Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't think anyone is thinking he'll be the next starter, or that he'll step in and start. But he's better than a bunch of the backups in the league right now. And he would probably be the best QB on the Broncos roster if they signed him today.

People have talked about taking a two pronged attack to solve the QB problem. But they've suggested drafting two QBs. I would sign Mitchell and draft Lock instead of outright drafting two QBs.

That would be the way to go for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    That would be the way to go for sure !
    I agree, Lock or Haskins or Jones married with Bo as a free agent signing sounds a heck of a lot better than 2 or more QBs taken in the draft.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Well, just looking at draft position. That gives you an idea of what the scouts thought of them.

Brady: 6th round
    Montana: 3rd round
    Unitas: 102nd overall
    Favre: 2nd round
    Brees: 2nd round
    Marino fell to 27th (Blackledge went top 10/Eason went top 15), and Rodgers fell to 24th (Alex Smith went 1 and Campbell went right after Rodgers at 25th).

Kurt Warner went undrafted. Tony Romo went undrafted. Warren Moon went undrafted. Jake Delhomme. Jeff Garcia. Dave Krieg. Trent Green (8th round). As far as statistics and winning goes, I'd say it definitely helps a QBs stock, but I won't write a guy off just because he didn't throw a lot of touchdowns or win his conference championship. Who would've thought Trevor Siemian, coming off of his college career, would ever beat out a late first round pick? The fact that he made it as a backup is impressive to me. Says a lot about a guy's intangibles, which I think is something all of those guys had. Intangibles are hard to measure in the scouting process.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 01-30-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Well, just looking at draft position. That gives you an idea of what the scouts thought of them.

Brady: 6th round
    Montana: 3rd round
    Unitas: 102nd overall
    Favre: 2nd round
    Brees: 2nd round
    Marino fell to 27th (Blackledge went top 10/Eason went top 15), and Rodgers fell to 24th (Alex Smith went 1 and Campbell went right after Rodgers at 25th).

Kurt Warner went undrafted. Tony Romo went undrafted. Warren Moon went undrafted. Jake Delhomme. Jeff Garcia. Dave Krieg. Trent Green (8th round). As far as statistics and winning goes, I'd say it definitely helps a QBs stock, but I won't write a guy off just because he didn't throw a lot of touchdowns or win his conference championship. Who would've thought Trevor Siemian, coming off of his college career, would ever beat out a late first round pick? The fact that he made it as a backup is impressive to me. Says a lot about a guy's intangibles, which I think is something all of those guys had. Intangibles are hard to measure in the scouting process.
    Thank you (must spread some around )

I originally responded to Gtown on his response regarding Haskins not being that great. All these kids are complete unknowns until we get them on a field and in a film room. We won't know if Lock or Jones or Haskins or Murray....etc....etc....will be good until we give them a shot. I'm pretty sure all the teams that ended up with this list of good to great QBs were fairly happy they took that chance on them. Denver has to take that chance and I think they won't regret it when they do.

Have you guys actually seen him throw?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Have you guys actually seen him throw?
    Which QB are you talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Aaron's last year he barely through for 2500 yards and his 1st year he barely completed 60% of his passes.

Russell wilson before his senior season was in the 50% range for pct every year.

Or how about the other goat....Joe Montana....career stats, 268 completed passes out of 515, 52 pct, 4121 yards, 25 TDs and 25 ints.

QBs don't have to look like the best thing since sliced bread to be something special in the pros

Look at Jake Plummers numbers, I would consider him a good NFL QB that had a mediocre college career.....I stand by my statement.....not wrong
    Yes, wrong, you have not defended your position even remotely adequately. You are reaching for straws with Aaron Rodgers, he was a very good college quarterback, Russell Wilson also was as evident by him being drafted in the 3rd round despite serious concerns surrounding his height, he was a legit play-maker at Wisconsin. I will give you Joe Montana though based on the statistics, but if that is how far you have to go back to find one adequate example, you have proved yourself wrong. Also, Jake Plummer was not one "of the best QBs", he doesn't qualify for this argument.

Anyway, this guy from Canada, has anyone who has watched him play got a bit of a break down on him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Which QB are you talking about here?
    The Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Anyway, this guy from Canada, has anyone who has watched him play got a bit of a break down on him ?
    He reminds me of Keenum. Ill leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Yes, wrong, you have not defended your position even remotely adequately. You are reaching for straws with Aaron Rodgers, he was a very good college quarterback, Russell Wilson also was as evident by him being drafted in the 3rd round despite serious concerns surrounding his height, he was a legit play-maker at Wisconsin. I will give you Joe Montana though based on the statistics, but if that is how far you have to go back to find one adequate example, you have proved yourself wrong. Also, Jake Plummer was not one "of the best QBs", he doesn't qualify for this argument.

Wow, I'm going to say this and leave it at that.......

The only QBs that were can't miss pretty much flawless QBs coming out of college were John Elway and Andrew Luck. Every single one of them had issues and didn't "look" like "all world" QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Wow, I'm going to say this and leave it at that.......

The only QBs that were can't miss pretty much flawless QBs coming out of college were John Elway and Andrew Luck. Every single one of them had issues and didn't "look" like "all world" QBs.
    This is true . What about PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The Canadian
    He's not Canadian, but he played up here. And yes, I've seen him throw a lot. He's not Keenum, that comparison is poor. That's not to say he's a great NFL QB, or that he'll even become a starter in the NFL. But his game is nothing like Keenum, and his arm is better than Keenum.

I just watched some You Tube Video of Bo Levi Mitchell and I am very Impressed....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8AYkj6cQRc

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    This is true . What about PM?
    Manning didn't have a cannon arm or mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Manning didn't have a cannon arm or mobility.
    I'm talking about a no brainer about his being a franchise Qb at the time of the draft