Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85
Results 1,261 to 1,269 of 1269
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    When it keeps happening year after year...maybe it is the passing support for the QB and the coaching for the offense....

Just saying even PM looked questionable in 2015...and every QB has looked bad since 2015.

Maybe we are not doing enough to support the QB with players and coaches who can make the QB's job possible to succeed.
    I have to admit we look pretty poor at QB since PM left, but under Dennison as offensive coordinator and Kubes as HC, Trevor Seimian had 18 TD to 10 ints and an 85 or so rating and we went 9 and 7, I'm sure we were counting on Brock being with us initially but those coaches got a great deal out of that young Trevor guy. Then along comes VJ and McCoy/Musgrave and neither Brock, nor Paxton nor Trevor can seem to get it going. I'd never be satisfied with those QBs but we should take a longer look at the role of Off coordinator in our QB development and offense.

When it keeps happening year after year...maybe it is the passing support for the QB and the coaching for the offense....

Just saying even PM looked questionable in 2015...and every QB has looked bad since 2015.

Maybe we are not doing enough to support the QB with players and coaches who can make the QB's job possible to succeed.
    I'd agree IF we had anything to work with at QB and they sucked. Look at the names we've put out there. Siemian, osweiler, lynch, keenum. None of these are starting material on any team in the NFL

The line certainly has room for improvement. Case has to play better. There were a few plays when he had 4-5+ seconds to read every option. He held on to the ball and took too many sacks. I understand he receivers may have been covered - throw the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by orangehulk89 View Post
    we need a mobile quarterback period we should have got Lamar Jackson and let our defense blitz more
    every quarterback we played so far has time until next game to throw ball
    Why not Jeff Allen. The guy has speed and an arm. I'm concerned Jackson is just a speed guy and lacks a QB arm

Well should make for an interesting week seeing who gets axed and what other fallout there is.

Quote Originally Posted by since 1972 View Post
    Well should make for an interesting week seeing who gets axed and what other fallout there is.
    As a fan for over 40 years, I would bet a used candle that there will be absolutely ZERO personnel changes including players, coaches, or staff.

Quote Originally Posted by since 1972 View Post
    Yeah, call it a special edition of The Bachelor: Broncos Edition.

Everything I have read is that Denver choose not to give Wade another contract not that Wade left.

https://247sports.com/nfl/los-angele...oncos-74925463

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...tract-dispute/

Some articles suggest a mutual parting of ways like how Fox left.

Considering what was done with the Defense in 2015 if the new hc did not want to keep Wade then it would have been prudent imo to find another HC

McVay seems to be doing very well with Wade....and a front office that makes pass protection a priority in the off season.
    Hey I wanted to keep Wade too, but (from your quote) he "approached Elway hoping to become the NFL's highest-paid defensive coordinator by 'a substantial margin.' Elway declined, countering with an 'either-or option' -- an extension or a pay raise." That's plain greed and giving the GM an ultimatum! What we don't know is the number but it sounds like it was likely a head coach level salary. It was also reported from inside sources via twitter that if VJ was hired Wade was gone. I've tried to track down that old tweet (which I believe was reposted here) but that's been like trying to find a needle in a haystack the size of Mount Everest! But it's not hard to understand the sentiment, VJ was his underling in HOU so why would he want to work under that? As Wade said in an interview to the Denver Post

"He would have liked to stay, but he knew Joseph’s success as a first-time head coach depended on him having the main voice. 'It needs to be his team,' Phillips said."

Note also the very next day after VJ was hired here, Wade was in L.A. meaning he had already been talking to them. The Rams are owned by multi-billionaire Stan Kroenke who has plenty of money to throw around --he's footing the bill for his new four billion-dollar stadium in Inglewood! So buying an expensive piece of the Broncos SB success? No problemo to ensure that the Rams are the best (with the best new stadium). And Wade has his daughter over there in L.A. so he was happy to go.
    Last edited by L.M.; 10-08-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by broncosaurus View Post
    Wasn't that Plummer team like 6-1 when they dumped him because he dared to question some playcalling??
    They were 7-4, and Cutler proceeded to go 1-4 & they wound up 8-8. A number that DEN knows well. BTW Al Wilson was ticked when Plummer was benched, and Urlacher was ticked when CHI traded for him
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!