Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89
Results 1,321 to 1,326 of 1326
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    Someone else mentioned how this is all just entertainment to put me in my place... Yeah it is just entertainment but, if it was all so meaningless and unimportant why are we all here spending so much time on this forum?? Seems to me a big waste of time to come and share our opinions and spend time reading the threads and opinions of others posters if it really is so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I cannot argue that there are so much more important things in life no doubt BUT... Obviously most of us here care a lot and with our differing personalities will handle losses and a losing season in different ways.
    As "someone else", I wrote what I did not to "put you in your place" but to simply offer another vantage point on all of this that feels better and helps one to "roll with the punches". I was fairly explicit on that point about perspective. I didn't state nor imply that interest and discussion is meaningless either, nor that we shouldn't care, but we can "keep one foot out" emotionally so to speak. Following sports is like a hobby, a past-time; there are numerous fora full of enthusiasts for all such things, and that's why people come here and post. Many of us are here because it's also an established community with a good deal more being discussed than just football, and there are even people here who have no interest in the Broncos nor the NFL at all!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    A winning season is when you win more games than you lose. A losing season is when you lose more games than you win. Maybe they should have seasons with an odd number of games to eliminate confusion. A tie counts as half a win and half a loss.
    Having an odd amount of games could add clarity to what defines a winning and a losing season. It might even eliminate some banter.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    I never suggested he wasn't allowed to have his opinion.. I just wrote that kind of opinion scares me because it means the Broncos are not a very good team and the positive posters need to look for that silver lining, while the rest of us freak out.

The Broncos are not a good team anymore, they are a team with fans who have to count moral victories and look for little improvements with the hopes that things will get better down the line.

Someone else mentioned how this is all just entertainment to put me in my place... Yeah it is just entertainment but, if it was all so meaningless and unimportant why are we all here spending so much time on this forum?? Seems to me a big waste of time to come and share our opinions and spend time reading the threads and opinions of others posters if it really is so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. I cannot argue that there are so much more important things in life no doubt BUT... Obviously most of us here care a lot and with our differing personalities will handle losses and a losing season in different ways.
    First, I want to say that the post that's quoted and this one is from Peanut the fan/member and not Peanut the mod. Sometimes people can't see which hat I'm wearing.

No, you never said that he wasn't allowed his opinion. It just seemed that you were belittling him because you used words like "And so it begins.... lol"; "Responses like this were very predictable."; "Moral victories are meaningless.". And I just made a simple statement about opinions.

We all know that it's difficult sometimes to understand what someone means. Like I didn't think LM was trying to put you in your place. Two different people read the same thing but each sees something different.

Yes, it's a waste of time to come here. Ask my husband. To me, this is part of the entertainment. To connect with other fans. But when you connect with people, it becomes more than entertainment and becomes important. Does that make sense? Probably not.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    First, I want to say that the post that's quoted and this one is from Peanut the fan/member and not Peanut the mod. Sometimes people can't see which hat I'm wearing.

No, you never said that he wasn't allowed his opinion. It just seemed that you were belittling him because you used words like "And so it begins.... lol"; "Responses like this were very predictable."; "Moral victories are meaningless.". And I just made a simple statement about opinions.

We all know that it's difficult sometimes to understand what someone means. Like I didn't think LM was trying to put you in your place. Two different people read the same thing but each sees something different.

Yes, it's a waste of time to come here. Ask my husband. To me, this is part of the entertainment. To connect with other fans. But when you connect with people, it becomes more than entertainment and becomes important. Does that make sense? Probably not.
    You wear hats? Did you wear a birthday hat to EM's Birthday party?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    The D hasn't done squat. We have played 4 of our 6 games this season at home. We have a significant home field advantage and we should play every team close in our house. We now face 5 of the next 7 on the road. Let's see how our D holds up on the road.
    With Keenum turning the ball over like pancakes the "D" will be on the field for ever, not to mention the 3 and outs because the ball is beginning held for 20 seconds and then a 13 yard sack. Plus the "D" can't get a break because we average 3.5 yards a carry but don't run the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    You wear hats? Did you wear a birthday hat to EM's Birthday party?
    Which one?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus