Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Yup, the Pats acquire one of the most talented receivers out there in Josh Gordon but they are done
    One receiver does not a team make!!!!

Yup, the Pats acquire one of the most talented receivers out there in Josh Gordon but they are done
    There will come a time when Brady's magic pixie dust of BS runs out, and especially with that horrible D.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    One receiver does not a team make!!!!
    Youíre right - I forgot about Gronkowski, Edelman, Hogan, White, Brady, and Michel in addition to Gordon.

Youíre right - I forgot about Gronkowski, Edelman, Hogan, White, Brady, and Michel in addition to Gordon.
    Hereís what you missed

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Herald
    Bill Belichick said the trade wasnít finalized: Prior to the start of practice, Belichick insisted the trade for Gordon had not yet been completed ó even though the deal had already been announced by both teams and was on the NFLís transaction wire. Belichick did not offer additional details on why the trade was still pending, only saying he would not answer questions about Gordon until the deal was done.

ďIf and when it happens, Iím happy to talk about it,Ē he said after several questions about the trade. ďItís not completed. I donít understand how we donít understand that. When itís completed, itís completed. If itís not completed, itís not completed, and right now, itís not completed.Ē
    Iím disappointed that Cleveland traded him, Mayfield will need all the help he can get but in all actuality, will his hamstring suddenly become 100% healthy to even make a difference this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Hereís what you missed

Iím disappointed that Cleveland traded him, Mayfield will need all the help he can get but in all actuality, will his hamstring suddenly become 100% healthy to even make a difference this season?
    If you believe his hamstring was hurt in the first place. Some believe he staged this whole thing to get out of cleveland.

One of the most talented receivers in 2013 who has played 11 games since then. And they acquired a player that the Browns gave up on because they screwed that position up so badly. Look at how many receivers they've signed and released since Training Camp started, they're desperate and as such took a chance on a guy who's had 1 good year during his career, and that was 5 years ago.

You’re right - I forgot about Gronkowski, Edelman, Hogan, White, Brady, and Michel in addition to Gordon.
    Those guys are so good they're continually signing and releasing receivers trying to find some to stick. They're anything but content with the offensive weapons, despite what you try to portray. And looking at those players, what's the one thing missing there that they desperately needed (and why they traded for Gordon) speed. They've got no speed on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Those guys are so good they're continually signing and releasing receivers trying to find some to stick. They're anything but content with the offensive weapons, despite what you try to portray. And looking at those players, what's the one thing missing there that they desperately needed (and why they traded for Gordon) speed. They've got no speed on offense.
    What they are trying to find is a 3rd receiver to replace Amendola. Thatís what they've not been content with, not the whole receiving corps. Jax was able to bottle Hogan and Gronk up last week because of their stellar defense. Next time theyíll have to deal with Edelman and Gordon too!

What they are trying to find is a 3rd receiver to replace Amendola. Thatís what they've not been content with, not the whole receiving corps. Jax was able to bottle Hogan and Gronk up last week because of their stellar defense. Next time theyíll have to deal with Edelman and Gordon too!
    Wow you said this very same thing leading up to the 2015 AFC championship game and look what happened! 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Wow you said this very same thing leading up to the 2015 AFC championship game and look what happened! 😃
    I said Denver has to deal with Josh Gordon in the 2005 AFC Championship?

Oh wait....another year in a lousy division....translating to automatic playoff contention, and 6 relatively easy games, in which one loss is about all that a good team would suffer.

Must be sweet getting a free ticket to the playoffs, year after year after year, plus 6 of the easiest games any divisional team could ask for.

And yes, we knew they'd pick up a guy who has no respect for the league. That's what low lifes do.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Oh wait....another year in a lousy division....translating to automatic playoff contention, and 6 relatively easy games, in which one loss is about all that a good team would suffer.

Must be sweet getting a free ticket to the playoffs, year after year after year, plus 6 of the easiest games any divisional team could ask for.

And yes, we knew they'd pick up a guy who has no respect for the league. That's what low lifes do.
    And none of the other AFC East teams make the playoffs, which means the Pats have to go through the top teams in the AFC North, South and West en route to the Super Bowl - 8 times under Brady and Belichick. If the Pats consistently won the division and fizzle out in the playoffs, I would agree with you.

As far as Josh Gordon, it's not that he has disrespect for the league. He is addicted to drugs. Hopefully he can clean up, so he can help clean the Broncos up if Denver even makes the playoffs.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none)

And none of the other AFC East teams make the playoffs, which means the Pats have to go through the top teams in the AFC North, South and West en route to the Super Bowl - 8 times under Brady and Belichick. If the Pats consistently won the division and fizzle out in the playoffs, I would agree with you.

As far as Josh Gordon, it's not that he has disrespect for the league. He is addicted to drugs. Hopefully he can clean up, so he can help clean the Broncos up if Denver even makes the playoffs.
    None of what you Patsies say ever makes sense. Try thinking this way.....what if The Pats played in a tough division, year after year? And what if they did not benefit from all those easy divisional games, which yes, help them get a better record, and a better spot in the playoffs. it's so simple that I thought you might grasp it...….but you didn't.

I really don't care how you describe Gordon, drug addict or disrespectful. Based on what he did to The Browns, screwing up his injury during an ad of some sort, I call it disrespect. But again, BB would do pretty much anything to win.....so what's new??

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    None of what you Patsies say ever makes sense. Try thinking this way.....what if The Pats played in a tough division, year after year? And what if they did not benefit from all those easy divisional games, which yes, help them get a better record, and a better spot in the playoffs. it's so simple that I thought you might grasp it...….but you didn't.

I really don't care how you describe Gordon, drug addict or disrespectful. Based on what he did to The Browns, screwing up his injury during an ad of some sort, I call it disrespect. But again, BB would do pretty much anything to win.....so what's new??
    And you obviously missed my point, which is it doesn't matter what division they are in. They took care of business against the best AFC teams in the North, South and West...which means...they'd do pretty well if they were in a different AFC division.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none)