Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: 2018: Week 3 Broncos vs Ravens

Hello Broncomaniacs,

Here we are ready for another Broncos game. The Broncos have 2 wins in 2 games. So we are already at 40% of last years total.
    This Sunday brings the Cardiac Coloradans to the cooler grounds of Baltimore for our first road game. Yes we are two and 0, but Oh how they had to work to get there. Both games were come from behind victories. Hopefully we start off better than we have. Last week the offense started so slow, but ended the game the way it needed to.

The 1-1 Ravens had 6 sacks against the Bills week 1, No Sacks or turnovers vs the Bengals. So which Ravens team will come out to play?
    The Broncos O-line has been doing better at protecting the QB and opening up run lanes, which will help them greatly. Lindsay on Royce are excelling in the running game with Lindsay average 6 yards a run. We will see in he can gain another 100 yards from scrimmage this game as well.

The D stepped up and held there on against Carr. In fact we have not given up 300 yard passing in 36 games now. Oakland came out and had a great plan, their o-line blocked well and Carr got rid of the ball fast negating our pass rush. While we still had issues against a TE, the D help up and contained Beast mode and the running game of the Raiders. Our special teams did their job, and where many kickers choked, McManus was McMoney again. Our younger WRs came through as well in the clutch.

We can't overlook the Ravens. We are 1-5 at Baltimore. Not a great record. You throw in a 1PM east coast start, and it gets worse. Last year we were 2-0, hit Buffalo for a 1pm start and loss in stupidic fashion. The refs called an unsportsmanlike conduct on Von when he pretended he was gonna help pick Taylor up after a hit. Buffalo scored on the continuing drive. Flacco has some good targets to throw to in Brown, Snead and Michael (2 chainz) Crabtree. When they need a change of pace Lamar Jackson can come in and give them a nice Pass/Run option as QB.

SO how do we do in game 3 of the season? Well we are a measly 5-5 over the last 10 seasons. Of the five wins, two were at home and three were on the road. Of the five losses two were at home and three were on the road. So who knows if we will come out sharp, or not really wake up until halftime. Were 2-0 only 6 other teams can say that, and only a few of them will make it to 3-0. Let's hope were are one of them. I like that we are making adjustments as the game goes on, that's more than we saw last year.

Win / Lose we need to play better, KC is a week away. Lets hope for a good game where we emerge healthy. Please as always follow the COC and watch what you post. Let's make it as easy as we can for the Mods, who always do a great job here and have no control over how the team performs. Most of all let's hope for the "W" AS always GO BRONCOS!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 14 Now in progress.

Go Broncos!!!!! 3-0 baby!

Only one small request. Can we get the lead before the last minute?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rastic; 09-22-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Great write up as always, Elway!

Go Broncos!

Beat the Ravens!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Great write up as always, Elway!

Go Broncos!

Beat the Ravens!!
    Thanks Peanut, Good luck tomorrow, hope it's a peaceful household
    The Game Day Thread: Year 14 Now in progress.

Let's Go Broncos!

Also, what's the significance of the team leaving on Saturday versus leaving on Friday for a game? I can't figure out why it matters compared to last year when they left on Fridays
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Go Broncos!!!!! 3-0 baby!

Only one small request. Can we get the lead before the last minute?

Thanks.
    Yes indeed... 3-0, here we come. And I have a feeling your small request will be granted.

Go Broncos!!!

First road game of the season and I expect it to be a tough game. Should see what this team is made of tomorrow!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

I will be enjoying the game at Buffalo Wild Wings with my DT jersey. Hopefully he has more catches than drops.

Some big game time decisions we could see:

Jones will test the hamstrings this morning.

Mosely will work out the knee.

Both are huge, if Mosely doesnt play this becomes a game we should win.

Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Go Broncos!
    i share that sentiment! Good to see you!
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Some big game time decisions we could see:

Jones will test the hamstrings this morning.

Mosely will work out the knee.

Both are huge, if Mosely doesnt play this becomes a game we should win.
    I think this is a game we should win even with Mosley because he went be 100%. I want the Broncos D to dominate this game!! At least 5 sacks and 2 turnovers!! Get er done boys!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I think this is a game we should win even with Mosley because he went be 100%. I want the Broncos D to dominate this game!! At least 5 sacks and 2 turnovers!! Get er done boys!!
    Yup if there is no Pierce or Mosely, it's a must win

This is going to be tough. I donít think Ravens are a better team but having to go cross country and play an early game in M&T staduim is going to be brutal. Hard staduim to play at.

Heading to the game! Watch for the person in orange in the end zone rocking 84!