushing ending in Royce Freeman's TD run. Denver had to throw a lot of passes coming from behind in the second half. When they can get the run game going early, I expect to see more PAPs. 59 of their 222 passing yards (27%) were on PAPs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I am very impressed with our young rb's.

I also give a shout out to our line who is blocking for them. So far they are a breath of fresh air.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post

I also give a shout out to our line who is blocking for them. So far they are a breath of fresh air.
    Good call. They are blocking a rushing attack that is averaging 157 ypg and 5.2 ypa. They have given up 2 sacks, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post

I mentioned the blocking but did not say anything about Janovich. For shame.

Freeman's TD came with a great block that occupied the LB making the hole for Freeman to waltz through.

Janovich is a mauler. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I mentioned the blocking but did not say anything about Janovich. For shame.

Freeman's TD came with a great block that occupied the LB making the hole for Freeman to waltz through.

Janovich is a mauler. I like it.

Many teams have no Fullback. Teams that do just carry one. If the FB position is going to be important, I've wondered if they should carry one on the PS for insurance. In the playoffs after the 2011 season, Denver was without Spencer Larsen. It handicapped them and greatly limited their rushing attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Running Back by Committee

The Broncos rushing game looks very strong this year. Through two weeks the line has done a great job blocking, allowing the backs to gain good yards even before contact.

Lindsay again had a monster game with over 100 yards on the ground (7.6 ypc ) and is up again for Rookie of the Week as well as FedEx's Ground Player of the Week - all after setting a record for a rookie (UDFA at that) for back to back 100+ yards from scrimmage (rushing and receiving combined). Take away Lindsay's big gain and he still averaged 4.1 ypc. That is a good number. Lindsay also had a big block on the final pass to Patrick that set up the winning field goal.

Freeman has also been a big contributor. Though his numbers have not been as eye-popping, he's shown exceptional vision and an ability to fight for tough yard.

I would love to see Booker make a leap this season and put up good numbers but he has been very good in pass protection. At the very least he give the other guys a breather and does ok when his number is called.

Yes,

It wasn't only the pass block to set up Patrick on that final drive. Overall, Lindsay looked quite efficient in pass blocking.