Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

How can we fix the team.

I know everybody want VJ gone. In everybodyís opinion what needs to be done? Iím gonna think before I post what I think.

Losing a game does not mean the team is broken. Sure, there is room for improvement-- lot's of room, but this is a team with a lot of weapons that just needs to bring it together.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Case has to play better, he has a turnover in every game. I thought we were done with that last year.
    I agree with CHJ that defense needs a little more disguise.
    Can't sleepwalk through 3 quarters.
    Limit the penalties.
    Receivers need to catch.
    We need some corner help badly.
    COVER TEs. For the love of God, the middle of the field is wide open.
    Draft some better LBs. I feel like we have some of the weaker LBs in the league.
    Oh, and Vance too. Dude continues to do some absolute head scratching things.

I dont see it improving unless coaching improves.

Id still bring in breeland like someone mentioned. Like ive said before id bring reid in for a visit as well. Im not sure who you could trade for right now but yiadom probably should be on the ps and at this point i have no faith in jones or brock staying healthy

Cap space is going to be tight so make sure to hit on every draft
    Glen Haven Fire

Case needs to protect the ball better . 4 ints in the red zone . Lb need to step up and guard the middle , a lot of the D is on woods . Players need to play with better discipline. We've had too many penalties that have negated first downs and pushed us out of fg range . We have left way too many points on the board .

To me, on O it’s all about the qb play... the other pieces are there..,we just need production there.

On D. Stop with the soft zone and disguise a play once in a while..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Steps to fix it

1 Joe Woods needs to figure out how to contest the middle of the field.

2. WR needs to catch the ball. Those drops are throwing the rhythm off and killing drives. Especially DT and Sutton.

3. Bolles needs to step up and give Keenum more time.

4. Keenum needs to know who his go to guy is. I'm sorry it's not DT. Stick with Sanders

5. Phillip Lindsey should be our primary weapon. I believe he is special. He reminds me of Jamal Charles. Small guy that can find his way through piles.

6. More rb screens to slow the pass rush and help the line.

7. More wr screens for Thomas to build his confidence.

Thomas is just afraid to get hit. IF that means lack of confidence then ... well ...... I just don't think it is. I mean he's afraid alright. But nothing is gonna change at this point in his career. Maybe he's smart.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    Case has to play better, he has a turnover in every game. I thought we were done with that last year.
    I agree with CHJ that defense needs a little more disguise.
    Can't sleepwalk through 3 quarters.
    Limit the penalties.
    Receivers need to catch.
    We need some corner help badly.
    COVER TEs. For the love of God, the middle of the field is wide open.
    Draft some better LBs. I feel like we have some of the weaker LBs in the league.
    Oh, and Vance too. Dude continues to do some absolute head scratching things.
    Agreed!

That said, here's my glass half full. Outside of the Chiefs and the Saints every other team has looked very pedestrian at some point. All of the above is true and then some but we get to measure ourselves against the best team in the league right now hands down. Something tells me we actually give them a run for their money and possibly pull off the upset.

We will have to change up something like CHJ said, jam the receivers for cryin' out loud. Throw timing off and give our pass rush a shot to welcome Mahomes to the NFL. Has he been smacked yet? I mean really smacked...

Call some plays on first down besides a run and then another run. Bootleg anybody? Seriously, what have we got to lose? Nobody is giving us a prayer in this game, go for broke, show up angry (but don't throw a punch please). Let's not make it an automatic L!
    [

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Thomas is just afraid to get hit. IF that means lack of confidence then ... well ...... I just don't think it is. I mean he's afraid alright. But nothing is gonna change at this point in his career. Maybe he's smart.

I agree he is scared. I would use him as an expensive decoy. Throw him some short passes on a screen here and there and dump him in the off season.

We canít fix anything with the Broncos.

Keenum must play better. One game without an INT.

Reduce penalties.

Jones and Brock should be healthy. Move Jones outside and Roby back inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Losing a game does not mean the team is broken. Sure, there is room for improvement-- lot's of room, but this is a team with a lot of weapons that just needs to bring it together.
    Thank you. We already know what most of the replies will be. So this just seems like another version of an existing thread that is still ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Case needs to protect the ball better . 4 ints in the red zone . Lb need to step up and guard the middle , a lot of the D is on woods . Players need to play with better discipline. We've had too many penalties that have negated first downs and pushed us out of fg range . We have left way too many points on the board .
    All excellent points that I agree with. Case is starting to concern me. In the first 2 games, while I hated the interceptions, he remained aggressive and made plays when they counted. Yesterday, he played like he was scared to make a mistake and held onto the ball far too long. That's almost worse, because inevitably you will still make mistakes playing that way. I want him to remain aggressive, just be smarter with some of the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    To me, on O it’s all about the qb play... the other pieces are there..,we just need production there.

On D. Stop with the soft zone and disguise a play once in a while..
    I'll cosign this. That sums it up pretty succinctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Agreed!

That said, here's my glass half full. Outside of the Chiefs and the Saints every other team has looked very pedestrian at some point. All of the above is true and then some but we get to measure ourselves against the best team in the league right now hands down. Something tells me we actually give them a run for their money and possibly pull off the upset.

We will have to change up something like CHJ said, jam the receivers for cryin' out loud. Throw timing off and give our pass rush a shot to welcome Mahomes to the NFL. Has he been smacked yet? I mean really smacked...

Call some plays on first down besides a run and then another run. Bootleg anybody? Seriously, what have we got to lose? Nobody is giving us a prayer in this game, go for broke, show up angry (but don't throw a punch please). Let's not make it an automatic L!
    In principle I agree with what you said. However, to me the Rams are the only team that look elite. The Chiefs and Saints are explosive offensively but are pretty bad defensively. But I agree that every other team looks pretty pedestrian.
    Last edited by cirehawk; 09-24-2018 at 07:30 PM.