Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If we move on from vance...

If we want the next Head Coaching phenom, we need to look at college. Kirby Smart, the head coach at Georgia, would be high on my short list. He's a defensive minded coach, knows what to do with talent, and would have the presence of mind to find the RIGHT offensive coordinator, even if that meant keeping our current Coordinator. I would be so excited if we brought him in. Can't guarantee he'd leave Georgia, but if he would, man, we would be a different team next year. Much different.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    If we want the next Head Coaching phenom, we need to look at college. Kirby Smart, the head coach at Georgia, would be high on my short list. He's a defensive minded coach, knows what to do with talent, and would have the presence of mind to find the RIGHT offensive coordinator, even if that meant keeping our current Coordinator. I would be so excited if we brought him in. Can't guarantee he'd leave Georgia, but if he would, man, we would be a different team next year. Much different.
    Iím not sure i feel he is experienced enough yet to make a splash in the NFL. Impressive resume sure but the NfL is a different animal. Also last time we tried to hire a defensive minded coach to not mess with our strength we ended up with the mess we have today.

From a college fan perspective i would also despise taking him away from Georgia. Saban already runs college football bad enough. You take away his biggest competition in the SEC and itís another 5 year cakewalk for Saban. Iím just saying that from my college football side ignoring my Broncos fandom. Obviously I would prefer whatís best for the Broncos than whatís good for college football.

No to any defensive minded coach. Not only does the modern NFL need good offense to win, the last thing you want is a plain jane offense. You have to have an edge. Even as a running team you have to have that play that works to perfection every time it's run and then you option other things out of that play.
    I don't want a defensive minded coach because I think that also puts us back in trying to rediscover the 2015 defense without the horses to execute it. Folks, if you haven't noticed our back 7 is not very good. We have 2 really good people there, Von and CHJ, but the balance, I'd argue, is below average. We may have some D talent already on the roster that isn't being utilized because of coaching, but I can't judge what I haven't seen perform in a game,

If we are going college HCs. I am going to pick David Shaw. Offensive minded coach that has a good background.

I think David Toub should be the hire !

If w move on from Vance than we have to move on from Elway and his whole staff. The whole house must be torn down and be rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    If w move on from Vance than we have to move on from Elway and his whole staff. The whole house must be torn down and be rebuilt.
    That seems extreme at this point.

The future isn't certain for Elway at this point but giving the success the team has enjoyed since he took I am all but certain the FO will make allowances to see how or if Elway can work through the problems.

Elway's choice of VJ was a bad one but one prompted by Kubes sudden departure for health reasons. Other coaches in consideration went deep into the post season which further limited things. Elway isn't without fault making a bad decision but let's not pretend he was holding a great hand to begin with.

I don't think they for Elway this season but I am sure he's feeling the pressure to work this out because of he doesn't he will be in jeopardy.

Three head coaches in seven seasons is not good, despite the succsses

It would also be the third new coach since 2015 for Von, Wolf, & Harris. They are probably getting a bit annoyed by the constant coaching changes.

If they do get a new coach, it should be someone who has experience. I'd look at Jason Garrett (If he's fired), Jeff Fisher, Brian Billick, and Jim Mora Jr.

If Kubes didn't have health issues he'd probably still be the HC

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    That seems extreme at this point.

The future isn't certain for Elway at this point but giving the success the team has enjoyed since he took I am all but certain the FO will make allowances to see how or if Elway can work through the problems.

Elway's choice of VJ was a bad one but one prompted by Kubes sudden departure for health reasons. Other coaches in consideration went deep into the post season which further limited things. Elway isn't without fault making a bad decision but let's not pretend he was holding a great hand to begin with.

I don't think they for Elway this season but I am sure he's feeling the pressure to work this out because of he doesn't he will be in jeopardy.
    I understand your comments there but it is not an outrageous comment or even thought to think that a GM & a HC will get fired at the same time. Particularly when you look at what many see as the foundation as to why they credit JE. That is Manning and the FA's which closely followed. A player of Manning's caliber is not only rare but what is even more rare is that they become free agents. It is unrealistic to think that we'd get lucky like that again.

As an objective fan if we were to look at his other FA signings and the way which he has addressed our defense and QB situations....it is fair and mosre than appropriate to ask if he should be the "guy" running our FO.

I don't know to much about GMs, but.... how does JE compare to other GMs the last 7years and which other GM would guarantee us the playoffs every year. That seems to be the standard for great GMs. If you find him, then I might say yeaaaaaaaaa...... sign him up. BUT, he has to make the POs every year because that's what the Broncos fans expect. Now use your hindsight and find him.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
    It would also be the third new coach since 2015 for Von, Wolf, & Harris. They are probably getting a bit annoyed by the constant coaching changes.

If they do get a new coach, it should be someone who has experience. I'd look at Jason Garrett (If he's fired), Jeff Fisher, Brian Billick, and Jim Mora Jr.
    Grasping at coaches with experience wont get you anywhere. I wouldnt consider 3 out of 4 of those.

Garrett -better than vj yeah but no thanks
    Mora jr - couldnt hack it as ucla head coach
    Fisher - just ask the rams.

Brian knows his football but not sure he would take the job at this point. That and brian strikes me as one that would wantto have gm duties much like shanahan. I would take brian or mike before any of the 3 above hands down though
    Last edited by armedequation; 10-12-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Fox got another job (which he's already been fired from) while still coaching the Broncos, and Kubiak was health related.

Regardless of the excuses, like you said they've had too many. Elway needs to find a coach who's going to be around for awhile, he has to get it right this time. The spotlight will be on Elway going forward.

Not new. From the historical perspective, that's been the norm with this franchise. Since the team's foundation in 1960, we've had sixteen different head coaches, and only two of them -Dan Reeves ('81-'92) and Mike Shanahan ('95-'08)- have had long tenures here.

At the same time, we've only had one, long-term franchise QB --John Elway of course.

Great coaches and QB's are rare and more than half of the League is continually searching for one, the other, or both. At the minimum we need one of those to be great and the other to be at least competent if we're going to get anywhere.

May fortune smile on the Broncos (we need some badly)(kneeling and praying hard), the same fortune that blessed Green Bay with Favre followed immediately by Rodgers, NE Brady, and KC Mahomes (GRRR!), and may we find the right coach (it can be a veteran or a rookie -- past great coaches emerged as both).
    Last edited by L.M.; 10-12-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016