Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I'd give Kelly a shot at least as soon as this becomes a lost season if it does. If not I may do it earlier cause Keenum has played terribly
    If there is a change, it likely wont be until week 11 at the bye. However, the wheels would really need to fall off.

Forget the prospects and go get Luck and save him from that talentless team. It will cost you a ton but it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If there is a change, it likely wont be until week 11 at the bye. However, the wheels would really need to fall off.
    if we drop out of play off contention and keenum is still playing like he is i would switch to kelly

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    I like what Iíve seen from Herbert and Grier.

Itís tragic that Lynch didnít pan out. We need to go get our own Mahomes.
    Yeah, us and practically every other team in out there. Even if many teams have a decent QB now, if there is a chance for them to find another Mahomes with a new draftee, they will go after them. Call it the "Mahomes Syndrome" now.

Mahomes is gonna take a step back during this season and probably next season. it will also be interesting to see how he does when Kelce retires

oakland raders gm

Stidham, grier and hebert can all be possibilities. I dont think we will do bad enough next year to be 1, 2 or 3 so we would have to trade up for tua, fromm or eason.

Im not completely familiar with any of them. Id be okay not drafting a qb this year if the plan was to go after tua or fromm. Eason ive heard is really good too but why go with eason if you can get fromm.

Its a huge *if* but it would be nice if they went out next year and got themselves some solutions at oline, cb or lb. Plenty of oline guys available along with what seems to be a few cb and linebackers
    Glen Haven Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUQI...F03Fada2If0Xli top 8 qbs by the pff rankings

discuss will grier is defintelly a name to look at. Tua is gonna be a great but he wont be available this draft.

oakland raders gm

QB in the draft

Folks, we have needed a QB for the last few drafts. The last 2 drafts have yielded 6, thats SIX, starting QBs in the NFL already. And, I dare say, all 6 of them look OK even though they are usually paired with a pretty bad team.
    2 years ago, perhaps our draft position was too low to take a gamble like the Chiefs did but we could have done it. And, then this last draft. We were sitting at 5 with 4 of those starters in the draft.
    Realistically, no one was going to talk Cleveland out of the top spot, but we saw the other spots were available for the right trade, and if Darnold and Mayfield were the only ones our draft team thought were worthy, OK, but we could of had Allen or Rosen. Just watch Allen's highlights and imagine that guy running our offense. 3rd and 5 and the receivers are covered, no worries, he'll scramble for the first. Rosen? His locker room is saying he's great and humble.
    I know enough about the draft history to know you can't always predict just how a player will blossom, but the teams that took those QBs have all had their 1st round QBs bust. It's not like anyone has escaped that burn. We can't let the Lynch situation taint how we look at these players.
    Look at those 4 from the last draft and ask yourself if there are ANY of them you wouldn't trade for Keenum in a heartbeat. I suppose it's totally unfair to the scouting dept to use this kind of hindsight, but gee whiz we had a great draft spot with one of the richest QB hauls in decades and we don't roll the dice? I was especially disappointed to hear Elway describe the selection of Chubb as "When Chubb was there at 5 we knew he was the one" or something to that effect. So rather than go for Allen or Rosen we took the obviously good player and essentially settled for the safe choice.
    Does anyone think the next draft when we are sure to have another high draft position will have those kind of choices at QB? I don't. I've looked at the likely list and there are a couple worth a shot, but none of them measure up to the top 4 of last year. And, those QB from this last draft are not without blemishes and they play on bad teams and they all are going to go through lumps and may never be all-pro, whereas, Chubb may well be an all-pro someday. My fear, though, is Chubb will be a pro bowler on a losing team.
    Folks, in this NFL you have to reach for a QB if you don't have one. If we spend our next 3 or 4 first round draft choices to get that QB then that is what we have to do. And, we can't wait to be bad enough to get the number one overall as that puts way too much into which year you suk badly enough to get that number 1 overall. Nope, you've got to identify your guy and do whatever is necessary to get him.

In the upcoming draft the only QB which makes me wonder is McSorley. Yes, he's too short and maybe not as accurate as you'd want, but the guy is a gamer and a scrambler. I believe he will not cost us our number 1 either as I think we can get him in the second. I'm not saying he's another Mayfield but he is a bit like him. I have no idea what our scouts think of him or others in the draft but I sure hope they identify at least 1 and maybe 2 that we go after.

Not drafting a QB last year was a monumental mistake. Why they ever thought they could get by with Keenum is beyond me.

Look at many of the successful teams the last few years, teams like the Rams/Eagles, the Seahawks a few years ago. They're successful because they have QBs on rookie contracts. The low priced 5 year contracts give a long grace period to build a solid team.

Take Josh Allen as an example, picked at 7th his current cap hit is 1/4 of Keenums. QBs on rookie contracts make way more sense than overpriced free agents.

Problem is the Qb group that just got drafted doesnt come around every year. We were at #5. We could have made a move or took Rosen . I'm just hoping that Kelly is the answer . From his body of work that we saw I think he very could possibly be the guy.

As you know from other threads, I agree 100% with you Chop. I wonder if Denver would go for Justin Herbert. This mock had us going there, but I don't think he'd be available at 12 (although I don't think we are going to be picking that late either).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-pick-justin-herbert-niners-take-big-receiver-at-no-2/amp/

Extending plays check.
    Consistency check.
    Accuracy check.
    Quick reads and gets ball out check.
    Last edited by Humberg; 10-08-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Draft QB Justin Herbert ?

Is this guy our future QB????

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    As you know from other threads, I agree 100% with you Chop. I wonder if Denver would go for Justin Herbert. This mock had us going there, but I don't think he'd be available at 12 (although I don't think we are going to be picking that late either).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...r-at-no-2/amp/

Extending plays check.
    Consistency check.
    Accuracy check.
    Quick reads and gets ball out check.
    if he is there he would be good to look at he is the best pro prospect in this coming up draft. probably followed by Stidham lock and Grier. so if he is there it may be worth looking into but i don't seem much of a difference between Grier and Stidham, and grier may be available late first or early second. i think lock is a bust. and Stidham is a real question mark. it will be interesting to see his arm in the offseason and more games. he has every thing else except he may have a below average arm. his i football IG is there. Grier has it all, but he is a questionable Character type of guy. he got suspended and booted from Florida. he also looks like the best QB in a offense that doesn't translate well to the nfl. i think his upside is really high

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I dont know about Ben, but Brady doesnt take pay cuts, he restructures, and sometimes ends up with more money than when he started. The only big name QB I remember taking a cut was Manning in his last year.
    Yes and no. Manning took a straight cut but re-added it as signing bonus if we won/made the divisional round and SB. So in the end he made the exact same pay.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Problem is the Qb group that just got drafted doesnt come around every year. We were at #5. We could have made a move or took Rosen . I'm just hoping that Kelly is the answer . From his body of work that we saw I think he very could possibly be the guy.
    Kelly would have to pull of some monumental stuff in order to keep the job thatís for sure.