Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 904
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    3,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Best case scenario right now would be to trade for nick Folles. Why trade up by surrendering multiple picks and players to attempt to develops Lock when nick Folles is already a proven stud in crunch time.

    I’d rather trade two first for Folles while we still have a high pick in the second
    I've been saying this about NICK FOLES, for weeks. And, considering that Philly can't keep Foles relative to their Cap, I think you can get the guy for less than a single #1. But everything has to fall into place. The Broncos can't take a $10 million dollar cap hit by cutting Keenum. They have to find a team who will take him in trade, reducing the hit to $3 million.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Best case scenario right now would be to trade for nick Folles. Why trade up by surrendering multiple picks and players to attempt to develops Lock when nick Folles is already a proven stud in crunch time.

    I’d rather trade two first for Folles while we still have a high pick in the second
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I've been saying this about NICK FOLES, for weeks. And, considering that Philly can't keep Foles relative to their Cap, I think you can get the guy for less than a single #1. But everything has to fall into place. The Broncos can't take a $10 million dollar cap hit by cutting Keenum. They have to find a team who will take him in trade, reducing the hit to $3 million.
    Serious question for you guys. Why Foles? Outside of winning a SB, I mean. Because Flacco won one, and he'll probably be available. Foles threw 10 touchdowns and 8 interceptions this year, and he averaged only 10.2 yards per completion. Why not just draft a quarterback, and keep Keenum?

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Serious question for you guys. Why Foles? Outside of winning a SB, I mean. Because Flacco won one, and he'll probably be available. Foles threw 10 touchdowns and 8 interceptions this year, and he averaged only 10.2 yards per completion. Why not just draft a quarterback, and keep Keenum?
    Because moving up to get lock or Haskins would cost far more than it would for Folles!

    Developing Lock or Haskins may not be successful! How many successful quarterback have the Denver Broncos developed in all their history? Other than Elway, theyíve developed nobody!

    Folles is proven to be solid and heíll be cheaper! Plus he performed well under pressure...

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Because moving up to get lock or Haskins would cost far more than it would for Folles!

    Developing Lock or Haskins may not be successful! How many successful quarterback have the Denver Broncos developed in all their history? Other than Elway, theyíve developed nobody!

    Folles is proven to be solid and heíll be cheaper! Plus he performed well under pressure...
    Sure, but so has Flacco. Unless Foles is a franchise guy, and nobody's figured it out yet, he's a stop gap just like all the other free agents. If we pay Foles, and he plays like Keenum did, Elway is cooked.

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Sure, but so has Flacco. Unless Foles is a franchise guy, and nobody's figured it out yet, he's a stop gap just like all the other free agents. If we pay Foles, and he plays like Keenum did, Elway is cooked.
    If Elway moves up to draft Haskins or luck and they donít work out he still cooked Because at that point he will have moved up to get two first round QBs in under 10 years.

    Flacco is regressing while Folles is still peaking. IMO Foles is the safe choice right now for the fact that heíll still cost less to get than Haskins or Lock.

    Iím not saying heís the next big thing, not by any means but heís the safest and cheapest!

    Big difference between he and Flacco but Flacco isnít m such a bad QB.
    I donít know the reason for his regression but Iíd rather have flacco over Keenum outside of the salary cap differential.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-25-2019 at 03:19 PM.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Sure, but so has Flacco. Unless Foles is a franchise guy, and nobody's figured it out yet, he's a stop gap just like all the other free agents. If we pay Foles, and he plays like Keenum did, Elway is cooked.
    Correct. If you draft a young guy, play him, he struggles but shows promise at the same time, the fan base will accept losing in the hope that things will get better, and you might have a franchise guy. The same thing cannot be said if Elway gives us another failed retread, and another year of Broncos football is wasted.

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,536
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Correct. If you draft a young guy, play him, he struggles but shows promise at the same time, the fan base will accept losing in the hope that things will get better, and you might have a franchise guy. The same thing cannot be said if Elway gives us another failed retread, and another year of Broncos football is wasted.
    But Folles isnít a failed retread, Iíd see your point if keenum actually won something but he didnít even win an NFC title before we signed him.

    Folles is still the safest and cheapest.

    Iím not looking to give up two first round picks and whatever player it would take to move up to draft lock, If Drew lock fell to number 10, then Iíd be all for it but at this point I donít see that happening.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    But Folles isn’t a failed retread, I’d see your point if keenum actually won something but he didn’t even win an NFC title before we signed him.

