Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Post game -- Denver and Baltimore

Who honestly didn't see this coming, The Broncos have almost never done great on early East coast games. It was a crappy game, not great reffing, and against a solid team at home. Chiefs next week at home. Let's go get em.

I don't feel like VJ's seat got any hotter today, if you were expecting anything different you haven't been watching Broncos Football for the past few years, they have always played poorly on the road on the east coast early, including with Shanny as coach or Peyton as QB...
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

VJ's seat got hotter without a doubt, albeit not due to the result. It's evident how unprepared and undisciplined the team looked, even setting aside the awful officiating. VJ always loves to say, "...and that's on me" in his press conferences, so you can bet the F.O. and fans alike will hold him to that.

That being said, there's probably no mid-season coaching change in the future since there really aren't any qualified interim candidates. But today's result will factor into the decision to keep or remove VJ at the end of the season.

Phillip Lindsey Ejection and Random Thoughts

I saw the play for the second time around on youtube, and while it was unfortunate he was ejected I don't hold the play against him. It looked like Marlon Humphrey dove in at the pile late and popped Jared Veldheer and Phillip took exception to it and dove in and popped Humphrey. It's hard to see after that what happened that enticed Lindsay to throw the three jabs, but still I don't blame him for it. Lindsay is undersized for this league, but he's a scrapper and plays like he's 6'5''. He wasn't afraid to stand up for a teammate at the expense of his own body. I just hope he doesn't get suspended or even fined, but he probably will be at least fined.

All that being said, what are all your thoughts on the play?

(As an aside, did anyone see the block in the back that negated Chris Harris's T.D on the blocked kick? They didn't have an angle on it during the live game, which was strange to me because if there was a block in the back it certainly wasn't against a player in play to make a tackle. But rules are rules, and a block in the back is a block in the back.)

Tough loss overall, but the Bronco's can regain control of the AFC west next week with a solid showing.

I miss the no fly zone . Defense still looks respectable though.

Yiadom.... Got a penalty when he wasn't even on the field... Not sure what to think about that.

Well on to next week!

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    Who honestly didn't see this coming, The Broncos have almost never done great on early East coast games. It was a crappy game, not great reffing, and against a solid team at home. Chiefs next week at home. Let's go get em.

I don't feel like VJ's seat got any hotter today, if you were expecting anything different you haven't been watching Broncos Football for the past few years, they have always played poorly on the road on the east coast early, including with Shanny as coach or Peyton as QB...
    Hmmmm...donít remember manning losing too many road games period. Doubtful we lost very many early road games with him either.

To me I didnt really see a punch, more like trying to get guys off him. Some nasty stuff happens in those piles, so who knows. By the letter of the law I guess it was warranted however to me that was intended for things like Talib and Crabtree, or Andre Johnson and Courtland Finnegan.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    To me I didnt really see a punch, more like trying to get guys off him. Some nasty stuff happens in those piles, so who knows. By the letter of the law I guess it was warranted however to me that was intended for things like Talib and Crabtree, or Andre Johnson and Courtland Finnegan.
    Watch the replay:

https://youtu.be/IdXdMFWewF4

He threw at least two if not three punches. No question he was going after the Ravens player for diving in. There should have been multiple penalties but a player wonít getaway with punching with the official looking straight down on what happened.

I give him credit for defending his teammate but you have to play smart and throwing punches isnít smart. I donít know if the Broncos would have comeback but losing him was significant.

I saw him swinging. The ref was right above him when it happened. Hate to say it but it was the right call. Regardless of whatís going on, Lindsay needs to be smarter. His ejection changed our gameplanning

The fact that the announcers never mentioned Humphrey's dirty late hit that prompted Lindsey to dive in and protect his teammate drove me insane. Lindsey shouldn't have thrown a punch but the fact that there wasn't offsetting penalties was a shining example of how one sided the officiating was today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
    Hmmmm...donít remember manning losing too many road games period. Doubtful we lost very many early road games with him either.
    Lol this guy comparing our offense now to when Peyton was here. Laughable. Iím sure if we had Peyton and VJ was still our HC Iím sure we would have still won most of the road games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Watch the replay:

https://youtu.be/IdXdMFWewF4

He threw at least two if not three punches. No question he was going after the Ravens player for diving in. There should have been multiple penalties but a player wonít getaway with punching with the official looking straight down on what happened.

I give him credit for defending his teammate but you have to play smart and throwing punches isnít smart. I donít know if the Broncos would have comeback but losing him was significant.
    The ravens player did push him, to me those were get off me "punches" not exactly attempt to injure. Like I said the correct call by the letter, but not exactly what I believe it was intended for.

[/QUOTE] He threw at least two if not three punches. No question he was going after the Ravens player for diving in. There should have been multiple penalties but a player won’t getaway with punching with the official looking straight down on what happened. [/QUOTE]

I thought the same, it should have been two penalties for unnecessary roughness, which would have resulted in the two calls offsetting each other. Although, whenever punches (or jabs) are thrown the refs have to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
    VJ's seat got hotter without a doubt, albeit not due to the result. It's evident how unprepared and undisciplined the team looked, even setting aside the awful officiating. VJ always loves to say, "...and that's on me" in his press conferences, so you can bet the F.O. and fans alike will hold him to that.

That being said, there's probably no mid-season coaching change in the future since there really aren't any qualified interim candidates. But today's result will factor into the decision to keep or remove VJ at the end of the season.
    I do blame VJ for something but there are times where you have to blame the players too. Yiadom pentalty on the sideline for shoving someone( help lead to Ravens first Td) , Wolfe lining up offsides( extending a drive), Von timing a snap wrong, and Leary getting an roughness pen that booted us out of FG range.

The ejection of Lindsay was the right call. I'm more upset with CBS for not showing replays of the block in the back penalty on 77 during the blocked FG return and the UR against Ron Leary. CBS needs to show those plays because they were massive.

I was also really disappointed that the Ravens hammered a Bronco from behind on their first KOR and there was no call, but then they called Yiadom for UR when the Ravens player ran into him on the sideline.

Bad calls happen both ways during a game, and they usually even out during a season, but it's just frustrating to watch penalty after penalty against Denver when the Ravens players seemed to get called for next to nothing. I get a bad call here and there, but call it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The ravens player did push him, to me those were get off me "punches" not exactly attempt to injure. Like I said the correct call by the letter, but not exactly what I believe it was intended for.
    Itís one of those situations where no matter what happened he made the last move swinging. Canít do it.

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post

We started 2-0 last year too.