Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78

Thread: Chargers Smack

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Under the Colfax bridge by Invesco
    Posts
    344

    Chargers Smack

    I think it's more likely that the Browns will beat the Chargers than the Rams beating the Broncos!

    Short and Sweet!
    Last edited by justabroncosfan; 10-10-2018 at 03:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    817
    The Brown very well might beat the Chargers, but:

    I'll be impressed if the Broncos are within 17 points of the Rams when the final whistle blows.
    Last edited by Mainrnxile; 10-10-2018 at 03:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    I think it's more likely that the Browns will beat the Chargers than the Rams beating the Broncos!

    Short and Sweet!
    I don't think the Browns beat the Chargers. Even if we had Brady at Qb the Broncos would not beat the Rams. I'm hoping the Broncos can pull off the upset but its unlikely.
    Last edited by Assassin27; 10-10-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    I don't think the Browns beat the Chargers. Even if we had Brady at Qb the Broncos would not beat the Rams. I'm hoping the Broncos can pull off the upset but its unlikely.
    Yeah no doubt, a 41 year old cheating Tom Brady we might as well go In there with Brady Quinn...

    Oops 😬 this is Charger smack! 😂😂😂

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    I think it's more likely that the Browns will beat the Chargers than the Rams beating the Broncos!

    Short and Sweet!
    i think it's more likely the browns beat the chargers than the broncos NOT getting swept by the chargers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    this will be an interesting test for rivers. you can no longer just say it's the browns, their pass defense is legit and they lead the league in TO differential. normally these are the types of defenses that give rivers problems but the way rivers has been playing this season, i wouldn't be surprised if he still torches them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    I think it's more likely that the Browns will beat the Chargers than the Rams beating the Broncos!

    Short and Sweet!


    "i smell crow cooking in the oven."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,339
    The Chargers are 4-2, which is exactly what their fans should have expected from the first 6 games. They look to be a pretty good team, and they'll get better when (if?) Joey Bosa returns.

    I fully expect the Chefs will falter, which means that the Chargers will win the division.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post


    "i smell crow cooking in the oven."
    oh my god that face............. haha!

    He played awesome today

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The Chargers are 4-2, which is exactly what their fans should have expected from the first 6 games. They look to be a pretty good team, and they'll get better when (if?) Joey Bosa returns.

    I fully expect the Chefs will falter, which means that the Chargers will win the division.
    Normally Iíd agree but Iím going to venture to say not this time especially since they have Mahomes.

    Iím the biggest bronco fan out there but they doesnít cloud my judgement when watching a big time talent like Mahomes.

    The chiefs have a track record of bad habits I get it but Mahomes is their X factor now and I donít see them falling short of a deep playoff run this season or the next few!

    I hate to say it but their going to be like the Elway led broncos of the 80s.

    That is why itís so important for Elway to stop messing around with the BOs (and I do mean BO) and the Case Keenums of the world and get a Justin Herbert or Will Grier in the upcoming draft!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-14-2018 at 08:08 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,339
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    this will be an interesting test for rivers. you can no longer just say it's the browns, their pass defense is legit and they lead the league in TO differential. normally these are the types of defenses that give rivers problems but the way rivers has been playing this season, i wouldn't be surprised if he still torches them.
    Rivers certainly didn't torch the Browns, but at the same time, they didn't need him to. The Chargers killed with the run. The top 2 backs combined 25 carries for 192 yards and Gordon's 3 TDs, and that's a great way to win. Especially because it isn't just the Browns anymore.

    When you have a team that can run the ball, play good defense, and a QB who can make plays (I know I call him a stats compiler, but he can make plays, especially when they're tied or leading) that's a pretty good mix to have.

    Still a long way until any Super Bowl favourites can honestly be looked at (SB winning teams often face adversity in November and December) but San Angeles is trending in the right direction currently.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Normally I’d agree but I’m going to venture to say not this time especially since they have Mahomes.

    I’m the biggest bronco fan out there but they doesn’t cloud my judgement when watching a big time talent like Mahomes.

