Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UH OH!!!! Pats coming to an end??

Tom Brady reportedly wants to 'divorce' Bill Belichick, considered leaving Pats as recently as late March

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...as-late-march/

This part is especially funny!!

"And a Patriots assistant told O'Connor that many on the Pats staff believe the team could win without Brady, who they might view as a, gulp, system quarterback.

"But if you gave us any of the top 15, we could do it," the assistant told O'Connor. "I don't think the coaches view Tom as special as everyone else in football does. Mr. Kraft thinks Tom is the greatest gift ever, but the coaches don't."
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 09-19-2018 at 07:21 AM.

That sounds like garbage gossip writing..l. I don’t believe any of that gossip about a riift, Would be nice to see the whole thing implode, and I am sure there are many secrets held there... but it just isn’t true, imo.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    That sounds like garbage gossip writing..l. I don’t believe any of that gossip about a riift, Would be nice to see the whole thing implode, and I am sure there are many secrets held there... but it just isn’t true, imo.
    Might have to read the book... Interviews from people within the organization aren't false. I'm betting there's more truth to it than anyone wants to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Might have to read the book... Interviews from people within the organization aren't false. I'm betting there's more truth to it than anyone wants to believe.
    I agree familiarity breeds contempt... and they are all very familiar with each other. But this great rift and in fighting is where I don’t see things happening..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

We all know that Bill likes to part with players a year early than a year too late and I believe that heís been forced to keep Brady in New England,

I also feel that his coaches know exactly how he feels and that theyíd agree with him a lot sooner than they would with Robert Crap I mean Kraft, even if he does signs the paychecks.

Now I havenít read the book but do I believe a lot of this is accurate? Based on many reports throughout the offseason Iíd say yes but I also believe this is an attempt at a crucial time for the patriots to encourage ppl to get this book!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-19-2018 at 10:20 AM.

The Pats dynasty will end at some point - but I bet they'll remain a force for a couple more years.

Would be fun if BB finds TB 2.0 in the 6th round of next year's draft.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    The Pats dynasty will end at some point - but I bet they'll remain a force for a couple more years.

How much longer do you see Belichick coaching in the NFL?

Iím pretty sure he can find another pretty good QB in the later rounds but if he leaves the ship to McDaniels, I donít see the pats remaining all that dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post

They're slowly regressing, this year they look like they might be not quite as good as they were last year (possibly because they mismanaged the receiver position) and last year they weren't quite as good as the year before. Don't get me wrong, they're still a good team and obviously a contender, but slowly the sun is setting for them. I don't think they'll fall off a cliff, unless Brady gets injured or becomes like Manning and just all of a sudden doesn't have it anymore.

As for Belichick, It's hard to figure him out. Conventional wisdom would say that he'd grow tire of the grind, and he's proven everything so he'll eventually retire. But with the reports of the rough relationship between he and Brady (including today where it was said Brady wanted a "divorce from Belichick" this past offseason) I could see Belichick sticking around and trying to win with another QB as a way of proving that it was him and not Brady. And he's football lifer, he seems to be the guy that loves the grind of it.

Probably the only thing left not completed by Belichick is that he's never turned around an awful franchise (I don't include New England as awful because they were good for a few years in the late 90's) so maybe he'd go back to Cleveland and try to do the ultimate and resurrect that franchise? That would make him even more of a football legend. Will probably never happen, but that would be interesting to see, for everyone but Pats fans I assume.

We all know they are coming to a end regardless. Nothing lasts forever but the run they've had is astonishing whether we like it or not. I never seen anything like it in my lifetime. Not the Spurs, not the Yankees, not the 9ers, not the Steelers. None of them have put together a run that lasted this long with mediocrity in between. We may never see it again.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    We all know they are coming to a end regardless. Nothing lasts forever but the run they've had is astonishing whether we like it or not. I never seen anything like it in my lifetime. Not the Spurs, not the Yankees, not the 9ers, not the Steelers. None of them have put together a run that lasted this long with mediocrity in between. We may never see it again.
    If we're talking about just longevity it's impressive. Although I think it's more like 2 mini-dynasties because they went 11 years in-between Super Bowl wins. Still an impressive streak, but just not a true dynasty because of that downtime, and there only being two left (Brady and Belichick) between the first and 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If we're talking about just longevity it's impressive. Although I think it's more like 2 mini-dynasties because they went 11 years in-between Super Bowl wins. Still an impressive streak, but just not a true dynasty because of that downtime, and there only being two left (Brady and Belichick) between the first and 5th.
    I'm just talking about the run they've had since the first super bowl. How many AFC championship games have they played in? It's absolutely crazy. Coming up on the most astronomical 20 year run in football ever probably. But, it's coming to a end. Father time will catch tom soon. It catches everyone. Not to mention this is one of the least talented Patriot team I've seen. At this point I like KC, and Jacksonville in the AFC but it's still early. We'll see.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 09-20-2018 at 04:23 AM.

I'm just talking about the run they've had since the first super bowl. How many AFC championship games have they played in? It's absolutely crazy. Coming up an the most astronomical 20 year run in football ever probably. But, it's coming to an end. Father time will catch tom soon. It catches everyone. Not to mention this is one of the least talented Patriot team I've seen. At this point I like KC, and Jacksonville in the AFC but it's still early. We'll see.
    Hey if weíre counting AFC championships in the dynasty conversation then can we include Elways 12 year run of championship games from 86-98?

Sorry had to throw that in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    How much longer do you see Belichick coaching in the NFL?

Iím pretty sure he can find another pretty good QB in the later rounds but if he leaves the ship to McDaniels, I donít see the pats remaining all that dominate.
    No idea Sam regarding BB's tenure. I agree regarding McDaniels - but there are very few elite HCs in the NFL. Unfortunately, the Pats are due for a down period in the near future

I'm just talking about the run they've had since the first super bowl. How many AFC championship games have they played in? It's absolutely crazy. Coming up an the most astronomical 20 year run in football ever probably. But, it's coming to an end. Father time will catch tom soon. It catches everyone. Not to mention this is one of the least talented Patriot team I've seen. At this point I like KC, and Jacksonville in the AFC but it's still early. We'll see.
    The biggest problem I see with the Pats is their LB's. They, as a group have looked really bad thus far. Dont'a Hightower in particular looks completely cooked. They need to get way more athletic at that position.

Yup, the Pats acquire one of the most talented receivers out there in Josh Gordon but they are done