I Forgot To Mention....10 Years and Counting

I just realized that I too have been here more than 10 years (since March/08). And I really appreciate the free season tickets I received from this fine board, along with airfare/lodging. I did not expect such a nice gift, but hey,10 years folks!!

I clearly have a love for the place, given how many threads/posts I have pumped out. I have been far from perfect, rubbing some folks along the way. Sorry. I am proud of most of what I have posted, but I would have changed a few things if I could go back.

Thanks for all the good times along the way!

Congrats on your 10 years as well!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Congrats on your 10 years CanDB. Next year will be 10 years for me. In the early years of me being a members of the BCMB I mostly did a lot of reading and posted very little. I have read many of your threads and posts and must say you post some really great stuff and start some really great threads. Thank you for the great reads!!!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018

Congrats Sir
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Congrats on 10-great years Can. Looking forward to 10 more from you.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Congratulations!

Care to share what the 10 year anniversary present is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Congratulations!

Care to share what the 10 year anniversary present is?
    Shhh...I have been hired to jump out of a Surprise Party Cake.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Ten years sure flies by! Congrats Can

Wow! Good job! You contribute a ton to this forumn!

Thanks gang! I have a lot of good words to say about each of you. This board has many strengths, including the opportunity to share information, profess theories (even if somewhat off the beaten path), celebrate together, and even vent together when the team is not doing so well.....but beyond, there are many other benefits: socializing, having a few laughs, and perhaps most important....being able to express oneself, even at times when it is not popular. Yes, all within the confines of being as respectful as one would hope when interacting with other folks.

And along the way, some of us step over the line, which is not a wise move, but perhaps it is often done without realization. Kindness and civility can get forgotten when involved in a heated debate, or when discussion is quite sensitive. Not condoning it, but I understand why it happens. Probably because I am a fairly sensitive person, with very strong views on various subjects.

In the end, it's how we handle ourselves when we go too far. Are we sincere in our apology, if in fact we apologize at all? Are we accountable for what we pronounce? Are we open minded, no matter the outcome? And for me, what's really important, can we forgive one another when it is correct to do so, and move on, always with the objective of getting along? In my case, I have caused a few headaches for sure, but I believe I can forgive pretty much anyone, and would hope that others feel the same. I may have issues with some group behaviour, but one of my most valued policies in life is to try to make things right with anyone I meet. In that regard, I've got some pals here that were not pals at a previous time. We worked it out. And instead of being opposed, we created an open setting for future dialogue. It's a fabulous thing when you can go from negativity to pal status, just because both of you tried. And when folks do that, they often find that they made a good friend, where no friendship existed. POWERFUL stuff.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-11-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Congrats!

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    Ten years sure flies by! Congrats Can
    Yes it does....and you were one of the first to make me feel welcome here! THX!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I just realized that I too have been here more than 10 years (since March/08). And I really appreciate the free season tickets I received from this fine board, along with airfare/lodging. I did not expect such a nice gift, but hey,10 years folks!!

I clearly have a love for the place, given how many threads/posts I have pumped out. I have been far from perfect, rubbing some folks along the way. Sorry. I am proud of most of what I have posted, but I would have changed a few things if I could go back.

Thanks for all the good times along the way!
    Congrats Can I always new you were an old timer but now its official!!
    WHAT THE CATERPILLAR CALLS THE END, THE MASTER CALLS A BUTTERFLY.

--RICHARD BACH

Congrats on the 10 year Dave. I'm glad I've met you through here! Love your posts and input.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Congrats on the 10 year Dave. I'm glad I've met you through here! Love your posts and input.
    I should respond to each of you, because each has meant something to me. But for sake of space, and not wanting to keep the attention on my thread, as opposed to Frenchy for example, I am selectively adding to the commentary. But I need to mention you Brent, because you and I got off to a bit of weak start, early on. But what followed was fabulous! We quickly side stepped the topic of concern, and I like to think, have become buds. I use the example of us when describing the good side of such boards.

Take care. It appears life is good with you. I saw you grow from a student to a very responsible adult. It was nice to observe, and happened very quickly. Congratz!!!

And thanks......
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-12-2018 at 10:13 AM.