Bradley Roby was absent from the Broncos facility on Monday

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ity-on-monday/

Per multiple sources, Roby didnít show up at the team facility on Monday. Itís currently unclear whether the absence was excused. One source suggested that Roby was absent for health reasons, with Roby needing IVs due to an illness. Another source suggested that Roby was an Antonio Brown-style no-show.

For now, all thatís known with certainty is that he wasnít there.
    Sounds like someone wasn't too happy about the coaching staff calling him out and saying he needs to be playing better football....

Without knowing the circumstances, maybe its excused. If it is not, you don't quit to prove a point that you are not quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Sounds like someone wasn't too happy about the coaching staff calling him out and saying he needs to be playing better football....
    Well, unfortunately, in the absence of information this story makes a lot about nothing. It could easily play out either way, but I'll play.

VJ has a lot of issues himself but if Roby stayed away for hurt feelings it can't be because he knows the truth is opposite of what VJ said. Roby is playing bad football.

There is a lot to like in how he plays like generally playing physical, has good speed, etc., but he's often easily baited in double-moves, and for crying out loud is one of the the easiest PI targets in the league because he rarely plays the ball, doesn't look back - doesn't even try to fake it. It's no wonder he's being targeted so much. He's not a #2 CB.

So he can have his issues with VJ, but nothing about what the coach said is wrong. If he wants the coach to own up to his failures then Roby, if he hasn't already, needs to own his as well .

Best case, he is absent for good reasons. We'll see.

Remember the feelings when Elway called the team soft last year? Sadly he doesn't even have to say it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Well, unfortunately, in the absence of information this story makes a lot about nothing. It could easily play out either way, but I'll play.

VJ has a lot of issues himself but if Roby stayed away for hurt feelings it can't be because he knows the truth is opposite of what VJ said. Roby is playing bad football.

There is a lot to like in how he plays like generally playing physical, has good speed, etc., but he's often easily baited in double-moves, and for crying out loud is one of the the easiest PI targets in the league because he rarely plays the ball, doesn't look back - doesn't even try to fake it. It's no wonder he's being targeted so much. He's not a #2 CB.

So he can have his issues with VJ, but nothing about what the coach said is wrong. If he wants the coach to own up to his failures then Roby, if he hasn't already, needs to own his as well .

Best case, he is absent for good reasons. We'll see.
    Well and you are correct, it's speculation on my part to add everything after the quote. That's my take on it, but as of right now, we have no additional information.

It's something to keep an eye on because if he really truly did no-show, he may get slapped with a one game suspension by the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Endaround View Post
    Remember the feelings when Elway called the team soft last year? Sadly he doesn't even have to say it this year.
    Live look-in at Bradly Roby following the Jets game.

It appears to have been much ado about nothing.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis
    Bradley Roby was sick yesterday, he saw trainers late in day. Was not present for meetings. It does appear he should have communicated better with his coaches. #9sports

Was probably in the ER Burn unit.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs View Post
    was probably in the er burn unit.

He's extra crispy after that Jets game.

It appears to have been much ado about nothing.
    I wouldn't say that. If he needed to be absent for ANY reason you need to tell somebody. This is the ultimate team sport and the coaches need to be able to field questions. So do your teammates. So the question is who did he tell that he wasn't going to be there? - if the answer was no one then I would hope there is discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I wouldn't say that. If he needed to be absent for ANY reason you need to tell somebody. This is the ultimate team sport and the coaches need to be able to field questions. So do your teammates. So the question is who did he tell that he wasn't going to be there? - if the answer was no one then I would hope there is discipline.
    From what I heard he told the trainers but neither the trainers or Roby told the coaches.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    From what I heard he told the trainers but neither the trainers or Roby told the coaches.
    According to reports, he told team doctors that he was sick but that information was not passed along.

“I let them know before work and somehow that didn’t get communicated to everyone or the right people."
    It seems the team doesn't find the excuse convincing. He was fined for his absence Monday.

I don't know the protocol but Roby is a fourth year player and should. His statement almost leaves some wiggle room about it nothing getting "communicated to everyone or the right people." My guess, sick or not, he didn't talk to whom he was supposed to. Kind of insult to injury after his game Sunday to get fined by the team.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    That is fine and good but if the process set out is to tell the coaches because the trainers/doctors have some legal obligation to him the player with regards to privacy then again I see this as needing some addressing. He is a 4th year player who frankly isn't playing up to his 1st round status at this point.

Roby showed up and played well today. Good to see him man up despite a bad game and show up when it matters.

Roby another good game, keep it up Roby some fans got your back!!!!!