Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who wants to talk about our next game? You know, the Jets?

I think itís time we move on. You donít have to mind you, you can continue to mire around in the muck of what has been a disappointment of a start of the season, based on our always positive, orange colored glasses expectations. Or you can move on to the next game, which is the Jets.

This is a game I feel we should win. However, there are some aspects about it that make me leery.

Number one, itís on the East Coast with that early start time.

Two, itís on a short week.

Three, according to at least one article Iíve read, there is some huge questioning being done by the players, specifically our team leaders, on some of the coaching calls. Maybe even suggesting some frustration on their part about not being given the best opportunity to succeed. This is huge to me.

This leads me to believe that this game is your classic trap game. (*PAUSE HERE for complaints about the term ďtrap gameĒ*)

I feel we should win, but if we donít, if we play with lackluster effort, something reminiscent of last season.....I think this is the game that players/front office/ fans will point at as the game that determined the fate of our coaching staff and our team this season.

And that, in itself, makes this game highly important to me.

So who cares to share what they know about what we are facing? Thoughts everyone?
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Part of me wants the Jets to stomp the Broncos into a grease spot. It'll usher VJ out the door that much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    I think it’s time we move on. You don’t have to mind you, you can continue to mire around in the muck of what has been a disappointment of a start of the season, based on our always positive, orange colored glasses expectations. Or you can move on to the next game, which is the Jets.

This is a game I feel we should win. However, there are some aspects about it that make me leery.

Number one, it’s on the East Coast with that early start time.

Two, it’s on a short week.

Three, according to at least one article I’ve read, there is some huge questioning being done by the players, specifically our team leaders, on some of the coaching calls. Maybe even suggesting some frustration on their part about not being given the best opportunity to succeed. This is huge to me.

This leads me to believe that this game is your classic trap game. (*PAUSE HERE for complaints about the term “trap game”*)

I feel we should win, but if we don’t, if we play with lackluster effort, something reminiscent of last season.....I think this is the game that players/front office/ fans will point at as the game that determined the fate of our coaching staff and our team this season.

And that, in itself, makes this game highly important to me.

So who cares to share what they know about what we are facing? Thoughts everyone?
    If the Broncos have any hope of making the postseason, this is a must win. I also agree that a lackluster performance will reflect very poorly on VJ and could lead to an unraveling similar to last year.

I'm hoping denver comes out and just pounds the ball via Lindsey and Freeman. And hope the defense shuts down the jets run game and forces them to throw and get after darnold.

We have the ability to do that the question becomes do we do that or try to get cute and throw the game away with bad decisions.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

They have to win this game to keep pace. That said, I felt the same about Buffalo last year. Should have won, should have been prepared, should not have had a horrible performance against an inferior squad. The lack of preparation and in-game adjustments killed the donks in Buffalo; like it or not, this IS a trap game. The loss against the Chiefs was an emotional drain... good coaching can get the team through something like that. Does the team have enough in the tank to power through adversity? Weíll see on Sunday @11:00. I anticipate a 17-10 type affair with the Donks on top. Hopefully.

I hope we don't have another young QB Look like Joe Montana against us.
    We have to beat the Jets.
    This would be like getting beat by the Giants last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    If the Broncos have any hope of making the postseason, this is a must win. I also agree that a lackluster performance will reflect very poorly on VJ and could lead to an unraveling similar to last year.
    Not necessarily true. We can make the playoffs with a 5 loss season, perhaps even 6 losses. A good thrashing by the Jets may help Elway to decide that it is time to bid VJ a much delayed, goodbye! I think we need to get rid of most of our coaches, especially our DC.

Early East coast game.. pencil in an L

This one is a must win. Jets opened as 2.5 point favorites but heavy betting (88%) on the Broncos has driven it down to 1 point.

We need to take advantage of the Jets weak offensive line and get to the quarterback more - all game not just 2 or 3 quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Part of me wants the Jets to stomp the Broncos into a grease spot. It'll usher VJ out the door that much quicker.
    Boo.

The coach could be Satan but I would never want our boys to get stomped. Ever.

Even in our wins this year there has been a lot to be displeased at with the coaching, no need to throw the guys doing the heavy lifting under the bus for another's faults and failures. Especially after the latest quip in his presser about passing the ball to win.

As others have said, we need to come out and play to our strengths - run the ball. The o-line has shown themselves capable in run blocking and Freeman's and Lindsay's play speaks for itself, respectively. Pound the ball and throw in PAP, no more empty backfields. Booker only comes in on the final kneel down.

Easy-peasy

It's simple: neither the Jets nor the Broncos can afford to walk out of Metlife with a loss on Sunday. Vance Joseph does get unwarranted criticism at times but the fact remains that he has not shown the ability to win road games, and as he would say, "That's on him". The one pleasant surprise for us this year is the sudden resurgence of the running game--it would behoove Bill Musgrave to make that his focal point.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Come on, now.

The Jets need this game, too. Plus, they're coming off of JVille, so they just had some serious practice against great defense. Should be a tough one. I agree with everyone who says lean on defense and the running game. That seems to be our equation for success this year, unfortunately. Grind 'em out.

Honestly, defensively I want to see us come out and attack, just as we attacked KC early on. There isnít a single Jets receiving threat that i can see as difficult to cover. If we maníd up on those KC receivers, and actually did a decent job, the matchup against the Jets tilt WAY in our favor. Darnold is no Mahomes and will succumb to that kind of pressure.

But knowing this coaching staff, theyíre going to play ultra conservative and weíll see that soft zone they should used on the 3rd and 17 and the 2nd & 20. Just this time all game long.

And offensively, run the ball down their throats! I also want to see Case play better, period.

The Bad
    - Dissent with the players
    - Let down of last game
    - Short week
    - Away game
    - Early Least Coast game
    - No offensive identity
    - Same piss poor coaching staff

The Good
    - The Jets suck
    - Their defense is awful, so maybe Keenum can be serviceable?
    - Maybe some of the player's anger can be channeled?

To say the least this is a gut check game. If they lose, the season is done and we should expect someone to get canned. The only thing I'm excited about is to see who has that grit, that anger a team and players need when they're down.

On paper i see the Broncos winning this game.

Broncos Defense "should" stifle the Jets offense and create a couple turnovers. Broncos offense "should" be able to control the ball and field position all game long. Add in a few explosive plays or short fields courtesy of the Defense and building on that same intensity they had against the Chiefs. This "should" be a double digit win.

Going to be interesting to see if the Broncos can translate all this to the field Sunday. Go Broncos!