Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDonkeys! View Post
    Too bad players from Bama aren't considered by this genius scouting dept.
    This is only partially true. Elway once tried to trade up for CJ Moseley. They do however feel there is a lot of mileage and dings that come from Saban players, also feels a lot of players have hit a point close to their ceilings, mostly due to the great coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    To me this class is either herbert or Grier. If neither of them are open I wouldn't touch another qb
    I wouldn't touch Grier he has really fallen off a cliff and likes to hold the ball to long. Against iowa state I watched him have terrible pocket presence on top of just holding the ball way to long. He was sacked 7 times and finished with 67 total yards.

He also didn't look good against Kansas the week prior. I want nothing to do with him.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Doesnt seem like hebert, stidham or grier had great games saturday.

Haskins and jones had okay games
    Glen Haven Fire

Stidham has fallen off this year, he's struggling against all kinds of SEC teams. He won't make it in the pros
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Stidham has fallen off this year, he's struggling against all kinds of SEC teams. He won't make it in the pros
    That's unfortunate. He's a guy I thought Denver might take a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Doesnt seem like hebert, stidham or grier had great games saturday.

Haskins and jones had okay games
    Nate Stanley had a big game though, he looks like an NFL quarterback. I suggest more people go and look into him because by seasons end, I think he will be talked about as one of the top prospects in the draft if he declares..

Ive been sorta keeping an eye on him but i havent seen anything speculating that he will. If i were him and haskins, id come out this year. If its next then theyd have to compete with tua/fromm/ eason
    Glen Haven Fire

Exactly. If they wait around until next year they will get pushed down the board. In saying that, NFL teams will love the fact Stanley is playing in a pro style offense right now and showing off an NFL skill set while doing so, he could potentially bet on himself and manoeuvre into the conversation with those flashy names everyone knows about in my opinion, I see him as the complete package.

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Ive been sorta keeping an eye on him but i havent seen anything speculating that he will. If i were him and haskins, id come out this year. If its next then theyd have to compete with tua/fromm/ eason
    next years QB class is so strong. it is why i am not sure.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    With Keenum looking thoroughly mediocre so far, is it time to start thinking about drafting someone in 2019? Yes, I know Kelly is still very much in the picture. It's also worth noting that a number of teams that are likely to have a worse record than Denver already have a QB, like the N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Arizona, Buffalo, etc.

According to walterfootball.com, the top 3 prospects are Herbert, Stidham, and Lock. Herbert seems to be the "potential" guy. He's got great size and a powerful arm. As far as Stidham, one NFC scout noted he wasn't as physically gifted as Herbert, but had an incredibly high football IQ. A very good athlete to boot. The report on Lock is that "his skill set and athleticism are similar to Jay Cutler but offset with a nice-guy personality that is similar to Eli Manning." Some worry that he does not have "a commanding personality to lead the team."

So, any other impressive QBs out there Denver might take a look at?
    Heck I'd be ok with a guy like Eli (who has 2 SB rings) who has the skill and athleticism of Jay. I mean, what can one expect, a mix of Rodgers, Brady and Brees???

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Heck I'd be ok with a guy like Eli (who has 2 SB rings) who has the skill and athleticism of Jay. I mean, what can one expect, a mix of Rodgers, Brady and Brees???
    Yeah, it would be quite another thing if he had Cutler's personality and leadership skills.

I like Lock, but I don't love him, and I don't see him as a day 1 starter in the NFL. I can also see that "nice guy attitude" as a nice way of calling him soft, that's how I view him. I think he will benefit from being in a weak quarterback draft class and having the big arm everyone craves, but from everything I have watched, Chad Kelly put together a better resume at Ole Miss than Lock has done at Missouri. Both teams compete in the SEC and Lock has consistently looked rattled, and played sloppy against top competition. Lock has a big arm and can move, but his tape is not more impressive than Kelly's was, and really I don't see Lock being any better of a prospect than Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Yeah, it would be quite another thing if he had Cutler's personality and leadership skills.
    So true!

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I like Lock, but I don't love him, and I don't see him as a day 1 starter in the NFL. I can also see that "nice guy attitude" as a nice way of calling him soft, that's how I view him. I think he will benefit from being in a weak quarterback draft class and having the big arm everyone craves, but from everything I have watched, Chad Kelly put together a better resume at Ole Miss than Lock has done at Missouri. Both teams compete in the SEC and Lock has consistently looked rattled, and played sloppy against top competition. Lock has a big arm and can move, but his tape is not more impressive than Kelly's was, and really I don't see Lock being any better of a prospect than Kelly.
    I actually have no tape on the guy, as I typically don't learn a lot about draftees until early in the new year, so you are waaaay ahead of me in terms of real knowledge. But he sounded ok in the assessment.

Ironic that he is bit like Eli, because The Giants will likely be big in the market for a QB.....probably Herbert. And if Herbert is the guy, expect a few teams to get in bargaining mode come draft time. Because if we might be in the market, and The Giants also, by year end expect a few more teams to show their hand, that they too want in on a QB.