Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Not after 3 weeks you dont...
    I love my broncos but they wont beat KC. The Jets, ill give them a 60/40 chance then you got the RAMS.

We very well could see a 4 game skid.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    I love my broncos but they wont beat KC. The Jets, ill give them a 60/40 chance then you got the RAMS.

Could.....

Could also see 3-1 out of that too.....

I'll CP bet you Denver beats 1 of Chiefs or Rams???? What say you???

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    ^^^^^

This, I find it comical that the team is lost and already picking 1st overall in next years draft after 1 loss. No need to even play anymore games I guess. Fire VJ.....Fire Woods.....Bench Keenum and start Kelly.....Trade DT.....Trade Chubb because he doesn't already have 10 sacks.....Trade Von because his contract is costing the team too much.....

You want to be the Denver Browns??? there is your game plan
    Who said to trade Von because he is costing too much?

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

We might only win 1 out of the next 9. Cards and Texans are the best shots to win out of those 9.

We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with bonehead mistakes. I think VJ said we gave up 20 points on penalties. Mike Kliss on TV said he thought it was more like 38 that we either gave up or prevented us from scoring.

One example, when Derek Wolfe lined up off sides, giving Balt a first down when we stopped them on third down. Baltimore marched down the field after than penalty and scored a TD. There's no excuse for a DL to line up offsides and that isn't bad coaching. Every player from Pee Wee football on up knows not to line up offsides.

Then there's the Garret Bolles take-down hold that cost us a 39 yard gain on a DT reception. Add in the holding penalty on the TD resulting from the blocked FG and Keenum's unforced INT.

Without these 4 plays it's an entirely different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Who said to trade Von because he is costing too much?
    Idk, probably nobody....just seems to be the mindset lately. Fire everyone and abandon ship because we lost a game

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    VJ, Woods, Musgrave, Keenum, Roby, and King all need to improve this season or be replaced. The team is mediocre right now, ranked in the middle of the pack in all three phases at Football Outsiders.

In our next games, I'd like to see:

1) a motivated, focused, disciplined and prepared team
    2) run the ball more please to control clock and especially on 3rd and short when Lindsay is in the game
    3) better coverage in the secondary especially the middle
    4) longer punts
    5) Better QB play:
    a) faster decisions
    b) better accuracy beyond 20 yds from scrimmage
    c) scrambling for yards if it's there or no one's open
    d) ball security - NO turnovers from the QB position!!!
    Sure. Replace HC, DC, OC, starting QB, Corner and Punter. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sure. Replace HC, DC, OC, starting QB, Corner and Punter. No problem.
    I never said doing that would be easy, and I didn't suggest doing all that now either, but that's where I think some of our problems are currently and if they don't improve over the course of the season, these guys gotta go if we're ever going to get back into playoff contention.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

If Tampa 2 and Cover 2 are to be shown and used, Cover 2 Robber should be used as well.
    Ok, what's cover 2 robber involve, if I may ask??

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!

On offense, start targeting Sanders, Suttons and Hamilton more, DT less. Air out more attempts (as safely as possible) and mix in middle screens to Lindsay and Freeman (Booker should sit). Target the TEs more (even without Butt, use them). Can we please run more off tackle so there is variety. For Keenum, utilize some roll-outs to help the line and give Case an easier read with an extra second or so. But, Keenum seriously needs to make better decisions. Overall, I'd like to see a super aggressive style since Denver has so much talent at skill positions. If you lose, go down swinging for the fences while still running a lot and aggressively.

Defense is tougher. They need to add at least one more corner. I hope the trend toward Jewell continues in the middle at LB. Someone (!!) on defense has to play short middle zone and at least make the tackle. Jettison Cravens and Brock, neither player have added anything to this team. Play Ray less and Barrett more. Dress Walker and get him in the game. Can Yiadom play slot in order to shorten his coverage time responsibility?

Just thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post

As I know it (And it can mean different things in different defenses) from a 4-3: You've got your corners playing deep, you've got your 3 backers and strong safety playing 4 underneath zones and then your free safety as a free flow player basically reading things and going to the play. He can be a spy on the QB, or he could be reading the release of a certain player, or you could even single him up on a specific player while playing cover 2 from the other 6 players.

Sam may know it differently, but that's how I know cover 2 robber.

Quote Originally Posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post

Show deep halves and rotate one Safety to deep middle and the other halfway between him and LOS is one way to do it. Shows middle of field open pre-snap and closes it after the snap. PM was picked at Atlanta in 2012 on Cover 2 Robber.

Show deep halves and rotate one Safety to deep middle and the other halfway between him and LOS is one way to do it. Shows middle of field open pre-snap and closes it after the snap. PM was picked at Atlanta in 2012 on Cover 2 Robber.
    So you do know it differently than I do. But it sounds like a variation of Tampa 2. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I never said doing that would be easy, and I didn't suggest doing all that now either, but that's where I think some of our problems are currently and if they don't improve over the course of the season, these guys gotta go if we're ever going to get back into playoff contention.
    The Sirens are trying to lure us to the panic button.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So you do know it differently than I do. But it sounds like a variation of Tampa 2. I like it.
    If any Cover 2/deep halves look is shown, all ways to play it must be used. Tampa 2 has a Backer in man on a seam receiver. Robber has a Safety coming forward breaking on the ball.