Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I want a LT so bad at 10. Though i would prefer the Bama one drop to 10 due to QB panicked teams rather than reach on any of the others projected lower.
    Id rather draft Cody Ford, hes not quite the prospect Nelson was but I think hes pretty damn close. Mammoth of a RT with good feet and a nasty streak.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I’d rather draft Cody Ford, he’s not quite the prospect Nelson was but I think he’s pretty damn close. Mammoth of a RT with good feet and a nasty streak.
    I love Cody Ford, and I will be banging the table for him come April. You could potentially move down 6-8 picks also and make that selection, getting back a pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I would commit the whole front end of this draft to the offensive line personally, and my ideal situation right now is to move down, get another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round, take Cody Ford, add T.J Hockenson, go after a guard like Michael Deiter, and add a quarterback like Finley, Rypien, or Stidham. I believe Flacco can be good enough to have us in the playoffs, but we need to protect the man, he can play when he has clean pocket to operate from, he has shown that.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I love Cody Ford, and I will be banging the table for him come April. You could potentially move down 6-8 picks also and make that selection, getting back a pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I would commit the whole front end of this draft to the offensive line personally, and my ideal situation right now is to move down, get another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round, take Cody Ford, add T.J Hockenson, go after a guard like Michael Deiter, and add a quarterback like Finley, Rypien, or Stidham. I believe Flacco can be good enough to have us in the playoffs, but we need to protect the man, he can play when he has clean pocket to operate from, he has shown that.
    I could be down with this theory......free agency on defense for Fangio and Donetell, while going heavy on offence for Flacco and Scangrello/Munchack !!!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I could be down with this theory......free agency on defense for Fangio and Donetell, while going heavy on offence for Flacco and Scangrello/Munchack !!!
    Isnt that what Shanahan did his entire tenure in Denver? Defensive free agents and draft offense

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Isnt that what Shanahan did his entire tenure in Denver? Defensive free agents and draft offense
    No he burned quite a few high picks on defensive busts: In 2001: 1st: Willie Middlebrooks (51 games, 2 starts), 2nd: Paul Toviessi (never dressed for a game). In 2002 3rd: Dorsett Davis (14 games in 1 season). In 2003 2nd: Terry Pierce (18 games over 2 seasons), 4th: Nick Eason (117 career games 0 with Denver), 4th: Bryant McNeal (never dressed for a game). In 2004: 3rd: Jeremy LaSeur (2 career games, neither with Denver). In 2005 and 2006 he did okay. Then 2007: 1st: Jarvis Moss (Played 34 games in Denver starting 1 and getting 3.5 sacks), 2nd: Tim Crowder (Played 19 games in Denver starting 1), 4th: Marcus Thomas (borderline whiff, because he did last 76 games with 34 starts in Denver but recorded just 1 sack).

It seemed like he didn't draft any defense because most of the defense he did draft amounted to wasted picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    No he burned quite a few high picks on defensive busts: In 2001: 1st: Willie Middlebrooks (51 games, 2 starts), 2nd: Paul Toviessi (never dressed for a game). In 2002 3rd: Dorsett Davis (14 games in 1 season). In 2003 2nd: Terry Pierce (18 games over 2 seasons), 4th: Nick Eason (117 career games 0 with Denver), 4th: Bryant McNeal (never dressed for a game). In 2004: 3rd: Jeremy LaSeur (2 career games, neither with Denver). In 2005 and 2006 he did okay. Then 2007: 1st: Jarvis Moss (Played 34 games in Denver starting 1 and getting 3.5 sacks), 2nd: Tim Crowder (Played 19 games in Denver starting 1), 4th: Marcus Thomas (borderline whiff, because he did last 76 games with 34 starts in Denver but recorded just 1 sack).

It seemed like he didn't draft any defense because most of the defense he did draft amounted to wasted picks.
    Jeez I forgot just how horrid some of those picks were.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    As of now it sounds like that but when its all said and done I think Ford is the first lineman off the board with Jawaan Taylor coming off the board quickly after that. Id be happy with either one of them though. I have some reservations about Jonah Williams and Greg Little. Williams is a great technician but lacks length and that mean streak to finish blocks. Little might be the most physically talented in the draft but hes really raw, super soft and flat out lazy, still might be worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd if Munchak can get him to work on his game. Depending on the scheme Yodney Cajuste could be a terrific OG, possibly a very good OT if he drops some weight.

Id like Ford/Taylor in the 1st, maybe come back with a CB or Jeffrey Simmons in round 2 depending on free agency, and then pick up Cajuste to play RG in the 3rd. Not sure where Cajuste is projected right now though.