    Folles is still the safest and cheapest.

    I’m not looking to give up two first round picks and whatever player it would take to move up to draft lock, If Drew lock fell to number 10, then I’d be all for it but at this point I don’t see that happening.
    I don't think Foles would be cheap. If Keenum can get 35 million over two years, Foles would get at least 20 million per year. If we release or trade Keenum and give Foles a prove it contract that wouldn't be terrible I suppose.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,735
    sorry However Nick Folles is just another Case.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,884

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    6,972
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    sorry However Nick Folles is just another Case.
    Most likely. A trade for Foles or Flacco would be an unwise move financially and would likely produce a disappointing ROI. Even if they're free agent signings they'll sign for no less than 10% more than Keenum, and with Keenum hitting 21 million against our cap (10 million if cut) we would still likely have the most expensive QB room in the league. Again, financially unwise to cripple our cap with average at best QB play.

    Go young, take your lumps and play him early and often, if he's still stinking by the end of his second or third year with no significant improvement grab Trevor Lawrence in 2021/2022
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 01-25-2019 at 04:50 PM.

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    3,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Serious question for you guys. Why Foles? Outside of winning a SB, I mean. Because Flacco won one, and he'll probably be available. Foles threw 10 touchdowns and 8 interceptions this year, and he averaged only 10.2 yards per completion. Why not just draft a quarterback, and keep Keenum?
    I would take Flacco, OR Foles over Keenum or a QB draftee. They are both Superbowl winning MVPs.

    Why wouldn't I draft a QB? Because the QBs in this years Draft, from top to bottom, aren't worth the #10 Pick. And ALL college QBs are a crapshoot. And, after Drafting Lynch, Osweiler, Siemian, and Kelly, our FO has shown the inability to pick a QB.

    If we sign a Foles or a Flacco, Keenum will cost too much to keep.

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I would take Flacco, OR Foles over Keenum or a QB draftee. They are both Superbowl winning MVPs.

    Why wouldn't I draft a QB? Because the QBs in this years Draft, from top to bottom, aren't worth the #10 Pick. And ALL college QBs are a crapshoot. And, after Drafting Lynch, Osweiler, Siemian, and Kelly, our FO has shown the inability to pick a QB.

    If we sign a Foles or a Flacco, Keenum will cost too much to keep.
    They're superbowl MVPs with great teams and head coaches. Flacco's not very good IMO and Foles is a system Qb.
    We've had bad luck drafting QBs but two of the guys you mentioned are 7th round picks and were not supposed to save the franchise. We got a decent season out of one and he will be a decent backup (that's pretty good for the 7th round). Lots of people were high on Pax on top of that.
    I'd rather take a guy with upside whi can develop into our future (Lock)

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    3,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    They're superbowl MVPs with great teams and head coaches. Flacco's not very good IMO and Foles is a system Qb.
    We've had bad luck drafting QBs but two of the guys you mentioned are 7th round picks and were not supposed to save the franchise. We got a decent season out of one and he will be a decent backup (that's pretty good for the 7th round). Lots of people were high on Pax on top of that.
    I'd rather take a guy with upside whi can develop into our future (Lock)
    I would still take Foles or Flacco over another "Lynch" or "Osweiler", ................ or worse. AND Flacco and Foles are better than anything we have currently on our roster.

    With that being said, I will be interested in seeing what happens at the Combine and Pro Days. Every year, fewer QBs show up at the Combine, and the Pro-days are kind of a joke when it's held where the various QBs feel most comfortable. So, we will hopefully have more to go on with prospective QB draftees.

    Should be interesting.

    I would also suggest to everyone that our Posts are completely and totally meaningless. What I believe, what I think, and who I would want for a QB is of ZERO interest to anyone in the Denver Broncos organization. So, I could Post my opinion of who I would hope the Broncos would trade for, draft, or sign, a MILLION TIMES, and it isn't going to change anything relative to who John Elway chooses to lead this team.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,536
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I don't think Foles would be cheap. If Keenum can get 35 million over two years, Foles would get at least 20 million per year. If we release or trade Keenum and give Foles a prove it contract that wouldn't be terrible I suppose.
    I meant cheapest to pick up in a trade

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •