Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Boo this man!!����

Get the quarterback this year, if you can.

Hopefully the coaching change and free agency get them back to the playoffs.
    Just another comment heard on the radio, or on this board. Who is to say we will he in position to get any of them next year. Please tell me what QB you would want sooo bad that's a cant miss or worth selling the farm for?

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    No QB in this class will beat out Keenum this year, that's just not gonna happen. Ok, let them sit a year and develop behind Case will be a response.. ..

The question becomes, is a red shirted Lock better than Tua or Fromm as a rookie?
    Tua has the height and the weight but he is injured. Fromm is not all the I'm a GA fan. He will not have the luxury of having 2 thousand yards rushers in the nfl.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    No QB in this class will beat out Keenum this year, that's just not gonna happen. Ok, let them sit a year and develop behind Case will be a response.. ..

The question becomes, is a red shirted Lock better than Tua or Fromm as a rookie?
    They can always cut Keenum.

I wouldn’t complain if they cut Keenum and sign Flacco and pass on a quarterback until next season or beyond, depending on how Flacco does.

Yes, Keenum can be cut. It’s a $10 million hit but also an $11 million savings.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

I don't know. Was a red shirt Mahomes better than any qb taken the draft after him? QBs are tough to evaluate because there are so many pieces that need to be in place for them to work. All we heard last year was this draft class is better than last year's and the cycle will continue unless you have a once in a generation type talent. Than the cycle continues the following year.

Baker who looks to be the best qb from last year was considered a second round pick until the draft process came through. Rosen was considered the number 1 early until draft time rolled through and he ends up being the fourth.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    2020 draft = weak class.
    Murray = too small

Maybe I'm missing something here but I listen to Broncos radio and it seems like a lot of hosts think the Qb class next year is better then this year . I just dont see it . It's almost like their thoughts are go with Keenum, set up for next years draft and get your Qb then .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here but I listen to Broncos radio and it seems like a lot of hosts think the Qb class next year is better then this year . I just dont see it . It's almost like their thoughts are go with Keenum, set up for next years draft and get your Qb then .
    That is exactly their thinking but next year at this time they’ll all say that the 2020 class isn’t as strong as originally speculated. They’re stupid and they do it every year. Anyway Ben Albright seems to believe otherwise.

Film study has nothing to do with his height and weight. You are implying bc he is not 6'3 the def coordinator have and easier chance to stop him really??? Game film can be ANY qb undoing. Not a very good point at all.
    What I'm saying is he has all the talent and intangibles to drive defenses crazy but once defenses figure him (his style of play) out his height & weight will become an issue on how long he lasts in the NFL world of giants. So yes if he were 4-6 inches taller (depending on what his true height is) and 10-20lbs heavier (depending on what his true weight is) I'd feel better about his possible 'long-term' NFL success.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 01-28-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    What I'm saying is he has all the talent and intangibles to drive defenses crazy but once defenses figure him (his style of play) out his height & weight will become an issue on how long he lasts in the NFL world of giants. So yes if he were 4-6 inches taller (depending on what his true height is) and 10-20lbs heavier (depending on what his true weight is) I'd feel better about his possible 'long-term' NFL success.
    How do those 4-6 inches and 10-20 LBs make him a better QB though? He’s been short his whole life so he knows what he has to do to see the field, just like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees and every other short QB to come out. The NFL has perpetuated this myth that taller QBs see the field better but 90% of “seeing the field” comes from identifying the defense in your presnap read. That’s why a 6’8” QB like Osweiler is only mediocre at best. You don’t need to see the field to know that the deep middle of the field is open against a cover 2. As long as the QB can get the ball over his linemen then I don’t think height is too big of a factor.

Actually I wonder how a shorter QB effects the defense as it becomes harder for them to read the eyes of the QB, harder for the pass rushers to find the QB in the pocket, harder to avoid the head/neck area as well, less physical mass to grab ahold of, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    How do those 4-6 inches and 10-20 LBs make him a better QB though? He’s been short his whole life so he knows what he has to do to see the field, just like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees and every other short QB to come out. The NFL has perpetuated this myth that taller QBs see the field better but 90% of “seeing the field” comes from identifying the defense in your presnap read. That’s why a 6’8” QB like Osweiler is only mediocre at best. You don’t need to see the field to know that the deep middle of the field is open against a cover 2. As long as the QB can get the ball over his linemen then I don’t think height is too big of a factor.

Actually I wonder how a shorter QB effects the defense as it becomes harder for them to read the eyes of the QB, harder for the pass rushers to find the QB in the pocket, harder to avoid the head/neck area as well, less physical mass to grab ahold of, etc.
    I guess NFL 'durability' is what I'm using against him when it comes to his size and not football IQ.

If he were at least 6 feet tall and 200lbs I'd feel better about him 'surviving' in the NFL.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Murray = too small
    Murray =too small is an opinion not a fact.

I guess NFL 'durability' is what I'm using against him when it comes to his size and not football IQ.

If he were at least 6 feet tall and 200lbs I'd feel better about him 'surviving' in the NFL.
    But at the same time. Tua is that but he has way more injuries than Murray. Wants has the size and weight and look he can't stay healthy.

Jilian Edeman (who was a QB btw), Phil Lindsay, Desean jackson, Darren Sproles, Wes weker. Even Heman Sanders; theyre all within like an inch and 10lbs of each other. All are small. All have survived in the NFL.

Boss Bailey, Courtney Brown- big huge NFL specimens, always hurt! They retired early in their careers because they were always hurt. Size does not matter as much as people think.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

But at the same time. Tua is that but he has way more injuries than Murray. Wants has the size and weight and look he can't stay healthy.
    I think Tua is overrated

I think Elway definitely needs to explore this option!