Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 904
  1. #796
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Great news for those of us who think a Superbowl MVP would be an upgrade!

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m_campaign=nfl
    Itís horrible news if they trade for him. Bad news if they sign him as a free agent.

    Thereís a reason they rushed Wentz back after a couple of games.

    Foles is not the guy you want as your starter. You only want to count on him for spot duty.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  2. #797
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Great news for those of us who think a Superbowl MVP would be an upgrade!

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m_campaign=nfl
    And bad news for the team that actually signs him.

  3. #798
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,975
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Great news for those of us who think a Superbowl MVP would be an upgrade!

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m_campaign=nfl
    Jeff Hostetler comes to mind when I think of Nick Foles.

  4. #799
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,497
    My boss seems to think the Tampa Bay QB would be a good fit for us..... I don't know anything about him....gonna have to do some research....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  5. #800
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,153
    I prefer Tannehill to Winston. If I were to go free agent route, I would pursue Ryan T.

  6. #801
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,497
    Apparently Tampa Bay's new coach seems to like him.... but nobody else does... :shrug:
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  7. #802
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,826
    Now that Flacco is on board I imagine we still take a mid/late Rd flier on a QB in 2019.

    I am a big fan of Trace McSorely and I think he could add another dimension to our offense similar to the role Taysom Hill plays for the Saints.

    McSorley had a great Jr year- numbers were down as a Sr., but some of that is to be expected after losing Barkley, Hamilton and Gesicki to the NFL. He needs work and time under center, but I'm certain he's going to make a team. He's a great leader, is tough as nails and can add an RPO dimension to the offense that Flacco cant....plus I love his familiarity with Hamilton already. He is a player I know GMs and scouts have rated much higher than many mock draft guys are slotting him. Gruden got to work with him at the Sr bowl and it was interesting to see when he put him in the game. I expected to see him in there after some of the other guys, but McSorely was the second QB out and led a pretty good drive for their first score.

  8. #803
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    7,982
    Maybe Flacco opens the door for Brett Rypien in a later round.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  9. #804
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Maybe Flacco opens the door for Brett Rypien in a later round.
    It might allow us to draft Will Grier in the second if we have any real interest in him.

  10. #805
    broncolee is offline
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    7,982
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    It might allow us to draft Will Grier in the second if we have any real interest in him.
    I know people like the tough guy response but I think itís clear that Flacco doesnít like not feeling supported.

    He won the starting job over Jackson because the drafting of Jackson lit a fire under his ass.

    He then regressed, possibly because of the gadget plays with Jackson.

    I donít know if it would be a good idea to draft a quarterback early enough that people would expect a competition.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

  11. #806
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,353
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Now that Flacco is on board I imagine we still take a mid/late Rd flier on a QB in 2019.

    I am a big fan of Trace McSorely and I think he could add another dimension to our offense similar to the role Taysom Hill plays for the Saints.

    McSorley had a great Jr year- numbers were down as a Sr., but some of that is to be expected after losing Barkley, Hamilton and Gesicki to the NFL. He needs work and time under center, but I'm certain he's going to make a team. He's a great leader, is tough as nails and can add an RPO dimension to the offense that Flacco cant....plus I love his familiarity with Hamilton already. He is a player I know GMs and scouts have rated much higher than many mock draft guys are slotting him. Gruden got to work with him at the Sr bowl and it was interesting to see when he put him in the game. I expected to see him in there after some of the other guys, but McSorely was the second QB out and led a pretty good drive for their first score.
    i wouldn't touch mcsorely his arm is not nfl caliber and he is not fast enough to run like he did in college in the pros. he will have develope as a pocket passer and i don't think he has the arm to be elite at that.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  12. #807
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,955
    I like Gardner Minshew from Wash St.

    Haven't heard much buzz on him as far as draft stock but I've been pretty impressed with his story and what he was able to accomplish his senior year for Mike Leach in Washington St. With Flacco we won't really need someone to come in and compete right away but we need a guy who can show he can sit and learn and be ready to roll when the time comes for him to shine.

  13. #808
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    I like Gardner Minshew from Wash St.

    Haven't heard much buzz on him as far as draft stock but I've been pretty impressed with his story and what he was able to accomplish his senior year for Mike Leach in Washington St. With Flacco we won't really need someone to come in and compete right away but we need a guy who can show he can sit and learn and be ready to roll when the time comes for him to shine.
    If Minshew is on this team he has to shave off the cheesy looking moustache.

  14. #809
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i wouldn't touch mcsorely his arm is not nfl caliber and he is not fast enough to run like he did in college in the pros. he will have develope as a pocket passer and i don't think he has the arm to be elite at that.
    Accuracy wise maybe not, but he did play much better as a Jr with the skill position guys that dominated the snaps so it's hard to say. PSU started almost all new players at the skill positions except for QB, but one thing never changed and that was McSorleys toughness, leadership and knack to get things done in tough situations.

    His arm strength is as good as any of these guys and he will end up testing out as a great athlete. He definitely needs time to develop taking snaps under center but he is a great fit right away in TB, KC, HOU, and Balt as a backup or to a team who could be transitioning to a different style soon- similar to the way NO will with Brees and Hill. Can't wait to see him at the combine and pro day, he is going to go much higher than many people speculate IMO. I have watched him develop over the years and I'm excited for him to compete in the NFL.

  15. #810
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    If Minshew is on this team he has to shave off the cheesy looking moustache.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •