Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Guess it's already time to talk 2019 draft

I'd say QB, CB, and OT should all be high on our list. I'll say this. Whether it's 2019 or 2020, Elway needs to draft a potential franchise QB soon. I'd welcome Herbert next year or Tagovailoa or Fromm in 2020.

I think we really need to asses Kelly... if he is a true 7 th rounder.,,we go qb... if he looks l8ke somwthing special.. then weep loom at oline or corner...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I think we really need to asses Kelly... if he is a true 7 th rounder.,,we go qb... if he looks l8ke somwthing special.. then weep loom at oline or corner...
    Hopefully Kelly does get a chance. The Keenum experiment has failed.

Joseph stays around until week 12. Our record will be the same amount of wins we have now. Joseph will get fired and Musgrave takes over as interim coach. keenum will either be benched or have a "lingering" phantom injury. Kelly then has a month to show if he is the answer or not. Either way, we are drafting top 3, if not the number one spot. Its going to be hard to pass on a QB. Elway almost has to, to try and save face for the last 2 garbage Qb's he drafted. Should have just taken Rosen as the dude to build around.

Its going to be a long year folks.
    LETS GO GET EM BOYS

Id rather they try to get tua or fromm and use this draft to get ol,cb, dl shored up and things ready for one of those 2. I say fromm over eason as fromm beat him out buti dont know much about him other than that
    Glen Haven Fire

i'd really hope we can get johan williams Greedy Williams or Greg Little.

Greg little is a bit a raw but he is the best prospect as a LT he can do it all he has size and speed he is good and has all the tools to play LT. he also plays in The SEC which shows he is better.

Williams has the best technique and looks like he could fit in and be a Lt or RT right away. he is a A+ athlete but he has enough skills to easily man the LT spot.

Greedy williams is the next big thing at CB he has the size the speed the swagger. he is a red shirt soph and his fresh year he had 6 int and and 35% completion percentage against him. he would be an amazing replacement for talib.

Dalton Risner also looks good

this seems like a pretty deep draft OT so they may be the time to for it.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Can just repeat last year's needs. Be ready to draft bpa instead of by hole. Expect pass rushers even though we have plenty. TE yet again just because, a local OL line player. I'm hoping we trade away some picks for developed players as we seem to be struggling developing our picks.

I would say we have enough youth and talent at 3 positions, wide receiver, running back, and on the defensive edges. Outside of these 3 spots, every position is on the table in my opinion, and it comes down to value drafting and how each positional grouping stacks up throughout the 7 rounds.

In an ideal world Kelly gets an extended look this season and performs, and I don't think that is an unrealistic possibility right now. If this could happen it could eliminate the need to overdraft a quarterback from a pretty average class, and allow the focus to be building other areas of the team.

I am hoping for early selections to be made on the offensive line, at inside linebacker, and in the defensive backfield in the draft. I am not too concerned with free agency as I think we need to be in rebuild mode, and the priority should be clearing big contracts, adding quality youth, and making value signings. I guess we could probably spend some money because the one benefit of John Elway having multiple terrible drafts, we have none of our own guys to resign to significant contracts.

Do what it takes to get Herbert. Rumor is VJ needs 2 out of the next 4, if we lose Zona on TNF, we could see a major youth movement.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Do what it takes to get Herbert. Rumor is VJ needs 2 out of the next 4, if we lose Zona on TNF, we could see a major youth movement.
    According to BleachReport, Jeff Legwold tweeted that Elway, Russell and Bratten are at the Oregon game. Think we are looking at Herbert?
    Last edited by DN1218; 10-13-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    According to BleachReport, Jeff Legwold tweeted that Elway, Russell and Bratten are at the Oregon game. Think we are looking at Herbert?
    This would be a good thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd really hope we can get johan williams Greedy Williams or Greg Little.

Greg little is a bit a raw but he is the best prospect as a LT he can do it all he has size and speed he is good and has all the tools to play LT. he also plays in The SEC which shows he is better.

Williams has the best technique and looks like he could fit in and be a Lt or RT right away. he is a A+ athlete but he has enough skills to easily man the LT spot.

Greedy williams is the next big thing at CB he has the size the speed the swagger. he is a red shirt soph and his fresh year he had 6 int and and 35% completion percentage against him. he would be an amazing replacement for talib.

Dalton Risner also looks good

this seems like a pretty deep draft OT so they may be the time to for it.
    The one knock on greedy is his weight. Around 170 i believe. Hes still growing so hopefully he can put on some muscle

In other news dl davis from alabama was able to throw 3 punches and not get ejected
    Last edited by armedequation; 10-13-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Boy, this team needs lots of help. We need QB, TE, OT, OG, DL, ILB, and CB. Am I missing anything?

Denver is on its way again for another top 5 pick. I guess we have the draft look forward too this season feels lost already.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Boy, this team needs lots of help. We need QB, TE, OT, OG, DL, ILB, and CB. Am I missing anything?
    You can never fill every hole. There's no perfect team in the NFL. So you need to improve areas that will have a ripple effect on the rest of the units. Scheme (defensively) can also make up for some of the shortcomings.

And even if you got the other 6 things right, the QB is the most important position on the field. That's the must fill, if you get a good one with a quick release that can improve the o-line.