Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

QB prospects in 2019

With Keenum looking thoroughly mediocre so far, is it time to start thinking about drafting someone in 2019? Yes, I know Kelly is still very much in the picture. It's also worth noting that a number of teams that are likely to have a worse record than Denver already have a QB, like the N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Arizona, Buffalo, etc.

According to walterfootball.com, the top 3 prospects are Herbert, Stidham, and Lock. Herbert seems to be the "potential" guy. He's got great size and a powerful arm. As far as Stidham, one NFC scout noted he wasn't as physically gifted as Herbert, but had an incredibly high football IQ. A very good athlete to boot. The report on Lock is that "his skill set and athleticism are similar to Jay Cutler but offset with a nice-guy personality that is similar to Eli Manning." Some worry that he does not have "a commanding personality to lead the team."

So, any other impressive QBs out there Denver might take a look at?

If anything Denver will give Kelly a shot before taking anyone. Realistically we will be 7-9 to 9-7. Not exactly in prime QB position. Maybe take a big run at Russell Wilson, who I think will be moved before all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If anything Denver will give Kelly a shot before taking anyone. Realistically we will be 7-9 to 9-7. Not exactly in prime QB position. Maybe take a big run at Russell Wilson, who I think will be moved before all is said and done.
    Here's the thing, though. Next year's draft is stacked with D-line prospects. Plus, as I said, a number of bad teams already have their QB of the future. It may be one of those rare years where QBs aren't as coveted.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Here's the thing, though. Next year's draft is stacked with D-line prospects. Plus, as I said, a number of bad teams already have their QB of the future. It may be one of those rare years where QBs aren't as coveted.
    I think there will still be bad teams picking high. At the end of the day the question will always be what the cost is. Hard to say where things shape up this early, but its not out of the realm of possibility.

QBs will bust, teams will decide they need a young QB and trade up for one (Saints and Chargers being two potential teams doing that), other teams who passed on their QB this year (Giants, Broncos) will be possibly looking in April. It's a QB league, teams who don't have one need to get one. And with it being a DEEP DL draft, teams will be happy to trade down because they know they can get that quality lineman later.

Will Grier could be a nice pick-up
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

which will mean like every year a team will trade away 2 1s to go up and grab their guy. It is how it always works and for good reason.

What makes you think Seattle will let Wilson go? If you're right, I would love to have Wilson. I think he's a top ten QB with unique skill set and mentality (albeit, kind of a strange dude at times).

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1963 View Post
    What makes you think Seattle will let Wilson go? If you're right, I would love to have Wilson. I think he's a top ten QB with unique skill set and mentality (albeit, kind of a strange dude at times).
    The consistently workout top QB prospects, much to Wilson's camp discontent. Then this off season the made a major play for Jacoby Brissett offering a 2nd rounder.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...y-said-no/amp/

I think we may see a changing of the guard IMO

Wish we could trade for a head coach and some defensive coaches! Any team is only as good as its coachs and we don't have any of those on defense and VJ is getting out coached every week! Our coaches will ruin any QB we can draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    Wish we could trade for a head coach and some defensive coaches! Any team is only as good as its coachs and we don't have any of those on defense and VJ is getting out coached every week! Our coaches will ruin any QB we can draft.
    Honestly we show we make the right in game adjustments. It's the fact we lack discipline that hurts us. That is either coaching or a lack of leadership in the locker room

We will go on a 4 game slide (we have the hardest month on our schedule right now). It's likely we can win as many as 10 games but yeah this is likely to occur after that slide occurs

The consistently workout top QB prospects, much to Wilson's camp discontent. Then this off season the made a major play for Jacoby Brissett offering a 2nd rounder.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...y-said-no/amp/

I think we may see a changing of the guard IMO
    If what you're saying about Seattle is true, they need to fire themselves immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    If what you're saying about Seattle is true, they need to fire themselves immediately.
    Yeah from what i heard people are gone because the staff were trying to make it russells team. Not get rid of everyone to get rid of russell
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    We will go on a 4 game slide (we have the hardest month on our schedule right now). It's likely we can win as many as 10 games but yeah this is likely to occur after that slide occurs
    This stretch will be very telling about our future that's for sure, depending on the performance of players and members of the coaching staff it could result in major changes. IMO we go 8-8

Losses:
    Marshall
    DT(likely back on a significant pay cut)
    Darian Stewart

I think these guys are gone regardless

Depending on this stretch

Davis
    Booker
    Joe Woods

Could also be losses.

The team could go completely off the rails, and then we are looking at a massive overhaul, and I mean ground zero style. I doubt that happens though.