Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Some players handle adversity poorly, others step up. There was a very valid reason to be frustrated at Roby after the Jets game. He had an absolutely terrible game, one that it's really hard to make excuses for. Most of the bad scores that game were either his fault, or the fault of Woods for not recognizing how badly he was getting burned and providing him assistance in the form of safety help over the top.

All that said, while we were justified in our ire towards Roby, he's played very well the last two weeks, especially last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Some players handle adversity poorly, others step up. There was a very valid reason to be frustrated at Roby after the Jets game. He had an absolutely terrible game, one that it's really hard to make excuses for. Most of the bad scores that game were either his fault, or the fault of Woods for not recognizing how badly he was getting burned and providing him assistance in the form of safety help over the top.

All that said, while we were justified in our ire towards Roby, he's played very well the last two weeks, especially last night.
    To be fair to Roby, he only really got burned badly for a touchdown once against the Jets. The other touchdown he gave up he had great coverage and the safety, Darien Stewert was late and out of position, and Darnold just made an amazing throw, you can handle that. Yeah, Roby didn't play great, but it was well overblown in my opinion and he was made the scapegoat by fans and even Vance Joseph, glad to see he has bounced back.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    To be fair to Roby, he only really got burned badly for a touchdown once against the Jets. The other touchdown he gave up he had great coverage and the safety, Darien Stewert was late and out of position, and Darnold just made an amazing throw, you can handle that. Yeah, Roby didn't play great, but it was well overblown in my opinion and he was made the scapegoat by fans and even Vance Joseph, glad to see he has bounced back.
    I get Coach Joseph is looking to blame anything possible-- he blamed the punter.

But Roby, his next deal is a 1-year prove it. If I was a GM and I could lock down a corner with a 5th option, I would do it. But he's not really even an above average corner.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif