Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Long term QB plans ?

Given that Case is distinctively average and 2019 free agency useless, what are the realistic long terms plans at QB ?

This is a great thread, Iíve been wondering the same thing. Call it what you will, but this Broncos team is quietly in the starting phase of a rebuild. We did a nice job of drafting talented, young offensive players this year with a look to the future and dumping some spendy contracts. Our interior D line will be looking for some youth injection soon as well and that could be an area of focus for the Broncos in the 2019 draft. The question is, how will we move forward at the QB position and keep our receiving and running core growing? Our team needs a future starter with some fire and energy (aka: Baker Mayfield), that can grow and lead a young core to be electric.

if this becomes a lost season expect kelly to see some time. if not he is not on the roster. Kelly's the only the one on the roster that can be a franchise QB, Keenum is what you call a bridge QB. he is good enough to start. but you don't want him starting. Qb and OT are what we need on offense. and we need CB and ILb on defense mainly to truely being a competitive team for the super bowl, a good OG would help leary has been underwhelming.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Draft Josh Allen... oh, wait...

We may get a chance to see Kelly soon enough, if don't start blocking for our QB better. This new "You can't hit the QB even when you can't stop from hitting the QB rule" might help Keenum stay in longer. In reality can Chad Kelly throw less picks and more completions than Keenum right now? I know I can't answer that question yes with a real firm conviction. But if Keenum doesn't either get better play calling or make better decisions Chad Kelly may find out what he can do soon enough.

Long term is to draft a QB next year. We will probably have to trade up (8-8 record would put us at 15-20) in order to get something decent right away and not a first round "project".

To be honest, the game last night tells me that part of the issues are still with the o LINE. Bolles was eating the corn nuts out of Suggs underwear.

I didn't see case have much time yesterday. For us to get a good answer the online needs to buy keenum some time.

However the previous mistakes made by case earlier this year tells me he doesn't make the best decisions either. Still too early for me to make an opinion.

It really doesnít matter as long as VJ and Woods are here.

Fromm in '20......?
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Fromm in '20......?
    possibly
    Glen Haven Fire

Let's not discount Kelly just yet...

Some self inflicted bad luck toward the end of his college career but I saw some of that pedigree flash this off season. Maybe we should build an O-line first.
    [

I've been reading some good things about Auburn's Jarrett Stidham. Here's a profile of him that lauds his mobility and football IQ.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...19jstidham.php

Try and get Roethlisberger or Rivers. I want another SB run.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    It really doesnít matter as long as VJ and Woods are here.
    Exactly! We could have an all world roster and those two will coach them into a below .500 season. They are position coaches...period.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    It really doesn’t matter as long as VJ and Woods are here.
    Starting to wonder if Elway has the ability to build a good offense here without PM