Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chargers Smack

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The area where I have the most issue is his horrible drafting.

I think he realizes this but stick to what your good at and heís good for the defensive side of the ball. Heís drafted good players there but letís not beat around the bush, he waited way to long to offer Malik Jackson and Von Miller contracts. John knew better and the only thing that kept Miller here was the franchise tag...

I donít care about the release of Ward, I agree that had to happen however I strongly disagree with how handled Wades departure.

Now I understand that John built the defense but It was not until Wade Phillips came to town that won the Broncos a Super Bowl.

I get it that he brought hey in Manning to Denver for Peyton Manning had very little to do with winning that Super Bowl and we all know this.
    I do give John Elway credit or building that historical but look at the appreciation he showed Wade, it wasnít right. I know everybody loves John Elway and they want to give him a free pass because of who he is but like Iíve said many times that this is business and if you are not producing then changes need to be made and you canít be stubborn or arrogant when it comes to making those changes.

Iíve been fortunate enough to be very close to Dove Valley and to be friends with some of the people working for the organization. The company I work for handles a lot of the Broncos contracts whether they be traveling or just having a dinner outing. I also see a lot of the guys at the top golf location on Arapahoe Road and Havana which is right down the street from UC Health. I know these guys and weíve worked together.
    Itís talking itís no secret people talk whether itís just rumors or not but word is that Elway has not been dictating things as much this season as he has in the last few years and that is because Joe Ellis stepped in and requested that John allow his coaches to coach.

I canít provide you proof of word of mouth and I wouldnít Expect anyone to believe anything that I say or anything that anybody else says unless you heard it directly from the horses mouth.

Iím just giving you my opinion and telling you how I feel about the whole situation based on what Iíve been told. I donít hate John, not in he least but I know that he needs to let his guys work and trust them to do their jobs. He hired them for crying out loud and there shouldnít be any of this ďyes maíamĒ type stuff going on. Just sit back do your share of the job but donít Jerry Jones it out there and let your coaches work.
    Elway needs to be held accountable for sure. Canít fix his bad drafts, he needs two more like this season. If i was in charge he would have until next season to get us back in the postseason. If not I would turn to Kubiak to run the team.
    But that said, Iíll worry about that once weíre mathematically eliminated from the postseason which with the way KC and the bolts are playing will be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway needs to be held accountable for sure. Can’t fix his bad drafts, he needs two more like this season. If i was in charge he would have until next season to get us back in the postseason. If not I would turn to Kubiak to run the team.
    But that said, I’ll worry about that once we’re mathematically eliminated from the postseason which with the way KC and the bolts are playing will be soon.
    heres the thing everybody ignores about the drafts

people act like Elway is a one man show, he scouts, evaluates, and makes the board all by his lonesome with absolutely zero input from

team scouts
    team coaches
    D of player personel
    director of college scouting
    or the 12 college scouts under him

whn a pick is a fail its on everyone not just the GM who made the call

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

people act like Elway is a one man show, he scouts, evaluates, and makes the board all by his lonesome with absolutely zero input from

team scouts
    team coaches
    D of player personel

True, but Elway has to take Ownership as the GM and face of the franchise. He should get all the glory, and all the blame. Just like when he was a Qb.

team scouts
    team coaches
    D of player personel

that's very true, a good GM must trust and depend on his scouts. same can be said for written contracts because elway isn't the one crunching the numbers and seeing what works for the cap and what doesn't, i can tell you that.

that said, every GM must live and die by these facts and when the broncos had success it was elway, not the scouts or the rest of his staff getting 100% of the credit. so he (along with every other GM) deservingly should get 100% of the blame when the FO makes mistakes under his watch.

one could speculate that since he is a HOF all time great QB that he tries to do too much when evaluating QB's, maybe he eihter needs to make some changes in his college/nfl scouting department or possibly trust his scouts more if he isn't listening to them like he should be.

honestly, if he cannot swallow his pride and try to learn from mistakes as a GM and learn to trust his staff or adjust his staff, then he probably wont make it long term. not trying to sound like i know it all but this reminds me a lot of AJ smith and that clown never could swallow his pride and do what's right for the team to be successful just because he had some early success drafting. all he cared about what his dumb ass EGO after that.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    that's very true, a good GM must trust and depend on his scouts. same can be said for written contracts because elway isn't the one crunching the numbers and seeing what works for the cap and what doesn't, i can tell you that.

that said, every GM must live and die by these facts and when the broncos had success it was elway, not the scouts or the rest of his staff getting 100% of the credit. so he (along with every other GM) deservingly should get 100% of the blame when the FO makes mistakes under his watch.

one could speculate that since he is a HOF all time great QB that he tries to do too much when evaluating QB's, maybe he eihter needs to make some changes in his college/nfl scouting department or possibly trust his scouts more if he isn't listening to them like he should be.

honestly, if he cannot swallow his pride and try to learn from mistakes as a GM and learn to trust his staff or adjust his staff, then he probably wont make it long term. not trying to sound like i know it all but this reminds me a lot of AJ smith and that clown never could swallow his pride and do what's right for the team to be successful just because he had some early success drafting. all he cared about what his dumb ass EGO after that.
    if getting a true franchise qb was easy

every team in the league would have one

if getting a true franchise qb was easy

every team in the league would have one
    what about just an average starter?

Chargers have proven nothing so far

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Chargers have proven nothing so far
    now isn't the time to prove anything, they need to get to the playoffs, that should be their only concern.

now isn't the time to prove anything, they need to get to the playoffs, that should be their only concern.
    All iím saying is their 5-2 record doesnít mean much

All i’m saying is their 5-2 record doesn’t mean much
    means they got a good chance to get to the playoffs at this point, only thing that matters this time of year.

means they got a good chance to get to the playoffs [B]at this point /[B], only thing that matters this time of year.
    Talk to me in December

Talk to me in December
    that's pretty much what i'm telling you

have you actually been reading along in this thread?

i'm not ready to say they are SB contenders but they are definitely playing like a playoff caliber team. the chargers still need to prove they can beat not only the chiefs but the pats as well. until that happens i will put them behind those two for sure.
    settle down junior.

You go to the draft looking for average starters ?

The goal is a franchise we for the next 10-15 years

that's pretty much what i'm telling you

have you actually been reading along in this thread?

settle down junior.
    You appear more excited than youíre letting on. You barely beat SF and Tennessee. While 5-2 is good, wake me up if you beat KC or Pitt. If the Chargers had a great history of being on top, itís a completely different story as I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

You appear more excited than youíre letting on. You barely beat SF and Tennessee. While 5-2 is good, wake me up if you beat KC or Pitt.
    It sux but Iím calling it right now, your Pansy team will end up with Patrick Peterson.

Whatís not being reported is the fact that he asked to be traded to a contender. LA canít afford him, Minnesota not do likely hopefully New Orleans but itíll most likely be the pansies.

Unless KC can piles itís trash up high enough that Arizona bites. Lol 😂😂😂