    The chiefs have a track record of bad habits I get it but Mahomes is their X factor now and I don’t see them falling short of a deep playoff run this season or the next few!

    I hate to say it but their going to be like the Elway led broncos of the 80s.

    That is why it’s so important for Elway to stop messing around with the BOs (and I do mean BO) and the Case Keenums of the world and get a Justin Herbert or Will Grier in the upcoming draft!

    I'm not sold on Mahomes for one simple reason, it's been 7 games as a starter. And he has yet to face a slump. At some point he's going to slump in a big way, the greats pull themselves out of it, the good ones manage to limit how long it lasts, the mediocre and below ones just end up riding the waves.

    Until a QB has been awful for a few games, had some bad losses, made all of the wrong throws and bounced back, I think it's too early to say they're keepers.

    I'll also point to Dallas, Two years ago everyone thought Dak Prescott was the next great QB, and since then he's been average at best the majority of the time.

    I also think the Chefs D will catch up to them. You can't be that bad and not have it catch up to you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Rivers certainly didn't torch the Browns, but at the same time, they didn't need him to. The Chargers killed with the run. The top 2 backs combined 25 carries for 192 yards and Gordon's 3 TDs, and that's a great way to win. Especially because it isn't just the Browns anymore.

    When you have a team that can run the ball, play good defense, and a QB who can make plays (I know I call him a stats compiler, but he can make plays, especially when they're tied or leading) that's a pretty good mix to have.

    Still a long way until any Super Bowl favourites can honestly be looked at (SB winning teams often face adversity in November and December) but San Angeles is trending in the right direction currently.
    Perhaps this is one of the reasons why I am so frustrated with Elway at the moment. In my opinion the broncos still have a really great and talented defense however they have really bad coaching.

    They have a really good running game yet the offensive line still cannot pass block in almost four straight seasons with different personnel and their 3rd offensive coaching staff.

    As for the offensive coaches, they are ever stubborn as all hell! They insist on throwing the ball rather than putting it on the shoulders of their running backĎs.
    Also I cannot stand the fact that they do not utilize Andy Janovich to a greater extent. If they would actually pull their heads up and do what needs to be done, the Broncos can win a lot of games by being a great team on defense with a solid offense that can move the ball!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'm not sold on Mahomes for one simple reason, it's been 7 games as a starter. And he has yet to face a slump. At some point he's going to slump in a big way, the greats pull themselves out of it, the good ones manage to limit how long it lasts, the mediocre and below ones just end up riding the waves.

    Until a QB has been awful for a few games, had some bad losses, made all of the wrong throws and bounced back, I think it's too early to say they're keepers.

    I'll also point to Dallas, Two years ago everyone thought Dak Prescott was the next great QB, and since then he's been average at best the majority of the time.

    I also think the Chefs D will catch up to them. You can't be that bad and not have it catch up to you.
    Lol yes they are really bad on defense letting a very slow Gronkowski record over 300 yards tonight and about to lose the game. 😂

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Perhaps this is one of the reasons why I am so frustrated with Elway at the moment. In my opinion the broncos still have a really great and talented defense however they have really bad coaching.

    They have a really good running game yet the offensive line still cannot pass block in almost four straight seasons with different personnel and their 3rd offensive coaching staff.

    As for the offensive coaches, they are ever stubborn as all hell! They insist on throwing the ball rather than putting it on the shoulders of their running back‘s.
    Also I cannot stand the fact that they do not utilize Andy Janovich to a greater extent. If they would actually pull their heads up and do what needs to be done, the Broncos can win a lot of games by being a great team on defense with a solid offense that can move the ball!
    The pass protection argument is a bit of a crutch, in my opinion. The pass protection today wasn't bad. They gave Keenum time most of the game, and to his credit he did make some plays.

    Defensively the scheme is wrong. The base scheme is wrong and the coverage shells are wrong. With the corners Denver has they should be running through different zone coverages, mixing in some man at times, but being predominantly zone. Right now they try to play too much man defense, and the cushions are too big. You can still play press in zone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •