Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Tim Tebow won a playoff game, too. And he worked harder than anyone else. That didn't change the fact that he was a terrible NFL QB. Case Keenum is what he is, a thoroughly mediocre journeyman.
    Wasn't Nick Foles a journeyman? Does Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, etc. have elite talent? It takes brains to win in the clutch
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Wasn't Nick Foles a journeyman? Does Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, etc. have elite talent? It takes brains to win in the clutch
    Nick Foles played on a stacked team. Just as Keenum did. As far as Brees and Brady having elite talent, of course they do. They're two of the all time greats. Eli isn't elite, but he has had moments of greatness.

Found this on YouTube, Nate Stanley's 9th Division 1 start against 6th ranked Ohio State last season. Looked a little jumpy on the first few series but settled in and looked like an NFL quarterback to me, he has all the tools and is only getting better and better. CBS doesn't even have him ranked inside the top 100 prospects though, I don't understand that at all. The Iowa tight end Noah Fant, he is pencilled in as a first round pick at this point, and he looks to be a play maker, Iowa have some talent on that offense.

I don't know anymore... it's so hard to tell if any of these guys are going to be successful. Case Keenum holds about every record in NCAA passing history, yet he's still struggling this far into his NFL career. You just never know with these guys.

I watched some of Herbert’s games and his ability to put the ball where he wants it is very impressive. I still like Grier and his fire for the game and how he gets everyone involved but Herbert would be a good QB to build around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post

Found this on YouTube, Nate Stanley's 9th Division 1 start against 6th ranked Ohio State last season. Looked a little jumpy on the first few series but settled in and looked like an NFL quarterback to me, he has all the tools and is only getting better and better. CBS doesn't even have him ranked inside the top 100 prospects though, I don't understand that at all. The Iowa tight end Noah Fant, he is pencilled in as a first round pick at this point, and he looks to be a play maker, Iowa have some talent on that offense.
    Fant is a guy to look at with our 2nd rounder(potential move back up into the 1st)

Daniel jones from duke may be a possibilty. Guess the knock on him was downfield accuracy and that hes made some strides this year. His coach at duke trained eli and peyton

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/09/...-nfl-prospect/
    Glen Haven Fire

Elway was at the Oregon v Washington game today, it's a pretty good bet he was there looking at Justin Herbert.

6'6 234, big arm, athletic and accurate. That's a pretty good QB to go all-in for. If it means keeping Joseph all year to get him, then that's what you do.

of course the Giants are heavily scouting him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    6'6 234, big arm, athletic and accurate. That's a pretty good QB to go all-in for. If it means keeping Joseph all year to get him, then that's what you do.

i think regardless you get rid of joseph around week 12-13 so you can start an early search and have a bunch canidates lined up right as the season ends. can't sleep on anything.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I definitely think the Giants will be our biggest competition for Herbert. Unfortunately, they also have a reasonable chance of having the worst record in the league. Hopefully a team like the Raiders or Cardinals will do worse.
    Last edited by gerontion; 10-13-2018 at 10:37 PM.

To me this class is either herbert or Grier. If neither of them are open I wouldn't touch another qb

If Dwayne Haskins declares early, I would put him up there with Justin Herbert for QB1 of this draft.

As we are on track to secure yet another top 5 pick in the draft, it is time to invest in a smart, confident franchise leader who we can build our offense around for the next 15 years. With Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, and Hamilton, we only need to shore up (a.k.a. make major upgrades) our offensive line.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Mack Wilson ILB Alabama. If No Herbert then it better be this guy. See failures at ILB as the crippling factor for this D. Who cares if you have take a MLB higher than people say you should. I won't change my vote all year.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Mack Wilson ILB Alabama. If No Herbert then it better be this guy. See failures at ILB as the crippling factor for this D. Who cares if you have take a MLB higher than people say you should. I won't change my vote all year.
    Too bad players from Bama aren't considered by this genius scouting dept.